Value of: What would it cost for a team to get 1st OA this draft?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Dude? I know what he said that Matthews and Dahlin would be nasty. All i said is fat chance that the Leafs would ever land the #1 pick so it's not happening.

No you didn't. You said:

:laugh: :laugh: Good luck thinking that the Leafs would have a chance at the #1 overall pick without one of the big 3 going to the team that gets the #1 overall pick.

This literally happened on the same page we are on now. I don't see how you could have that bad of a recollection.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The leafs need to bench Matthews and nylander. They need to put Jvr bozak and marner in the top line, penalty kill and any defensive situation. They need to put gardiner on the top pair with carrick and put Martin on the penalty kill. That's how they'll get the first pick.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Rasmus Dahlin with one leg and a bad case of the flu is still better than a healthy Erik Karlsson and a healthy Alex Pietrangelo trapped in the same body, that's how unreal this kid is. Rasmus Dahlin is the cure for cancer and global warming and he smells good to boot, that's how insanely sick this dude is. Rasmus Dahlin will make peace between Trump and Kim Jong-Il and clear out the great pacific garbage patch and that's him on a bad day. Rasmus Dahlin will take hockey and civilization into the next era: the Dahlin-age. Check the hieroglyphs on the pyramids of Giza or the Mayan script on the La Danta or the scripts on the ancient Ziggurath of Ur and they have all foretold us about the coming of the Rasmus Dahlin.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah what i said is that there's zero chance the Leafs could obtain the #1 overall pick without one of the big 3 being involved and that would be the truth.
Yea, but the other guy was saying Matthews and Dahlin would be nasty. So there was no need to lash out at his comment when you basically permitted the same thing by saying only one of the big 3 needed to be involved to get the number one pick (meaning it could be Nylander or Marner) resulting in a possible Matthews - Dahlin combination anyway.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Like would toronto ship marner+ liljegren for 1st OA 2018?

Would oilers give up drailsaitl + pulju
for 1st OA 2018?

Would jets do laine + picks for for 1st OA 2018?
toronto should but no for the other two

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Weirdly I could see Montreal trade Dahlin to get a 1C or something, maybe even Carolina (either that or they would use the opportunity to offload another d-man). And there are a few teams with stacked center depth...

I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't assume it won't ever happen.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
This place is truly incredible. If Dahlin busts, he's prime Karlsson at worst. Oh and he's already better than everyone not named McDavid before he's ever played one NHL game.

Good lord.

Reactions: DatSnipeMatthews

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
I think this pick is untouchable. The same situation as McDavid, Matthews, Laine, Eichel...

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I'm having a hard time coming up with an offer Toronto could make that Buffalo would accept (and not just because of division rivalries.

I honestly wouldn't do something based around two of Marner, Nylander, and Reilly. We're already out of whack as far as forward talent vs defensemen talent and Reilly doesn't' address that issue like Dahlin would

I'd do Reinhart, 1st OV, + (big plus)
for
Matthews,

but I would also understand why Leafs fans would want to punch me in the face for suggesting such a thing.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I wonder, do the people mocking Dahlin as a generational defender feel McDavid was over hyped before his draft?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I was thinking this for a while...Oilers have been underachievers for a while with all the talent they have had and if they fall short this year and win 1st overall...man...people are going to go ape-sh**.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He absolutely isn't generational. What has he done to be deemed a better prospect that McDavid? Because that means he is on the Crosby/McDavid tier.

The hype is unreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnishLoomba

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he only has like 7 points in 16 games. what has he done to show he's a fantastic player/game changer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Rumor is Chia is going to sign Chris Kelly when the Oilers need a scoring RW . I guess he let Lowe and MacT get in to his head . He gunning for that first overall . We are not trading it . It ours hands off . What an effing joke . I feel bad for Draisaitl and McDavid

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I wonder, do the people mocking Dahlin as a generational defender feel McDavid was over hyped before his draft?

It's partly a suspicion about young elite d-men and I don't think Dahlin has been on the radar as long as McDavid (or Crosby before him).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

He was. The fact that he lived up to most of his ridiculous hype doesn't mean it wasn't overboard.

If you can't see that proclaiming that an 18 year old prospect's FLOOR, as in the worst he can possibly do, is the current best defenseman in the league is ridiculous hype, I don't know what to tell you.

Rasmus Dahlin is going to be an amazing player. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to come in and be the best defenseman in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad