What’s wrong with Vegas Golden Knights?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Rival fans are trash talkin VGK for struggling right now BUT will be crappin their pants when they face them in the playoffs

• Haha
Reactions: soothsayer

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
1710524671852.gif

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Cheater organization permeates a loser mentality in the team, when the players can't cheat their way out of a situation they start looking around and whining instead of digging in and playing gritty.

The weight of cheating your way to a cup has gotten to them, they're breaking from it, everyone knows it''s a fraudulent cup and the players have been buck broken under the pressure.

Let it be a lesson that your actions always catch up to you.

#LasVegasGoldenAsterisks

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
They made huge massive trades at the deadline, traded away picks and prospects. And they now, they are just sucking, what is wrong with the Golden Knights?

Is it the coach? Are the players tired? Are there things going on that we don’t know?

If the Golden Knights don’t start winning, they may miss the playoffs, they need to start being good again and start winning.

I am going to Vegas in mid April with friends, we need Vegas firing on all cylinders.
I don't know what's wrong with them, they've been bad since the end of November and here for it.

Cheaters never prosper.

Reactions: zar

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
They made huge massive trades at the deadline, traded away picks and prospects. And they now, they are just sucking, what is wrong with the Golden Knights?

Is it the coach? Are the players tired? Are there things going on that we don’t know?

If the Golden Knights don’t start winning, they may miss the playoffs, they need to start being good again and start winning.

I am going to Vegas in mid April with friends, we need Vegas firing on all cylinders.
Sweet jinx thread. Vegas hot streak to end the season and sneak into the playoffs incoming… :eyeroll:

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
It’s like having a spoiled child where the parents keep buying them expensive gifts to get them to stop throwing tantrums. You’re just ignoring the root problems.

Dec 15, 2002
You don't think a pro athlete choosing somewhere he believes would be a nice place for himself (and his family, if he has one) to live is a good enough reason for him to choose a specific team?
"I think a player should be forced to play for whatever team wants him, for whatever they want to pay him, regardless of whether he thinks it's a good fit for him personally or professionally and whether his family wants to be there or not. That would be more fair to everyone."

- Some people on HFBoards

Their coupon was good for only one Stanley Cup.
Which is one more Stanley Cup than Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Philadelphia, NY Islanders, Florida, Nashville, San Jose and Buffalo [and Minnesota, Columbus and Seattle ... and Arizona] all have in the last 30 years.

Combined. #stillworthit

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You don't think a pro athlete choosing somewhere he believes would be a nice place for himself (and his family, if he has one) to live is a good enough reason for him to choose a specific team?
Great reasons to choose a city to play in. Especially great if you cheer for one of the dozen or so ultra desirable locations in the league where you never have to worry about players exercising their ntc to come there.

Not so great if you're a fan of another team where you continually lose players to those types of teams.

That's why it's always wonderful when the built in advantage backfires, like pld in la as an example.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Great reasons to choose a city to play in. Especially great if you cheer for one of the dozen or so ultra desirable locations in the league where you never have to worry about players exercising their ntc to come there.

Not so great if you're a fan of another team where you continually lose players to those types of teams.

That's why it's always wonderful when the built in advantage backfires, like pld in la as an example.

These idiots don’t understand how a league operates and how talent acquisition needs to work for a league to be successful

This feels like Americans “me me me, it’s all about me” philosophy seeping into hockey. Hockey players used to be above this kind of narcissism and selfishness, but some of them are falling into that trap

I hope they are all wildly unsuccessful

The pendulum of power needs to swing more back to the middle of the players and the teams.

It’s way too far in the players favor right now, it’s not balanced

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
We all want the knights to miss the playoffs

Whatever’s wrong with them, keep feeding it and don’t fix it

I am hoping they turn it around, I am going(hopefully) to Vegas in Mid April.

Go to Vegas for other reasons. I am sure you'll have a good time.

I am sure I will but it would be nice to see them in the playoffs, the atmosphere would be crazy.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
These idiots don’t understand how a league operates and how talent acquisition needs to work for a league to be successful

This feels like Americans “me me me, it’s all about me” philosophy seeping into hockey. Hockey players used to be above this kind of narcissism and selfishness, but some of them are falling into that trap

I hope they are all wildly unsuccessful

The pendulum of power needs to swing more back to the middle of the players and the teams.

It’s way too far in the players favor right now, it’s not balanced
Greed and narcissism aren’t just reserved for Americans. It’s a global issue. It’s not new either.

Dec 15, 2002
I remember the good old days of hockey when players didn't have a choice in where they played, and their allegiance to a team was forced and they had to play there, for whatever ownership wanted to pay them, or they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. And if they got shipped to some other team? They didn't have a choice, they had to go and play there, and if they didn't like it they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. That was real hockey, guys didn't dream about being selfish or they'd get thrown out of the league.

Guys didn't do this "training" shit and have 3, 4 months off because they "need to rest." You sleep 8 hours a day, you're getting plenty of rest, get your ass up and do something. Guys when hockey was good, worth something, had to work all summer, maybe even 2 jobs, to support their families. Their training was in sweat, good hard physical labor. They didn't quench their thirst with smoothies and fruity drinks and electrolyes and shit like that, they did it with beer and vodka and gin and tonic and whiskey and bourbon. The real soft guys drank pop - or if you're one of those people, soda. And lung darts? That was a part of everyone's diet, like steak and potatoes and beans and gravy. None of this salad bullshit. Ooh, I think I'll have a grilled skinned chicken breast and some quinoa. Go to hell, commie, real hockey players who wanted chicken bit the heads off chickens and ate the carcass raw. Real hockey players wrestled a bull down, killed it with their bare hands and ripped off the porterhouse and ribeye clean off the bone and kept the liver for an in-between snack.

And these goalies, oh my god. Face masks, painted. Are you f***ing kidding me. This ain't Fashion Week in Paris, you bunch of fairies. Slap a burlap sack on, go out there with a wad of leather and a stick and stop some goddamn pucks. Oh, it hit you in the nose, your pretty little nose is broken? Stop crying like a little bitch, my mom gets her nose broken rustling cattle every couple weeks and she sucks it up and finishes the job and cooks dinner and doesn't complain about it at all even thought she looks like everyone on the Oregon Trail rode over her. Oh, you got knocked out by a puck? I don't wanna hear about how you think you're in Norway, 1853, Be a man, shake it off and get back in there, you'll be fine tomorrow. And f*** these pansy players today with their pads, and helmets, and visors, and shitty little sticks you can snap by breathing on them twice. Oh, look at me, I can skate around like a little ballerina. Yeah, let's see you dance out of the way of a 66" Sherwood to the leg, let's see you dance away from that. f***ing little prima donnas. Probably never taped their hands up unless they "got hurt" picking their nose watching guys, leather pads, oh that's too heavy for me, I can't play like that, I only play hockey when it's 2-hand touch.

This "playing for money, choosing where you want to go" crap is a goddamn affront to Canada and everything it stands for. Maybe those asshole Americans too, just the ones who know what hockey is. Not the ones who hear 'hockey' and say "oh, yeah, I think my aunt had that last year, she was in the hospital for weeks." f*** those people. Selfish bunch of pricks. Give me hockey with fights and line brawls and Montreal getting the top 2 picks to protect their French heritage and everyone else in Canada having first right to guys based on territorial rights and guys playing for the logo on their sweater because they don't have any other goddamn choice and they gotta do whatever some owner wants or they can go to hell, and if you don't like your $8,000 salary you can play for $6,000, maybe that'll teach you to STFU. That's real hockey, and nothing is ever gonna be better than that.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I remember the good old days of hockey when players didn't have a choice in where they played, and their allegiance to a team was forced and they had to play there, for whatever ownership wanted to pay them, or they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. And if they got shipped to some other team? They didn't have a choice, they had to go and play there, and if they didn't like it they could GTFO and someone else would come in and do their job. That was real hockey, guys didn't dream about being selfish or they'd get thrown out of the league.

Guys didn't do this "training" shit and have 3, 4 months off because they "need to rest." You sleep 8 hours a day, you're getting plenty of rest, get your ass up and do something. Guys when hockey was good, worth something, had to work all summer, maybe even 2 jobs, to support their families. Their training was in sweat, good hard physical labor. They didn't quench their thirst with smoothies and fruity drinks and electrolyes and shit like that, they did it with beer and vodka and gin and tonic and whiskey and bourbon. The real soft guys drank pop - or if you're one of those people, soda. And lung darts? That was a part of everyone's diet, like steak and potatoes and beans and gravy. None of this salad bullshit. Ooh, I think I'll have a grilled skinned chicken breast and some quinoa. Go to hell, commie, real hockey players who wanted chicken bit the heads off chickens and ate the carcass raw. Real hockey players wrestled a bull down, killed it with their bare hands and ripped off the porterhouse and ribeye clean off the bone and kept the liver for an in-between snack.

And these goalies, oh my god. Face masks, painted. Are you f***ing kidding me. This ain't Fashion Week in Paris, you bunch of fairies. Slap a burlap sack on, go out there with a wad of leather and a stick and stop some goddamn pucks. Oh, it hit you in the nose, your pretty little nose is broken? Stop crying like a little bitch, my mom gets her nose broken rustling cattle every couple weeks and she sucks it up and finishes the job and cooks dinner and doesn't complain about it at all even thought she looks like everyone on the Oregon Trail rode over her. Oh, you got knocked out by a puck? I don't wanna hear about how you think you're in Norway, 1853, Be a man, shake it off and get back in there, you'll be fine tomorrow. And f*** these pansy players today with their pads, and helmets, and visors, and shitty little sticks you can snap by breathing on them twice. Oh, look at me, I can skate around like a little ballerina. Yeah, let's see you dance out of the way of a 66" Sherwood to the leg, let's see you dance away from that. f***ing little prima donnas. Probably never taped their hands up unless they "got hurt" picking their nose watching guys, leather pads, oh that's too heavy for me, I can't play like that, I only play hockey when it's 2-hand touch.

This "playing for money, choosing where you want to go" crap is a goddamn affront to Canada and everything it stands for. Maybe those asshole Americans too, just the ones who know what hockey is. Not the ones who hear 'hockey' and say "oh, yeah, I think my aunt had that last year, she was in the hospital for weeks." f*** those people. Selfish bunch of pricks. Give me hockey with fights and line brawls and Montreal getting the top 2 picks to protect their French heritage and everyone else in Canada having first right to guys based on territorial rights and guys playing for the logo on their sweater because they don't have any other goddamn choice and they gotta do whatever some owner wants or they can go to hell, and if you don't like your $8,000 salary you can play for $6,000, maybe that'll teach you to STFU. That's real hockey, and nothing is ever gonna be better than that.
1710540086573.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is the downside of loading up LTIR players. You don't have the players.

This was still a risky move from the Knights but not that risky. They've got some cushion to figure things out and the remaining talent on the roster should get it done.

Just like when Tampa did this, all that matters is getting in. Home ice doesn't matter much

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Cheater organization permeates a loser mentality in the team, when the players can't cheat their way out of a situation they start looking around and whining instead of digging in and playing gritty.

The weight of cheating your way to a cup has gotten to them, they're breaking from it, everyone knows it''s a fraudulent cup and the players have been buck broken under the pressure.

Let it be a lesson that your actions always catch up to you.

#LasVegasGoldenAsterisks
Nice handle/post combo

Not wrong tho

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
When the NHL had more Canadians than Americans, the culture of the league was very different.

The league has way more divas now, following along with other ruined American sports like the NFL and the NBA

You’re an American, you have no idea what ‘global’ means. Don’t you guys vacation at either the Grand Canyon, or Hawaii?
when did the NFL and NBA
When the NHL had more Canadians than Americans, the culture of the league was very different.

The league has way more divas now, following along with other ruined American sports like the NFL and the NBA

You’re an American, you have no idea what ‘global’ means. Don’t you guys vacation at either the Grand Canyon, or Hawaii?
when did the NFL and NBA get ruined?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad