Which team will be swept?

Which team will suffer a sweep in the 1st Round

• Total voters

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Vegas doesn't have a 1C, 1D and playoff G. So they'll get lots of votes.

But Vegas runs four lines and has three good pairings. They will be annoying to play and difficult to dominate, which is what a sweep is.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
While I don't think they will sweep/ get swept... am I the only one that can see Vegas being anywhere from a 5 game loser to a 5 game first round win against any of the California teams? They are the biggest unknown of any team. No skater has experience being one of the main guys on a good playoff team, and who knows what Fleury we will get. I'm not going to really be surprised by anything they do now

Yup Vegas could sweep or be swept, I wouldn't be surprised by either. Of course if they go far I'd be still somewhat surprised becausee of obvious reasons like eeveryone else.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yup Vegas could sweep or be swept, I wouldn't be surprised by either. Of course if they go far I'd be still somewhat surprised becausee of obvious reasons like eeveryone else.

I think they'll win game 1 in Vegas and have a let down in game 2 or 3 which is why I said 5 games, but yeah... sweeping/swept wouldn't surprise me. The 4 Pacific teams, anything can happen... I wouldn't be overly surprised if any (including Vegas) made it to the conference finals. But anything further (from any of the teams) would surprise me

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
The last time they used 3 goalies in a playoff series they won the series (2011 against Buffalo) :laugh:

Yea we had that series in our hands overtime in game 6 at home just one goal would of went on and damn vile Leino burned us. So what do we do we sign him to something like three years 15 m and he does absolutely nothing for us and that’s the last time we were in the playoffs .

Ugh.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yea we had that series in our hands overtime in game 6 at home just one goal would of went on and damn vile Leino burned us. So what do we do we sign him to something like three years 15 m and he does absolutely nothing for us and that’s the last time we were in the playoffs .

Ugh.

The Curse of Ville Leino. I'll never understand what happened to his game. He was really good for the Flyers in 2010 and much of 2011.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Haha, why did I think no one was. This is weird was it the year before then? Or was it that there were no Game 7's i the first round. I can't remember I thought there was something like that. Maybe in 2016 then. Thanks for correction.

How is it hilarious? Strange things happen man.

In 2003 the defending Red Wings got swept by a team that wasn't that good in the 8th seeded team, The Mighty Ducks who were lead by a hot goalie in Giguere.

That was against the defending cup champs! Winnipeg hasn;'t won a single playoff game. Dubynk can get hot so if that happens who knows?

Also if you haven't noticed, almost everybody voted for the Jets to streamroll the Wild in the poll.

My advice is when you become successful like the Jets have you need to stop being so sensitive to the fact that even ONE person said they could get swept.

when Buffalo won the Presidents trophy in 07 and played the Isles in Round 1 who sneaked in and signed Rysn Smyth (sneaked in with a shootout win with Wade Dubbylweitz (SP?)

Quite a few predicted Islanders to upset Buffalo.

I didn't get angry, as you should not now....take it as a compliment, or jealousy! When your good people are going to be haters. It comes with the territory, just don't be sensitive to it man you got a GREAT TEAM And everyone knows it.
I appreciate the kind words bro but I'm not even a Jets fan lol.

I just don't see it. Minnesota never does anything in the playoffs. They fold in the 1st or 2nd round every year. And they lost Suter.

The Jets are VERY deep. They're not getting swept.

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
I voted for Philly, and not because I"m a Pens fan. I just think their goalie situation isn't a good recipe for success in the playoffs. Honestly though, this team could get swept or be in the conference finals, neither would shock me.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
I haven't been terribly impressed by Washington in the last games, even though they have won most of them. And it seems Ovechkin might be out with injury?

Kinda same with Columbus.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Kind of doubt anyone gets swept.
I don't see any super powerhouse team or extremely weak link.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Voted none.

I think many are underestimating how good the Wild are. If the Jets beat them it will not be easy even with their injuries.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Why isn't there a ''no one'' option? If anything, the first round is where the least amount of sweeps happen. I love the first round because it usually has a lot of games 7.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I voted none, but I’m surprised 5 people voted Winnipeg... I have a feeling a certain fan base who recently lost to Winnipeg voted all 5... Hint* They have a Blue and White uniform...

You know you can click on the number of votes and it will show you all the names of who voted for that choice?

I voted none. Seems silly to think any team will get swept even though it happens. Doesn't seem predictable to me this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad