Which team will be swept?

Which team will suffer a sweep in the 1st Round

• Total voters

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Gotta be honest, as a neutral in these playoffs it's a bit baffling how many have chosen Toronto to get swept. Maybe it's my limited viewings of their games, but I actually see them beating the Bruins in the first round and/or taking Tampa to 7 if they meet.

You are seeing a reality they will forever be blind to. Being a Toronto fan is much like being a mailman. It's not the big dogs that bother you, it's the little yappy ones.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Although I hope TB sweeps Toronto, I don't think that is likely due to Toronto having a depth of scoring forwards (any of which could step up) and decent goaltending.

More likely answer is what has already been mentioned in this thread: Colorado getting swept, especially without Varlamov.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
You are seeing a reality they will forever be blind to. Being a Toronto fan is much like being a mailman. It's not the big dogs that bother you, it's the little yappy ones.
Hmmmm....yeah, no matter what you deliver, you know that you're going to be receiving junk.

Reactions: weinsink

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Philly has got to be the clear favorite here. Blown out vs Pitt in 3 of 4 games. Blew a big lead in the only non blowout this year. They looked outclassed in every game this year outside of the first line and Sullivan abused Hakstol with match ups even when the flyers were the home team. This screams quick series.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Matchups and all of the playoffs teams aren't set yet but we are seeing a good indication of what could be.

Generally speaking I don't see Columbus doing too well in the 1st round even though I wish they'd get their stuff together. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Vegas for as inexplicably good they have been, might also completely falter.

IF Florida makes it I don't think they could compete against Tampa or any other playoff team for that matter.

Anyhow, happy Playoffs everyone!

edit: completely forgot about Colorado, apologies to the Avs fans, there was no ill will behind it.

I know Florida didn't make it, by way do you think we can't compete against Tampa? It's not like they sweep the regular season series or anything. I think Florida can complete against everyone. Maybe not winning the series but not getting embarrassed either.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I know Florida didn't make it, by way do you think we can't compete against Tampa? It's not like they sweep the regular season series or anything. I think Florida can complete against everyone. Maybe not winning the series but not getting embarrassed either.

Well, now they won't compete with anyone.
I'm not saying Florida is a bad team, there is no rhyme or reason behind my predictions, when I bet on games I usually go with my gut feeling and it might appear irrational to some, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Although I hope TB sweeps Toronto, I don't think that is likely due to Toronto having a depth of scoring forwards (any of which could step up) and decent goaltending.

More likely answer is what has already been mentioned in this thread: Colorado getting swept, especially without Varlamov.

I don't think it's likely because Toronto is playing Boston.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Devils.

No depth at forward or D. Average goaltending. Whole team is mediocre.

Every opponents game plan “shut down Taylor Hall, ez win”
I am assuming post is sarcastic, but in case its not:
Dude that's the one thing this team has is depth! Hall is on fire I will agree with you. Patrick friggin Maroon has 6 pts in 3 games, with 2 new linemates! A college FA D man had 44 pts. Miles Wood double production from last year. Our 19 yr old 1 OA had 52 pts and was the only guy to play the entire season. A career AHLer in Gibbons at 30 y.o. put up 26 pts (3 shortys). We led the league in shorties with 12. We may get swept but not for the reason you stated!

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I wanted to put a reverse-jinx vote on the Jets, but I've decided not to let my baggage skew your poll.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sadly, I think it's the Avs; they really struggled against the Preds this year, losing all 4 matchups.

Ehhhh, that doesn't really paint the full picture.

Yes we lost all 4 games. But were the Preds the better team in those 4 games? No, Avs were pretty easily the better team in 3/4 of those games, but in the first one of the season it was during a stretch where the Avs weren't firing well offensively and couldn't score.

The 2nd pair of games in Denver down the stretch were actually really good games. Avs carried the play for the most part in both games but had a last minute goal + really soft OT goal cost them the first one, and ran into a really hot goalie again on the 2nd one.

Now, do I expect the Avs to actually win this series? :laugh: no, not by a long shot. And I think it is fair to say its a possibility they get swept especially without EJ and Varlamov. But based on the season series, even though the Preds won all 4 games, it was a lot of close matchups and the Avs did quite well in terms of possession against the Preds.

I expect the series to go 5 or 7 games(And most likely 5), but every game should be a close and tense battle.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It wasn’t a shot at anyone, I just think Boston is going to sweep Toronto lol. You took that way too personal. Yikes
Not sure what makes disputing something that is highly statistically unlikely "taking it personal". I'd say the same thing if you said it about any top 8 team being swept. Especially if they had a winning record against that opponent over the regular season.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Not sure what makes disputing something that is highly statistically unlikely "taking it personal". I'd say the same thing if you said it about any top 8 team being swept. Especially if they had a winning record against that opponent over the regular season.

Playoffs are a different animal, Bruins are battle tested and the Leafs are young, there’s a decent possibility that’s all I’m saying. Anyways it’s my choice for the first round sweep !

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Playoffs are a different animal, Bruins are battle tested and the Leafs are young, there’s a decent possibility that’s all I’m saying. Anyways it’s my choice for the first round sweep !
You mean the 4 guys on the Bruins with playoff experience from their old cup run vs our 2 guys with no playoff experience?

I respect your flimsy choice, my bet is still on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad