Speculation: Where does JVR end up next season?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Still think that both Marner and Nylander get at least $6.5 million per and Matthews will get between $11-$12 million per. Can't see Lamoriello giving JVR 6 x 6 unless he uses either Marner or Nylander as a trade chip for a top 4 LHD/RHD.

The thing is, that's his price, and if Toronto can't pay for him, it's best to acquire multiple assets in exchange for his rights.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The thing is, that's his price, and if Toronto can't pay for him, it's best to acquire multiple assets in exchange for his rights.
Totally agree with with you, Pretty much what i'm eluding to here. Really can't see the Leafs affording JVR with his asking price on top of the other signings as well. Not really all that convinced that the cap will increase all that much.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think the Avs will be in the market for a guy like him.

Sakic said at the deadline he was looking for a Top 9 Winger and didn't get one. We have over 30M in cap space next year and going forward with only Rantanen right expecting a significant payjump in the next few years right now.

Could definitely see us being in on JVR. I just hope if we do go after him we dont go beyond 5-6 years and not more then 6-6.5M.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Tj oshie is the most recent comparable to sign, he took 8x 5.75. Earlier in the year BobbyMac suggested JVR would be amenable to a “hometown discount” to get to stay in TO. If others seem to think that 6x6 or so is the rate then something like 8 years and around 39m works. Structure the deal as first five years at 6m a 2m bonus July 1 year 6, then 1m salary that season and 3m the last two seasons (6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3 (2+1), 3, 3) this way JVR gets most of that 6x6 and the Leafs can send him on his way after 5 years when Rielly and Kadri will need new deals.
For now there is 0 cap issues. The leafs can afford to give the big three chiarelli like overpays and still sign either JT or JVR and a D man.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Like many have said before I feel like New Jersey and the Ducks would make the most sense. I think the Leafs may attempt to sign him but it's hard to see how they would make it work with the big contracts coming their way in the near future. I love having JVR in TO. He's a fantastic complementary piece. His defensive zone isn't great, but I've been impressed with his hustle and effort this year. Looks like he worked hard on his skating in the off-season. I feel like a perfect fit for him would be in St.Louis as a second line winger there. Just don't know what their cap situation is like.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Detroit can sell easy - plus all about money and they will pay

Great hockey city some real good young forwards

Legit top 6

I like this landing spot
I think they’d probably need to beat the next offer by 1-2M.

I don’t see any UFAs flocking to go there right now.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Got to look to whomever has capspace to pay 6..25-6.5 x 7 to 8 years. JVR is a very good producer with unique skills. I can only think of what he could do with a McDavid or Barzal feeding him passes for a season. This guy is a very underrated player. Maybe he ends up back with Burke who really made a sharp deal to get him. Possibilities are endless. JVR will be a wanted man. His choice where he lands this summer.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
My guess is an american team in the east.
I'll miss his play within 10 feet of the net, not so much the rest of his game though.
As long as the team that signs him is content with a one-way game they won't regret it.

Reactions: Devonator

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think they’d probably need to beat the next offer by 1-2M.

I don’t see any UFAs flocking to go there right now.
You might be right- I see him cashing in pretty big somewhere maybe Philadelphia or Islanders if they lose Taveras

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Got to look to whomever has capspace to pay 6..25-6.5 x 7 to 8 years. JVR is a very good producer with unique skills. I can only think of what he could do with a McDavid or Barzal feeding him passes for a season. This guy is a very underrated player. Maybe he ends up back with Burke who really made a sharp deal to get him. Possibilities are endless. JVR will be a wanted man. His choice where he lands this summer.

JVR isn't this type of player. 5vs5 he isn't involved in the play until he's at the side of the net for a tap in/tip. I don't think it matters who his center is, he'll get his 30 goals the way he has always done it. Within 5 feet of the net.

I actually think he would be a waste on the wing with a player like McDavid. JVR wouldn't be able to keep up with him, plus he's terrible in the corners so no good for puck retrieval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad