Why isn't Nico Hischier being given any spotlight?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Because the rookie group as a whole is on a record pace. So many guys contributing. No reason to talk about only Hischier.

This isn't about talking "only about Hischier". This is about the fact that there's no talk whatsoever about Hischier. It's literally in the title of the thread ("any spotlight").

Reactions: FinRanger

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
and calling another rookie who has having a great season (as well as a great pre-season) a 6th round nobody is also trolling. Maybe even worse than your Nico trolling.

Bratt is also only 19 years old and they're both developing great chemistry. Maybe its jealousy??

No I am a Hawks fan I am definitely not jealous. Our rookie just scored 10 goals in November

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Yeah, the best center the team has & who is 2nd in points & is very responsible defensively too, somehow "doesn't deserve" #1 PP unit time. Seems legit.

You are not familiar with the concept of having more options, rather than only one stacked?
You see those B's in my signature? I think you know what they mean. Well, Pastrnak gets shuffled back and forth during the season between the Marchand-Bergeron line and the Krejci line (last season too, by the way). Do you think that it's because he isn't playing well enough to be with Marchand-Bergeron?

Are you high? Pasta leads the Bruins in PP time per game

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Ah, he of the 22% shooting percentage. Definitely sustainable. /sarcasm

10 goals in one month of course someone is going to have a high shooting percentage. deBrincat has yet to backcheck though so I will concede Hischer is better hahahahahahahshs

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
He also hasn't been as impressive as the Devil's 6th round nobody so he's clearly a bust and not worth talking about.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Ah, he of the 22% shooting percentage. Definitely sustainable. /sarcasm

I am gonna respond to this twice actually. Is it that unreasonable for Debrincat to have a higher than average shooting percentage for his career? He is a legit sniper. His pedigree is untouched in the last 2 decades in junior. So it will regress obviously but maybe not as much as you think.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Are you high? Pasta leads the Bruins in PP time per game
Are you having problems with reading comprehension? Can't you understand an example of spreading talent throughout the line up?

Here, simpler version: team has 4 very talented forwards. Let's call them player A, B, C and D. He can choose to have one line with players A, B & C and one line with player D and two other players which are not that good or have one line with player A & B along with someone a little less talented and then have the next line have player C & D and someone a little less talented = spreading. the. talent. Got it?

Last edited:

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Are you having problems with reading comprehension? Can't you understand an example of spreading talent throughout the line up?

Here, simpler version: teams has 4 very talented forwards. Let's call them player A, B, C and D. He can choose to have one line with players A, B & C and one line with player D and two other players which are not that good or have one line with player A & B along with someone a little less talented and then have the next line have player C & D and someone a little less talented = spreading. the. talent. Got it?

You must have missed the posts.

The guy said that Hischer plays the last 35 seconds of the PP. I was merely pointing out that maybe he doesn't deserve to play the first 1:30 because you would think if he was that valuable and the Devils were in the business of winning, the coach would have him on there for the 1:30

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I am gonna respond to this twice actually. Is it that unreasonable for Debrincat to have a higher than average shooting percentage for his career? He is a legit sniper. His pedigree is untouched in the last 2 decades in junior. So it will regress obviously but maybe not as much as you think.

I am talking about the sustainability of a 22% shooting percentage here. The fact is that last season, only two players who had more than 40 games, had 22% or better. That's out of 574 players.
So, it's possible for your guy to have a season at that sh%. A career? Maybe. But the chance of that happening are probably the same of a spaceship full of aliens landing here because they want to play banjo at a country music festival.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
c'mon man show us some real stats like "wow-plays" for!

Jokes aside, Nico is very impressive. Agree with the OP that he deserves more hype

Why is it wrong to want a wow play or 2
I am talking about the sustainability of a 22% shooting percentage here. The fact is that last season, only two players who had more than 40 games, had 22% or better. That's out of 574 players.
So, it's possible for your guy to have a season at that sh%. A career? Maybe. But the chance of that happening are probably the same of a spaceship full of aliens landing here because they want to play banjo at a country music festival.

I said it would regress obviously but maybe not as much as you think.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You must have missed the posts.

The guy said that Hischer plays the last 35 seconds of the PP. I was merely pointing out that maybe he doesn't deserve to play the first 1:30 because you would think if he was that valuable and the Devils were in the business of winning, the coach would have him on there for the 1:30
I am the guy who talked about the 35 seconds of PP for Hischier. And I explained to you the simple concept of spreading talent. And I even gave you a practical example of spreading talent by mentioning how Pastrnak is shuffled back and forth on our top two lines by our coach. And he asks me if I am drunk. Ffs.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
This is the post I will continually bump for all of Nico's WOW plays.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
I am the guy who talked about the 35 seconds of PP for Hischier. And I explained to you the simple concept of spreading talent. And I even gave you a practical example of spreading talent by mentioning how Pastrnak is shuffled back and forth on our top two lines by our coach. And he asks me if I am drunk. Ffs.

I asked if you were high. Obviously if Hischer is playing the final 35 seconds of the PP and Pasta leads the Bruins in PP time per game. One guy is "shuffling" and one guy isn't.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I asked if you were high. Obviously if Hischer is playing the final 35 seconds of the PP and Pasta leads the Bruins in PP time per game. One guy is "shuffling" and one guy isn't.
Point to me exactly where I said that Pasta being moved between our first and second line is an example of spreading the talent on the POWER PLAY. As in opposed to "spreading the talent" as a general concept: which is what I was trying to convey all along (is it really rocket science for you?).

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Point to me exactly where I said that Pasta being moved between our first and second line is an example of spreading the talent on the POWER PLAY. As in opposed to "spreading the talent" as a general concept.

So having the number 1 pick in the draft play the final 35 seconds of the power play is spreading talent? Interesting. Is the though that Nico is so good that he does the equivalent of the first 1:25 in a 3rd the time?

Reactions: torero

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I have a feeling he/she doesn't have the attention span for a whole 60 minutes of hockey. Just a hunch.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad