GDT: Which cheap rental is going to anger us in 23-24? roster building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don’t know if we should ever take someone who’s had a solid run in Chicago…..
tumblr_inline_ohogmjEvqs1uatqnc_250.gifv

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
If TDA has any trade value, then Eathan Bear is available and his cost wouldn't be that much, IMO, meaning we wouldn't need a Dman back for any trade TDA was included in.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Tyson Barrie seems to be available in trade. I wonder if he would be a upgrade over TDA?
I'd keep TDA. Burns has rebounded over the last few games but you just never know when guys like him finally crater. TDA's too good of an insurance policy to not keep this season, especially because they have no cap issues whatsoever. My views would be different if they were against the cap, but they're not.

Reactions: CanesUltimate11

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

To clarify on this, as it doesn’t make much sense at this time, Friedman prefaced his comment by saying “last year.”

~20:36

Ferraro makes a great deal of sense next year once Skjei (likely) gets a huge UFA blockbuster from some team. If Chatfield moves up the lineup next year, Ferraro would act like another "premium bottom-pair" addition.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Agreed. I think it's most likely we keep two of Pesce/Skjei/DeAngelo/Chatfield this offseason. We may end up with something like:

Slavin / Burns
Orlov / Pesce
Chatfield / ???

Where the ??? is offered to Morrow as an incentive to sign him. Mario Ferraro probably isn't worth the asset cost to acquire, especially right now but also in the offseason.

Speaking of Chat, it really is one of the more remarkable bits of pro scouting the Borg did to bring him into the fold. Nothing about his stats, juniors through AHL career, scream NHL material. Clearly someone saw him and said "damn that guy can skate, let's see how he does in our system."

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Would a trade of TDA (replace Dougie) plus, plus to the Devils for Tyler Toffoli be something that either team would consider? The plus’s being draft picks or personnel

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
That seems like a lot for a rental and another winger that really isn’t a need
His PP numbers and playoff numbers are pretty good. We may be able to get by with TDA Plus a draft pick or a minor . If it would take someone else off our current roster Lemieux would be the only one I’d consider. He could be cheaper now than he or a similar rental player would cost at the deadline.

Reactions: Stickpucker

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I wonder how actually close we were to signing Tarasenko this offseason. Seems like we were ultra close. He’s having a really solid season so far on a not so great Sens team.

Wonder if we’ll have strong interest in him at the trade deadline.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Bumping this thread to see what everyone is thinking recently. What do you hope the Canes do before trade deadline.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Bumping this thread to see what everyone is thinking recently. What do you hope the Canes do before trade deadline.
Yeah, until we know if this team gets back on track all the way (which I think they will, but you never know) I think it's hard to say. If they are in it, they probably look for defensive depth (because they always do), a goalie (at least depth even if the current guys play well, more than that if they don't), and some kind of forward (I'm sure they'd be in on big names, but we know depth there is more likely too).

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad