What’s wrong with Vegas Golden Knights?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They should have traded all that for Gallagher.

Look at this.

Hertl - not playing
Gallagher - playing

Hertl - Hits people
Gallagher - hits goalies

Hertl - Tries
Gallagher - Tries really hard

Hertl - probably not balding.
Gallagher - Definitely balding.

You f***ed up, Vegas and I backtraced it.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
This isn’t just rent free.

This is rent free, drink tickets, money for smokes, and “McCoys, Ribena & a Twirl.”

This season may not be Vegas’ year. Doesn’t take 2023 from the Golden Knights or those crazy enough to invite abuse by supporting them. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I remember the good old days of hockey when players didn't have a choice in where they played, and their allegiance to a team was forced and they had to play there, for whatever ownership wanted to pay them, or they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. And if they got shipped to some other team? They didn't have a choice, they had to go and play there, and if they didn't like it they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. That was real hockey, guys didn't dream about being selfish or they'd get thrown out of the league.

Guys didn't do this "training" shit and have 3, 4 months off because they "need to rest." You sleep 8 hours a day, you're getting plenty of rest, get your ass up and do something. Guys when hockey was good, worth something, had to work all summer, maybe even 2 jobs, to support their families. Their training was in sweat, good hard physical labor. They didn't quench their thirst with smoothies and fruity drinks and electrolyes and shit like that, they did it with beer and vodka and gin and tonic and whiskey and bourbon. The real soft guys drank pop - or if you're one of those people, soda. And lung darts? That was a part of everyone's diet, like steak and potatoes and beans and gravy. None of this salad bullshit. Ooh, I think I'll have a grilled skinned chicken breast and some quinoa. Go to hell, commie, real hockey players who wanted chicken bit the heads off chickens and ate the carcass raw. Real hockey players wrestled a bull down, killed it with their bare hands and ripped off the porterhouse and ribeye clean off the bone and kept the liver for an in-between snack.

And these goalies, oh my god. Face masks, painted. Are you f***ing kidding me. This ain't Fashion Week in Paris, you bunch of fairies. Slap a burlap sack on, go out there with a wad of leather and a stick and stop some goddamn pucks. Oh, it hit you in the nose, your pretty little nose is broken? Stop crying like a little bitch, my mom gets her nose broken rustling cattle every couple weeks and she sucks it up and finishes the job and cooks dinner and doesn't complain about it at all even thought she looks like everyone on the Oregon Trail rode over her. Oh, you got knocked out by a puck? I don't wanna hear about how you think you're in Norway, 1853, Be a man, shake it off and get back in there, you'll be fine tomorrow. And f*** these pansy players today with their pads, and helmets, and visors, and shitty little sticks you can snap by breathing on them twice. Oh, look at me, I can skate around like a little ballerina. Yeah, let's see you dance out of the way of a 66" Sherwood to the leg, let's see you dance away from that. f***ing little prima donnas. Probably never taped their hands up unless they "got hurt" picking their nose watching guys, leather pads, oh that's too heavy for me, I can't play like that, I only play hockey when it's 2-hand touch.

This "playing for money, choosing where you want to go" crap is a goddamn affront to Canada and everything it stands for. Maybe those asshole Americans too, just the ones who know what hockey is. Not the ones who hear 'hockey' and say "oh, yeah, I think my aunt had that last year, she was in the hospital for weeks." f*** those people. Selfish bunch of pricks. Give me hockey with fights and line brawls and Montreal getting the top 2 picks to protect their French heritage and everyone else in Canada having first right to guys based on territorial rights and guys playing for the logo on their sweater because they don't have any other goddamn choice and they gotta do whatever some owner wants or they can go to hell, and if you don't like your $8,000 salary you can play for $6,000, maybe that'll teach you to STFU. That's real hockey, and nothing is ever gonna be better than that.

Attachments

• 9df.gif
    9df.gif
    480.8 KB · Views: 1

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I really wanted to like Vegas, and I did for the first while, until they started pulling all sorts of crap, and especially what they did to the Jets. I'm sure they enjoy their asterisk cup and I'm sure they don't care in the slightest what the rest of us think, but I'll be very happy if they continue to struggle.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I remember the good old days of hockey when players didn't have a choice in where they played, and their allegiance to a team was forced and they had to play there, for whatever ownership wanted to pay them, or they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. And if they got shipped to some other team? They didn't have a choice, they had to go and play there, and if they didn't like it they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. That was real hockey, guys didn't dream about being selfish or they'd get thrown out of the league.

Guys didn't do this "training" shit and have 3, 4 months off because they "need to rest." You sleep 8 hours a day, you're getting plenty of rest, get your ass up and do something. Guys when hockey was good, worth something, had to work all summer, maybe even 2 jobs, to support their families. Their training was in sweat, good hard physical labor. They didn't quench their thirst with smoothies and fruity drinks and electrolyes and shit like that, they did it with beer and vodka and gin and tonic and whiskey and bourbon. The real soft guys drank pop - or if you're one of those people, soda. And lung darts? That was a part of everyone's diet, like steak and potatoes and beans and gravy. None of this salad bullshit. Ooh, I think I'll have a grilled skinned chicken breast and some quinoa. Go to hell, commie, real hockey players who wanted chicken bit the heads off chickens and ate the carcass raw. Real hockey players wrestled a bull down, killed it with their bare hands and ripped off the porterhouse and ribeye clean off the bone and kept the liver for an in-between snack.

And these goalies, oh my god. Face masks, painted. Are you f***ing kidding me. This ain't Fashion Week in Paris, you bunch of fairies. Slap a burlap sack on, go out there with a wad of leather and a stick and stop some goddamn pucks. Oh, it hit you in the nose, your pretty little nose is broken? Stop crying like a little bitch, my mom gets her nose broken rustling cattle every couple weeks and she sucks it up and finishes the job and cooks dinner and doesn't complain about it at all even thought she looks like everyone on the Oregon Trail rode over her. Oh, you got knocked out by a puck? I don't wanna hear about how you think you're in Norway, 1853, Be a man, shake it off and get back in there, you'll be fine tomorrow. And f*** these pansy players today with their pads, and helmets, and visors, and shitty little sticks you can snap by breathing on them twice. Oh, look at me, I can skate around like a little ballerina. Yeah, let's see you dance out of the way of a 66" Sherwood to the leg, let's see you dance away from that. f***ing little prima donnas. Probably never taped their hands up unless they "got hurt" picking their nose watching guys, leather pads, oh that's too heavy for me, I can't play like that, I only play hockey when it's 2-hand touch.

This "playing for money, choosing where you want to go" crap is a goddamn affront to Canada and everything it stands for. Maybe those asshole Americans too, just the ones who know what hockey is. Not the ones who hear 'hockey' and say "oh, yeah, I think my aunt had that last year, she was in the hospital for weeks." f*** those people. Selfish bunch of pricks. Give me hockey with fights and line brawls and Montreal getting the top 2 picks to protect their French heritage and everyone else in Canada having first right to guys based on territorial rights and guys playing for the logo on their sweater because they don't have any other goddamn choice and they gotta do whatever some owner wants or they can go to hell, and if you don't like your $8,000 salary you can play for $6,000, maybe that'll teach you to STFU. That's real hockey, and nothing is ever gonna be better than that.
Pure comedy gold. Cheers.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Is Vegas smarter then the other 31 teams or are the other 31 teams dumb for not using LTIE

I’m an Avs fan and hate Whitney ass peiple

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

This is brilliant.

Reactions: MiddleEarth

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Injuries.

I think all the injuries + some of the players they traded for not being inserted into the playoffs is gonna lead to a discombobulated group of players even if the talent is second to none.

I have little doubt they make the playoffs though. I assume the 8 in now are the 8 we're getting.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
not sure but the cheaters deserve it
deserve what? .....owning the trade deadline. Defending Cup Champs. Best 4 line 6 D depth in the league. Con Smythe winner on first line.
2 finals in their six year history.

I woukd they deserve and owned all that.

Knights fans are happy fans I'm sure

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015

This but unironically.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Is Vegas smarter then the other 31 teams or are the other 31 teams dumb for not using LTIE

I’m an Avs fan and hate Whitney ass peiple
I don't think the LTIR usage is what people are complaining about, 16 teams are currently in LTIR. It's the LTIRing a player ( stone) only for him to be magically ready for the first game of the playoffs, but too hurt to play the last game of the season.

The salary cap should be counted in the playoffs. like freeze it at the last day of the season or game of the season and thats the number you can't go over. Because as it stands now having a star player go down can actually be a benefit. So, personally for me, I'd like to see Vegas not make the playoffs so they don't a chance to pull this off again. its Bad enough that Tampa and Vegas won being so over the cap.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
This isn’t just rent free.

This is rent free, drink tickets, money for smokes, and “McCoys, Ribena & a Twirl.”

This season may not be Vegas’ year. Doesn’t take 2023 from the Golden Knights or those crazy enough to invite abuse by supporting them. 😁

Dude, you’re not the maple leafs

Just enjoy the 5 minutes of fame your team is enjoying right now

Americans have entered the chat

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I don't think the LTIR usage is what people are complaining about, 16 teams are currently in LTIR. It's the LTIRing a player ( stone) only for him to be magically ready for the first game of the playoffs, but too hurt to play the last game of the season.

The salary cap should be counted in the playoffs. like freeze it at the last day of the season or game of the season and thats the number you can't go over. Because as it stands now having a star player go down can actually be a benefit. So, personally for me, I'd like to see Vegas not make the playoffs so they don't a chance to pull this off again. its Bad enough that Tampa and Vegas won being so over the cap.
Dude lacerated his spleen give it a break

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You don't think a pro athlete choosing somewhere he believes would be a nice place for himself (and his family, if he has one) to live is a good enough reason for him to choose a specific team?

No, they play hockey. They all gotta love the cold, hate "nice weather" and support traditional hockey markets.

Im sarcastic btw. I love the cold, but these players can do whatever they want lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Whatever happens this year, these trades still give the same vibes as when they had eichel that first year.

We will probably look back to this season as a bump in the road for them but they aren't going away for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad