Who will be the SJ Sharks Head Coach for 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I remember seeing a mention somewhere (may have been a comment on an article) about the coach of the team Joe Thornton played for in Switzerland. From the vague info I recall the guy seemed like an intriguing outsider.

On the other hand, I'm sure DW would have hired Kilrea already if he wasn't 80 or so. :)

EDIT: Here's who I was thinking of, Arno del Curto. Head coach of HC Davos. "The Best coach in Europe". http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/...]=3339&cHash=393d3022e695312c0959c637a98a1b56

It's probably a pretty fluffy piece, but, man, he sounds amazing.

Can we all pitch in and fly him over?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If that's true Doug needs to be fired like months ago

Deboer is ass, especially for a 'youth movement'

Next season will be more akin to a bowel movement

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA

noooooo.jpg

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Definitely not happy about this! How can a team in the middle of a youth movement hire a coach who has a reputation for short fuses with young players?

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
A notification from Bleacher Report just poped up.

DeBoer is coming..................... :facepalm:

Someone tell me this isn't real. :cry: :cry:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
People complained about Tmac benching Mueller too much. DeBoer is going to banish him from even looking at ice. lol

In this very specific case I'd be Ok with this since I think Mueller could benefit quite a bit from a year in the AHL.

I'm way more worried about how he'll handle Hertl, Nieto & Dillon.

Maybe he's learned from his mistakes in Florida and NJ and he'll do a better job of putting young players into good situations and letting them work through their mistakes rather than benching them.

I have to wonder how much influence Robinson had on this decision and please god don't let Oates follow him here!!!!

Also, maybe it won't be so bad if DW can refrain from signing a couple of crap vet forwards and a crap vet D.

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
In this very specific case I'd be Ok with this since I think Mueller could benefit quite a bit from a year in the AHL.

I'm way more worried about how he'll handle Hertl, Nieto & Dillon.

Maybe he's learned from his mistakes in Florida and NJ and he'll do a better job of putting young players into good situations and letting them work through their mistakes rather than benching them.

I have to wonder how much influence Robinson had on this decision and please god don't let Oates follow him here!!!!

Also, maybe it won't be so bad if DW can refrain from signing a couple of crap vet forwards and a crap vet D.

Adam Larsson was really good when Robinson was there, **** when he left, and really good again when DeBoer left. There's your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad