Which team will be swept?

Which team will suffer a sweep in the 1st Round

• Total voters

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Obvious vote Colorado. Without Varlamov they have an ever so slim chance against Nasville.

Tampa is in total disarray for weeks. Would not surprise me.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Devils.

No depth at forward or D. Average goaltending. Whole team is mediocre.

Every opponents game plan “shut down Taylor Hall, ez win”

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I look at all the teams and its tough to say any team will be swept. I feel the compete level among all teams this playoffs is as good as Ive seen it in a long time. Maybe Min could with their top D out. If Suter was playing no way, that team is really good too.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Matchups and all of the playoffs teams aren't set yet but we are seeing a good indication of what could be.

Generally speaking I don't see Columbus doing too well in the 1st round even though I wish they'd get their stuff together. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Vegas for as inexplicably good they have been, might also completely falter.

IF Florida makes it I don't think they could compete against Tampa or any other playoff team for that matter.

Anyhow, happy Playoffs everyone!

edit: completely forgot about Colorado, apologies to the Avs fans, there was no ill will behind it.

I'm not going to argue that the Jackets will succeed in the playoffs or won't get swept, but get their stuff together? They're 7-1-2 in their last 10. This isn't last year when the Jackets limped in to the playoffs. Just because they're the Penguins bitch doesn't mean their stuff isn't together. If they get swept or don't win, it won't be because their stuff isn't together.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Only team I could see getting swept is Colorado if they make it. Losing Varlamov will hurt and they're already a fairly thin team as it is. If MacKinnon can't pull it together again, it'll be a short series.

I don't really see anyone else. Maybe NJ/Philly/CBJ if Tampa goes on a tear.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Gotta be honest, as a neutral in these playoffs it's a bit baffling how many have chosen Toronto to get swept. Maybe it's my limited viewings of their games, but I actually see them beating the Bruins in the first round and/or taking Tampa to 7 if they meet.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I'm not going to argue that the Jackets will succeed in the playoffs or won't get swept, but get their stuff together? They're 7-1-2 in their last 10. This isn't last year when the Jackets limped in to the playoffs. Just because they're the Penguins ***** doesn't mean their stuff isn't together. If they get swept or don't win, it won't be because their stuff isn't together.

Sure, they aren't limping into the playoffs, but by "getting their stuff together" I mean they need to find a way to beat the Penguins i.e. put up a fight against them.

Since 2016 the Penguins records against the Blue Jackets is 11-3, the overall record is even worse (31-15 in favor of the Penguins). The Jackets have lost roughly 2/3 of their games against the Penguins and have only been good against the Pens for a brief period of time between late 2014 and late 2015. Outside of that it's a dumpster fire, i.e. historically bad record.

I haven't done much research into the Jackets record against other teams, maybe there are teams they do worse again but having watched a few Columbus vs. Penguins games this year and in the past I'm not too optimistic.

Don't get me wrong here, I am rooting for the Jackets all the way, but I'm not very optimistic. I hope they prove me wrong.

edit: Keep in mind I posted this before the seedings were settled. Don't think the Caps are likely to sweep them.

Last edited:

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Gotta be honest, as a neutral in these playoffs it's a bit baffling how many have chosen Toronto to get swept. Maybe it's my limited viewings of their games, but I actually see them beating the Bruins in the first round and/or taking Tampa to 7 if they meet.
Think that is more of a reflection of people hating on Toronto and their fans, more than the Leafs team specifically.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Hopefully, Vegas. This is a franchise that was giftwrapped ' a team' by the NHL. No expansion team should be so fortunate to be given a 'top team' without "building it." Not to mention, it's in a totally 'non-hockey place.'

Hopefully, the Kings put them out.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Think that is more of a reflection of people hating on Toronto and their fans, more than the Leafs team specifically.
The Leafs have had a pretty bad defence for a number of years and not much has changed. They relied on their goalie all season and arguably, have overworked Andersen. The Bruins are solid and even though Tampa has slumped recently, they were still one of the top teams all season and have too much talent to let Toronto do much to them in a playoff series. It would be more surprising for the Leafs to threaten either team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad