Who will be the SJ Sharks Head Coach for 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Head Coach : Dan Bylsma ........................

Here are your 2015-2016 San Jose Sharks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not my first choice but better than anyone else the Sharks have reportedly talked to. Pens fans were being way over dramatic at the end of Disco Dan's time there. You would have though he was the worst coach in the NHL while his team was winning their division.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If it's Carlyle, DeBoer, or Oates I will immediate flip from the "worried about DW's actions" camp to the "fire DW" camp

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If it's Carlyle, DeBoer, or Oates I will immediate flip from the "worried about DW's actions" camp to the "fire DW" camp

Same here. That trio is the holy trinity of suck.

I think Bylsma is a very good coach.

I hope those who were so frantic about firing TMac are happy that the Sharks are looking at like 1 good option out of 6.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
I get that people dislike Oates but I don't get the hate towards Carlyle,DeBoer and Bylsma.
They all have their flaws and I wouldn't exactly be super stoked with the first 2 but each of them have atleast made it to finals. And no , stacked team doesn't guarantee making it to the finals -> See Koala and the Sharks. :)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I hope we get an over-the-top defensive coach who helps us obstruct our way to greatness

**** entertainment, I want Ws

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Bylsma gets a bum rap from Pens fans just like their current coach does. That franchise front office infrastructure is dysfunctional with Mario and Bill Guerin calling shots.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Same here. That trio is the holy trinity of suck.

I think Bylsma is a very good coach.

I like Bylsma too.

I think DeBoer is pretty good when it comes to systems. Granted his systems leans towards low event hockey in NJ but it worked well when he had some talent to work with. I am not at all a fan of how he handles young players & that should be a big red flag for this team. I also really dislike his love of vet and/or grit over younger skill, which many other coaches have as well and is probably going to happen regardless of who takes over.

I'm really hoping that one or two of DW's main targets are still busy, maybe Dineen, Green or (I'm seriously reaching here) Smith.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I get that people dislike Oates but I don't get the hate towards Carlyle,DeBoer and Bylsma.
They all have their flaws and I wouldn't exactly be super stoked with the first 2 but each of them have atleast made it to finals. And no , stacked team doesn't guarantee making it to the finals -> See Koala and the Sharks. :)

If you narrow your list down to 2 or fewer your odds go up that you can start bashing DW early. Otherwise you'd have to wait until we lose our first game. :sarcasm:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
DeBoer: a fan's kind of coach

pervin_medium.gif

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012
Bylsma gets a bum rap from Pens fans just like their current coach does. That franchise front office infrastructure is dysfunctional with Mario and Bill Guerin calling shots.

Sorry to nitpick a bit here, but pens are my second team. Mario and Geurin are absolutely not calling the shots, Ron Burkle is the guy who has made a hash out of things over recent seasons. The hope for many is that when this plan fails that will allow Mario to step back in and lead decisions that impact management.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I am not at all a fan of how he handles young players & that should be a big red flag for this team.

While the Sharks have stated that they want to be young, they are still a fairly old team.

I also really dislike his love of vet and/or grit over younger skill, which many other coaches have as well and is probably going to happen regardless of who takes over.

I wonder why you see this love of vets around the league? Couldn't be that they are actually on to something.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like Bylsma too.

I think DeBoer is pretty good when it comes to systems. Granted his systems leans towards low event hockey in NJ but it worked well when he had some talent to work with. I am not at all a fan of how he handles young players & that should be a big red flag for this team. I also really dislike his love of vet and/or grit over younger skill, which many other coaches have as well and is probably going to happen regardless of who takes over.

I'm really hoping that one or two of DW's main targets are still busy, maybe Dineen, Green or (I'm seriously reaching here) Smith.

I don't think DeBoer is as bad as Carlyle or Oates, but if the Sharks aren't going to be contending I at least want them to be entertaining. DeBoer would kill any shot at that.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Sorry to nitpick a bit here, but pens are my second team. Mario and Geurin are absolutely not calling the shots, Ron Burkle is the guy who has made a hash out of things over recent seasons. The hope for many is that when this plan fails that will allow Mario to step back in and lead decisions that impact management.

I've heard from other Pens fans that Guerin has a bit too much pull and is too close to the vets on the team. Just what I heard. Brother is a Pens fan.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I don't think DeBoer is as bad as Carlyle or Oates, but if the Sharks aren't going to be contending I at least want them to be entertaining. DeBoer would kill any shot at that.

DW said the they expect to be a playoff team next season & DeBoer can probably get them there.

I worry much more about how he'd handle guys like Tierney, Hertl, Dillon, etc. as he doesn't tend to put young players in good situations and seems to put them on a short leash.

Watching the Playoffs, every team minus CHI (who have all been there, done that) are trusting their youth in all situations & in important minutes, that's a trend I'd like to see this org follow.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
Hire Bylsma as HC, hire some quality coach in the juniors as assistant.

That will teach the kids.

Example :

Bylsma : HC

Dave Lowry : Assistant Coach

Travis Green : Assistant Coach

HM goes to Benoit Groulx

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
While the Sharks have stated that they want to be young, they are still a fairly old team.

Sharks players average age is 14th youngest in the league. So I guess one can say they are fairly old team. One could also say they are fairly young team or even more accurately fairly average aged team. :sarcasm:

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
DW said the they expect to be a playoff team next season & DeBoer can probably get them there.

I worry much more about how he'd handle guys like Tierney, Hertl, Dillon, etc. as he doesn't tend to put young players in good situations and seems to put them on a short leash.

Watching the Playoffs, every team minus CHI (who have all been there, done that) are trusting their youth in all situations & in important minutes, that's a trend I'd like to see this org follow.

The only thing good about DeBoer, is his fore-checking system.

(Call me a fool all you want ............ :p:
We all know that no one can win a cup with a roster like that. :help:)

There is no telling if his fore-checking would elevate us, but I am willing to take a gamble.

I think DeBoer still have what it takes to be an assistant coach.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
DeBoer is terrible and was happily ruining Larsson before he got canned. Him and Oates are awful.

Should just go with a fresh coach. Give the job to Lowry.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
I just want a coach who gives the young guys a shot and doesn't play some damn veteran over a young player when the young player is clearly better. Also I'd like to see some wins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DeBoer's system is also prone to multi goal leads. Happened in both Florida and New Jersey.

Trust me, you do not want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad