Who will be the SJ Sharks Head Coach for 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I vote Sheldon Keefe just cuz stalockrox's been talking him up so I looked into him and I likes what I hears.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I vote Sheldon Keefe just cuz stalockrox's been talking him up so I looked into him and I likes what I hears.

I don't see the Sharks org as the type to take a shot at a guy like Keefe as a head coach...not a lot of coaching experience, very young but they might be the type to bring him on as an asst if the head coach wants him. I bet at some point in the future he ends up in some kind of role in TOR with Dubas though.

If McLellan is let go my hope is that the Sharks take a little bit of a risk again and bring in someone outside of the NHL head coach circle, unless it's Hitchcock or Babcock (who this org just won't pay for), like Jeff Blashill or Phil Housley.

Who do I think will be the head coach, if it's not McLellan then probably someone like Stevens or Bylsma (you know, Cup winners).

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Babcock wants more power? Babcock for coach and GM. :sarcasm:

I could see them getting Byslma though. It sounded like he really liked the Sharks during the Winter Classic preview (and loved Pavelski).

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I don't want McLellan to get fired, but if he does I would be on board with none of this options. I'll take an off the board higher.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'll be PISSED if TMac is gone AND DW is still here.

Well, prepare yourself then 'cus it's probably happening.

I didn't think there was much of a chance at all of DW being fired and it sounds like he could possibly even be getting a "promotion"...gonna be an interesting press conference tomorrow.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 2m2 minutes ago

Analysis: McLellan's end with #SJSharks could come by "mutual agreement," not conventional firing. Latest at http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks...-agreement-rather-than-a-conventional-firing/

Yah that article definitely makes it look like TMac is a goner. We will see. I try my best to not make assumptions so will wait and see how it pans out.

At the end of the day though, if TMac is the only change that happens then it is pretty clear that he is being made a scapegoat. If DW is still here and our roster does not look significantly different by the start of the season I am going to be resigned to another boring season of mediocrity.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yah that article definitely makes it look like TMac is a goner. We will see. I try my best to not make assumptions so will wait and see how it pans out.

At the end of the day though, if TMac is the only change that happens then it is pretty clear that he is being made a scapegoat. If DW is still here and our roster does not look significantly different by the start of the season I am going to be re-signed to another boring season of mediocrity.

This

If Doug is still here next year then it will just be a slightly worse version of this year

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I'm not sure about bylsma. He was great in PIT early on, but quickly wore out his welcome with the players, and seemed to continue that trend over to the Olympics.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This

If Doug is still here next year then it will just be a slightly worse version of this year

Well its not just that. I think Doug needs to do one of these two things:

1. Trade vets like Jumbo, Patty. Maybe Pavs and Burns. Start a rebuild. Keep the other players under 30 around to build with.

2. Give Jumbo, Patty and our other vets the support they need to compete. Get us a top-4 D-man and a top-6 F (ideally two of them) to actually compete.

The team as it is right now is built to compete. You cannot have players like Jumbo and Patty around and try to not compete. That is unfair to those two and the fans.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm not sure about bylsma. He seemed great in PIT early on, but seemed to wear out his welcome with the players, and seemed to continue that trend over to the Olympics.

I'm not a fan of Bylsma at all but I kinda wonder how highly the SJ job will be sought considering where this org is right now.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I wasn't for DW or Todd being let go or fired. Keeping DW and a new GM and coach would probably be the best thing that could happen. Todd wants to win and has probably lost the room at least to some extent. He's been here quite a while and we can't chance much of the core roster.

A GM in between DW and the coach is probably a good thing. The room getting a new coach will hopefully be a good thing depending on who it is.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Votes Oates cuz he would be a great mentor for Hertl and Goldobin. :sarcasm:

Doug has literally done nothing I've approved of in the past season, so I half expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad