Value of: What would it cost for a team to get 1st OA this draft?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Thats embarrassing
While I'm not saying he's correct about Nico vs. Rasmus, it's also clear that Fs taken top 3 have a better success rate than D taken top 3. I remember some studies done the year that MacKinnon/Jones/Drouin/Barkov were drafted.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Why do people find it hard to believe that he’s already better than most NHLers?
Imo he definitely is

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
1st is the NHL and 2nd is the KHL, I think that's general consensus. The following European leagues do play each other (the Champions Hockey League) and Swedish teams have won every edition so far.

Juolevi played junior hockey in Canada, and never was a generational talent anyway.
How would those "Champions" do against teams in the AHL under NHL rules in your opinion?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
How would those "Champions" do against teams in the AHL under NHL rules in your opinion?

I don't know, the last time Frölunda played against a North American opponent using NHL rules was against the New York Rangers in 2011, back then they lost 4:2.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't know, the last time Frölunda played against a North American opponent using NHL rules was against the New York Rangers in 2011, back then they lost 4:2.
Thankyou.
So you do admit that comparing leagues playing under different rules would be hard.
I'm not calling down Euro leagues as the scorers there are doing it under the rules there. It's also the reason that players that washed out of the NHL can be stars there & why not every hot shot kid in Europe can translate his game to NA.
Regardless of country of origin it's the players with an inner drive that succeed. Laine got down on himself because he felt he was letting the team down (although none of management nor teammates felt the same way). Happy for wins but feeling he should be a bigger part. Not all players feel that way. If Dahlin does he will be a superstar. If he doesn't have that inner drive he'll go the way of other 1/1 picks with the talent but not the whole toolbox.
Imagine a 2011 redraft.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
this is called bitterness at having the inferior player. Jets fans argues last year scheifele was a franchise C but matthews wasnt....and now matthews is better at 20 years old than scheifele ever will be
Not sure about that...

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
His development would have to stall seriously to be on par with Karlsson, that's how good he is already. So if a Karlsson is a pessimistic projection, then I'll take him over Matthews anytime.

untitled1.JPG

This board amazes me sometimes. I mean, I was gonna offer Karlsson and 10 1sts, but now I realize how far below value I am

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
In terms of quality the SHL is obviously a lot better than the AHL, which is nothing but a farm league.
The farn league where Euros learn to adjust to NHL?
I'd love to see a series between the AHL Calder Cup champs vs SHL champs under NHL rules.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The top scoring Europeans in the AHL are Pulkkinen, Wallmark and Goldobin. They could play in Europe too, but their talent is not unlimited. More talented players ending up playing AHL hockey are usually pretty raw, and in the case of Swedish ones mostly defensemen.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The level of immediate impact that some people expect Dahlin to have is overwhelming. Does he walk into the league and put up a four goal game in his first game? Does he get 65+ points in his first season? That's what I am expecting based on these comparisons.

:laugh: :laugh: Good luck thinking that the Leafs would have a chance at the #1 overall pick without one of the big 3 going to the team that gets the #1 overall pick.

Dude, he said Matthews and Dahlin would be nasty. Not the big 3 and Dahlin would be nasty. Besides, who says the leafs with the way things are going don't end up with a shot at getting Dahlin in the lottery :dunno:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The level of immediate impact that some people expect Dahlin to have is overwhelming. Does he walk into the league and put up a four goal game in his first game? Does he get 65+ points in his first season? That's what I am expecting based on these comparisons.

Dude, he said Matthews and Dahlin would be nasty. Not the big 3 and Dahlin would be nasty. Besides, who says the leafs with the way things are going don't end up with a shot at getting Dahlin in the lottery :dunno:
Well if the Leafs were to draft him, his value on HF would be 2nd pairing tops. Afterall people would say he hasn’t proven anything yet in the NHL.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Dude? I know what he said that Matthews and Dahlin would be nasty. All i said is fat chance that the Leafs would ever land the #1 pick so it's not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad