Which team will be swept?

Which team will suffer a sweep in the 1st Round

• Total voters

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't like the chances of either Philadelphia or Florida against the Atlantic winner. (I'd have a different opinion if the Flyers pass the Devils and end up facing Washington; then I see us taking a game.)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Interesting fact for the people saying Minny will get swept.. They have not lost 3 in a row since Nov 8th

Could lose against the Sharks in the last game of the regular season and that would be 3 in a row but my point is, they have this built-in mindset that losing 2 in a row brings out their best game. Sweeping them will not be easy.

And from a betting standpoint it's been automatic to bet on them after losing 2.. Think i've won like 6-7 straight bets.

I doubt they don't win 1 game.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
lol at the votes for Vegas

"Muh expansion team"

If theyre playing the Kings in the first round I wouldn't be surprised. The Wild are most likely for sure tho. Also I would like to challenge you to stop starting posts with "muh" if Vegas gets swept.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I voted the wild only because the Jets will be hungry, dont have home ice and are missing Suter. thats alot of obstacles to overcome

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I voted none, but I’m surprised 5 people voted Winnipeg... I have a feeling a certain fan base who recently lost to Winnipeg voted all 5... Hint* They have a Blue and White uniform...

You do realize there's a way to see who voted?

I picked Philly mostly because of goaltending

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
You do realize there's a way to see who voted?

I picked Philly mostly because of goaltending

I realized that after I posted lol... but I’m too lazy to dig that deep, not like it really matters anyways. Just didn’t understand the logic of choosing the Jets to be swept, but anything is possible.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I realized that after I posted lol... but I’m too lazy to dig that deep, not like it really matters anyways. Just didn’t understand the logic of choosing the Jets to be swept, but anything is possible.

Ya it's a pretty silly choice, these threads are 90% salty haters.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's hilarious that even a single person thinks the Jets will get swept. Minnesota really isn't very good... but ok.

The Blues or Avs will get destroyed by Nashville.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Fun Fact:

Comng into this poll only one team had no votes to be swept, and surprisingly that team was San Jose. I voted for them before I saw the results. I have a feeling in my gut that the ROAD DUCKS or KINGS take out the Sharks in 4 and Kane has 1 point after a strong finish to the regular season for them. The SHarks have done amazing under the radar but I believe that Kane gets caught up in the playoff grit, takes penalties because of the emotion and inexperience. and then the KIngs or Ducks (Doughty, Kiopitar, Carter) or Getzlaf-Perry-Rakell feast on Sharks and upset them by playing a hard road game.

San Jose didn't get the respect they deserve this year so I'm not discounting there reg season success, I just see the opposition being more talented in this case when it comes to playoff hockey. I know the Sharks went far 2 years ago, this is just my gut feeling here.

This is a FAR OUT THERE Prediction but if I'm right I'd be the only one so far out of everyone. This would make me the coolest guy ever obviously...! Anyway, I am shocked they are the only team without a vote here until me, ..but heyy, if I;m wrong I'll be the first one to admit it.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Fun Facts:

1) No team was swept last year.

2) COming into this poll only one team has no voted to be swept, and surprsingly that pick was San Jose. I voted for them before I saw the results. I have a feeling in my gut that the ROAD DUCKS or KINGS take out the Sharks in 4 and Kane has 1 point after a strong finish to the regular season for them.

This is a FAR OUT THERE Prediction but if I'm right I'd be the only one so far out of everyone. This would make me the coolest guy right! Anyway, I am shocked they are the only team without a vote here but gey, if I;m wrong I'll be the first one to admit it.

Chicago was.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Chicago was.

Haha, why did I think no one was. This is weird was it the year before then? Or was it that there were no Game 7's i the first round. I can't remember I thought there was something like that. Maybe in 2016 then. Thanks for correction.

It's hilarious that even a single person thinks the Jets will get swept. Minnesota really isn't very good... but ok.

The Blues or Avs will get destroyed by Nashville.

How is it hilarious? Strange things happen man.

In 2003 the defending Red Wings got swept by a team that wasn't that good in the 8th seeded team, The Mighty Ducks who were lead by a hot goalie in Giguere.

That was against the defending cup champs! Winnipeg hasn;'t won a single playoff game. Dubynk can get hot so if that happens who knows?

Also if you haven't noticed, almost everybody voted for the Jets to streamroll the Wild in the poll.

My advice is when you become successful like the Jets have you need to stop being so sensitive to the fact that even ONE person said they could get swept.

when Buffalo won the Presidents trophy in 07 and played the Isles in Round 1 who sneaked in and signed Rysn Smyth (sneaked in with a shootout win with Wade Dubbylweitz (SP?)

Quite a few predicted Islanders to upset Buffalo.

I didn't get angry, as you should not now....take it as a compliment, or jealousy! When your good people are going to be haters. It comes with the territory, just don't be sensitive to it man you got a GREAT TEAM And everyone knows it.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
While I don't think they will sweep/ get swept... am I the only one that can see Vegas being anywhere from a 5 game loser to a 5 game first round win against any of the California teams? They are the biggest unknown of any team. No skater has experience being one of the main guys on a good playoff team, and who knows what Fleury we will get. I'm not going to really be surprised by anything they do now

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Flyers. Wouldn't shock me if they get swept or make the cup final this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad