GDT: Which cheap rental is going to anger us in 23-24? roster building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Not looking promising at the moment. Vancouver’s start takes Pettersson off the table; he was the hope for meaningful change.

Winnipeg made a commitment to try to win with that group and is also off to a hot start. No Connor or Ehlers.

Philadelphia is playing well enough for management to at least punt on a Konecny trade. St. Louis (Buchnevich) is meh, which gives the Blues the justification not to sell anything beyond rentals.

Would they make an exception philosophically for Lindholm? Idk if he’s a difference maker for this group overall.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We still need a 2C that can drive some offense.

We need goalie depth.

Centers and goalies are likely to be very contested.

Im not expecting much. The goalie market is going to suck again until the offseason of 2025.

Ullmark will likely be the best goalie available in the offseason. I doubt Boston trades him to an East team. They will likely move him and keep swayman long term.

Last edited:

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
We still need a 2C that can drive some offense.

We need goalie depth.

Centers and goalies are likely to be very contested.

Im not expecting much. The goalie market is going to suck again until the offseason of 2025.

Ullmark will likely be the best goalie available in the offseason. I doubt Boston trades him to an East team. They will likely move him and keep swayman long term.
Henrique and Gibson. Just kidding. Kind of…..

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Is there somewhere to easily see the number of in and out of season trades happening each year?

I feel like back in the day there would be a couple desperation trades or teams on the rise trading by now but we have a lot of nothing. I'm wondering if the numbers back it up. Everyone seems much more patient these days.

I do realize the salary cap makes things harder.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Is there somewhere to easily see the number of in and out of season trades happening each year?

I feel like back in the day there would be a couple desperation trades or teams on the rise trading by now but we have a lot of nothing. I'm wondering if the numbers back it up. Everyone seems much more patient these days.

I do realize the salary cap makes things harder.

Reactions: Stickpucker

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If Freddie ends up not being able to complete his comeback I guess I'd look at Allen. I don't love the extra year, but again, if Freddie ends up done it might be okay.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

I'd hate it, because I feel Necas would thrive in their system, but there are a lot of interesting pieces from Philly that we could try and nab.

I enjoyed reading the comments beneath the post. It's nice to consider a fresh perspective. Even their analysis of what type of player the Canes might like in return was respectful. He's been on Philly and the Penguin fans' wish lists for a while now.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
KK really needs to get his head out of his you know what. He looks brutal out there lately. Think he needs to play with Noesen and Jarvis to get him going.
He, like others, has to be a walking wounded. It’s hard not watch him and see he is different than last season when he wasn’t scoring. It’s not just streakiness

Last edited:

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Wonder if we would claim Hutchison if Raanta has another stinker tonight. He can’t be any worse at this point

Random trade thoughts:

Brett Pesce for Adam Henrique

Both UFAs this summer. Make roughly same salary. Have always thought Henrique would be perfect 2C for us.
Makes no sense for ducks they are loaded with defensive prospects and aren’t gonna pay Pesce what he will want

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Wonder if we would claim Hutchison if Raanta has another stinker tonight. He can’t be any worse at this point

Makes no sense for ducks they are loaded with defensive prospects and aren’t gonna pay Pesce what he will want
I’d claim hutchinson even if Raanta looks good

Reactions: User13452

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The Canes FO is acting as if Andersen will be back at any moment now. That's tough to bet on, but honestly, he's good when healthy. Canes never give up unnecessary draft capital even if it's the popular thing to do. If they need a goalie by the deadline, they'll get someone like Mrazek for a relatively cheap price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille