GDT: Which cheap rental is going to anger us in 23-24? roster building

Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
It would have to be one hell of a sweetener that’s for sure.
Thing is klingberg isn’t even offering any offence either. At times toronto has taken him off the top power play. Not to mention hes apparently hurt too so don’t see it happening

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If the Oilers get desperate and have a 1st rounder available what is the most you would give up for that potential lottery pick?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
The Sens have been really bad. I'm wondering aloud if one of their old men shake loose since they're not contending. Giroux or Tank.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The Sens have been really bad. I'm wondering aloud if one of their old men shake loose since they're not contending. Giroux or Tank.
I doubt Giroux goes anywhere but Tank seems likely.

I think they will come back around once they fire smith and put in a system that is atleast decently competent defensively

Reactions: DaveG

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Their record isn't awful, it's just mediocre. The smart money seems they'd shake up the team by replacing a coach rather than make a trade at a loss. They have decent cap space next year to add one big piece or some medium pieces, depending on what happens with Shane Pinto.

Organizationally, they locked all their big pieces down for a long time, so there's a good core in place. It's waaaaay less proven than, say, Tampa, but it also has a lot more flexibility cap-wise than Tampa.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If the Oilers get desperate and have a 1st rounder available what is the most you would give up for that potential lottery pick?
Trade Pesce today for that pick. They think he'll save their season, but he probably won't actually (risk I'd be willing to take), we get lottery pick, sign Pesce back as UFA after winning the cup without him anyways, laugh at them then we sign McDavid as UFA for 7 years at $10M cap hit to create the next dynasty while the player we draft with their lottery pick is on the receiving end of like 50 McDavid assists per year. People compare McDavid to Kevin Durant and his legacy is forever in question but he gets like 5 rings so he doesn't care.

I think Tank definitely gets traded at the deadline. Not sure we revisit him but I could see it, and would be behind it depending on what other options are. I don't think he'd cost much as a rental

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
What does everyone think it would cost us to get someone like John Gibson? Always thought he would be a perfect fit in Carolina.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I wonder if Nashville would be interested in a Lankinen at 50% and Novak trade.

Philly’s 2nd, Drury, and an older prospect (honka, gunler, rees, suzuki)

Call up Pono until Novak is healthy

Make the 4th line more scoring capable. Get another goalie. We would still have the space later to add another if lankinen tanks too.

Reactions: Unsustainable

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Lanky Kong is one of the best nicknames going today… but I had no idea he was on the preds now. I know he had a solid run in Chicago has his play dropped off?

Reactions: Stickpucker

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Lanky Kong is one of the best nicknames going today… but I had no idea he was on the preds now. I know he had a solid run in Chicago has his play dropped off?
he has his issues. He is a little like Mrazek in that he tries to anticipate too much on some plays and gets burnt. He has bouts of overall solid play though. I would take just him for a couple of older prospects or something just to plug the wound until we know what is going on with Andersen.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
he has his issues. He is a little like Mrazek in that he tries to anticipate too much on some plays and gets burnt. He has bouts of overall solid play though. I would take just him for a couple of older prospects or something just to plug the wound until we know what is going on with Andersen.
If he’s available it couldn’t hurt to inquire. I do think they have to consider Andersen gone- if he is able to come back, gravy, but they can’t be counting on it. He may never play again, and I don’t want to be a doomer about it it would just be very unwise to expect him to come back and be ready to ply at a high level this year

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
If he’s available it couldn’t hurt to inquire. I do think they have to consider Andersen gone- if he is able to come back, gravy, but they can’t be counting on it. He may never play again, and I don’t want to be a doomer about it it would just be very unwise to expect him to come back and be ready to ply at a high level this year
They know a lot more than we do about the medical situation and potential timetables. Unlike us, they aren't just totally guessing on this stuff. They may be considering him gone, they may know internally that he'll probably be back in January.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Gibson is +3 in goals saved above expected this year. Before this season he had only one season of better than -10 goals saves over expected, -7, since the start of the 19-20 season.

it isnt just Anaheim's defense that has plagued Gibson's numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad