OT: What's your job?

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Just graduated with my BBA from WLU with a finance concentration. Worked as a private Forex Trader and as an analyst for a couple of firms. Planning to write my CFA level 1 come december (have yet to start studying fml lol)

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
McDonalds kitchen. I'm in charge of the burgers. In 3 months, I'm going to get promoted to junior manager.

HeresJOHNNY

Jul 5, 2010
I moved out to Calgary from Windsor Ontario two months ago to find work in the HR field. Literally moving from one end of the spectrum to the other. Calgary has nothing but jobs it's such a refreshing change. Currently I'm bartending at an Asian Restaurant and make some pretty decent tips. Have had a couple of interviews for HR positions but no bites yet. Going to have to get used to watching Leafs games at 5pm though lol.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Escalation Manager at a very large software company. I like to describe this job to be the software equivalent of "The Wolf" from Pulp Fiction. :)

PhilTheThrill812

Jan 11, 2013
Currently employed at McDonald's for 12 more days. Won employee of the year there, so pretty solid.

Starting first year at Laurier for their BBA program and plan to become a CA

PhilTheThrill812

Jan 11, 2013
Just graduated with my BBA from WLU with a finance concentration. Worked as a private Forex Trader and as an analyst for a couple of firms. Planning to write my CFA level 1 come december (have yet to start studying fml lol)

Sounds cool man. I've heard great things about their BBA program.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
how is that? I've got canfit certification but i've heard brutal things about working in gyms.

Also, is it worth it to do any extra certifications beyond canfit?

I'm also Canfit certified but don't work much in the industry. I'm an engineer full time and just picked up the cert. to make some extra $$ on the side.

I personally could never work in a gym. As someone who has spent many years going to the gym day after day, I can tell you that I don't have much respect for "trainers" I see at places like GoodLife (thankfully not going to a chain gym anymore).

-Eat 6 times a day
-Drink chocolate milk post-workout
-TRX
:facepalm:

PhilTheThrill812

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the information, appreciate the effort since this is your first post. :) Btw, i'm going to grade 12 next year and thought about taking Bcom program in UTM. Whats your opinion on that?

I've heard avoid University of Toronto for undergrad.

McLovin*

I'm a guy, going to start my Nursing undergrad program at Western in September.

Don't care about the gender stereotypes, the pay is good and the job's very flexible

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Sophomore student at the University of Missouri- Columbia studying Finance and Banking and working at Faber and Brand Law Firm. Pays for the gas and commute to play pick up shinny 40 miles away three times a week.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
im in the BBA program... well starting in 2 weeks

See ya there then

tumblr_mkr1l06Lbs1s6k0r8o1_500.gif

patrick19631

Aug 17, 2013
I'm a transportation engineer . re: truck driver ! I have my stationary engineer ticket since 1983. My dad was a truck driver so I guess it's in my blood ! There is a major demand for GOOD truck drivers now and will only get better in the future. I am 50 yrs old and recommend to anyone who has a passion to drive to consider this as a career. Most of my co-workers are 50 yrs or more there is already a shortage of good drivers. So if you have a passion for driving , consider an a-z license. FYI last yr working in Sudbury as a local driver 11hrs /day = 75k

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Pharmacy School but every-time I read about the pessimism related to the job market, I cry inside. So if anyone is knowledgeable in this respect, please enlighten me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad