What’s wrong with Vegas Golden Knights?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
They made huge massive trades at the deadline, traded away picks and prospects. And they now, they are just sucking, what is wrong with the Golden Knights?

Is it the coach? Are the players tired? Are there things going on that we don’t know?

If the Golden Knights don’t start winning, they may miss the playoffs, they need to start being good again and start winning.

I am going to Vegas in mid April with friends, we need Vegas firing on all cylinders.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
They made huge massive trades at the deadline, traded away picks and prospects. And they now, they are just sucking, what is wrong with the Golden Knights?

Is it the coach? Are the players tired? Are there things going on that we don’t know?

If the Golden Knights don’t start winning, they may miss the playoffs, they need to start being good again and start winning.

I am going to Vegas in mid April with friends, we need Vegas firing on all cylinders.
No we really don't

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
They have several major injuries dont they?
I know Stone and Hertl are still out, atleast.

Edit: Martinez, Howden, Carrier..Theodore missed half the season..
Hard to get the team synced with all these injuries.
Would be hilarious if they missed tbh.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
1710478104520.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think Cassidy has grown too complacent with the mentality of "if the players find/play their game, they can beat anyone"

It's my only explanation. Like, sure, Martinez and Pietrangelo are getting older and the former has fallen off hard but I kind of got this weird sense about the team early on like they were..the best to way to describe it is playing hockey like they're full of themselves. Every shift every line, the team was trying to play such streamlined and efficient hockey with strict adherence to systems with no room for mistakes, but I think somewhere along the way they forgot that wasn't the only thing that won them the cup. They won because they executed systems and they outworked their opponents. They're not outworking anyone anymore and it feels like the more losses they rack up the more unmotivated they look. Add that in with Hill mentally collapsing after a red hot return from injury and it's a pretty rough time for the Knights.

And with so many top players continuing to age out of their primes, they're running out of room to be serious contenders. In my book, this was probably the one year a repeat was in the realm of possibility. Instead I think we're at the beginning of the team slowly fading into a need for a significant retool or rebuild.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I think they’ll make it, I kinda hope they do because I enjoyed an entire playoffs of ‘wahhh 18 mil’ last time

It would be funny if they miss, but looking at the teams who’d replace them… I think Vegas is a better and more fun team to watch than most of the west

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I’ve been starting to wonder about the chances of Cassidy getting fired. Even if the team gets in I wouldn’t be surprised to see the quickest exit in team history (in the playoffs).

Maybe the team needs the extra time off and needs to be humbled a bit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’ve been starting to wonder about the chances of Cassidy getting fired. Even if the team gets in I wouldn’t be surprised to see the quickest exit in team history (in the playoffs).

Firing Cassidy at this point doesn't really make sense even if you get past doing dirty the one man in 3 to actually bring home a championship.

Whether Foley, McCrimmon, and McPhee are ready to accept it or not, this team is going to enter a decline soon. Marchesault is 33, Martinez is 36, Pietrangelo is 34, Stone is 31 and is turning out to be a broken body. That's a big chunk of key guys that are not easily replaceable getting real close to retirement/severe decline age. The team will probably be good enough to stay around the bubble for a good while, but the chances of that decrease if you can Cassidy and don't replace him with someone as good or better.

And even then, this team has been so gung ho about trading off all futures and young guys with potential that a return to contender form is going to be really hard to pull off. Past this year, we won't be picking in the first round for two straight years, all in this attempt to squeeze out one more run for glory that is currently failing. At this point there's seriously nothing left to trade without directly offsetting roster guys so either the team scores some wins in free agency, or they suffer as a middling team for years. It's turning out to be the bleak cost of a quick cup win.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

It wouldn't be shocking, Vegas really doesn't care about sentimental value. If they think Cassidy somehow wore out his welcome that quick, he'll be gone the next day

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
They have several major injuries dont they?
I know Stone and Hertl are still out, atleast.

Edit: Martinez, Howden, Carrier..Theodore missed half the season..
Hard to get the team synced with all these injuries.
Would be hilarious if they missed tbh.
I mean they just missed the playoffs recently because of injuries so it wouldn't be unheard of .

Would be a little funny but if your strategy is take all the constantly injured players it can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad