What’s wrong with Vegas Golden Knights?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As long as they only get a WC I’m happy. Ideally they miss but Calgary and St Louis don’t seem to have the horses.
Vegas has SEA and CBS at home then head out on a 4 game in 6 day road trip vs STL/Nas B2B then to Win then an afternoon game vs Min who is chasing them. Those are 2 massive road games vs STL and MIN who are right behind them.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Wait. That happens to teams?
Yeah when people stop talking about how great you are and start questioning you, or even just flat out ignore you it can have an impact.

One thing I remember is people were questioning the goaltending going into that season, and a couple of the goalies played really well. But this season the goaltending has been disappointing and probably more similar to what people expected out of the position last year.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yeah when people stop talking about how great you are and start questioning you, or even just flat out ignore you it can have an impact.

One thing I remember is people were questioning the goaltending going into that season, and a couple of the goalies played really well. But this season the goaltending has been disappointing and probably more similar to what people expected out of the position last year.
Gee must be nice for a team to realize their shortcomings and improve them.

MUST BE NICE.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
LTIR team
People keep saying this but seem to omit the fact the huge impact their injuries have had in the regular season. They haven't done anything in the regular season that every other team has done at some point.
The only advantage is if all the injured players like join for game 1 and that's not even the case.
Nevermind the fact they might miss because of the loss of Stone and to a lesser degree the other players.

People complaining are just opposing fans getting their built in excuse even tho the chances of Stone and Hertyl being healthy for game round one is unlikely.
I hope as a nucks fan we play them because they are ripe for defeat.

Reactions: Vegas07

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If they miss it will truly be a monkey’s paw moment.

Don't think the Wild or Blues are good enough to catch Vegas. Vegas probably makes it by default. But then again Vegas still plays Wild twice and Blues one time. So maybe

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Never count out the Blues, 2019 taught us that.

Very different team now.

If Vegas somehow misses the playoffs it'll be an epic collapse because the teams behind them are not very good and aren't exactly scorching hot themselves.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Knights 7 next games : Kraken (H), Blue Jackets (H), Blues (A), Predators (A)
Jets (A), Wild (A), Canucks (H)

If they don't get 4 points out of their next two games, they are in deep shit.
because their next 5 games after that, very difficult to take points, any points.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Most mid roster in the league lucks into a cup and we wonder why they are back to mid? To me they are playing just how you’d expect

IMG_0099.png

Reactions: onetweasy

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Very different team now.

If Vegas somehow misses the playoffs it'll be an epic collapse because the teams behind them are not very good and aren't exactly scorching hot themselves.
Not that different

------

I agree, that would be a big surprise, but not that out of reach atm
of the trio, Knights have the toughest schedule, they have been playing shit
for a long time, i expect them to miss the play-offs at this point

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not that different

------

I agree, that would be a big surprise, but not that out of reach atm
of the trio, Knights have the toughest schedule, they have been playing shit
for a long time, i expect them to miss the play-offs at this point

I think they'll squeak in with barely over 90 points. I just don't think Wild or Blues will reach that . Vegas wins 6 more games or 5 and a few OT losses and i think that would be enough.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Drawing Vegas in the first round as the 'reward' for earning the top seed in the west is really going to suck for somebody
If you have to play them I would rather do it in the first round when half their team is rusty and has no chemistry

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The only advantage is if all the injured players like join for game 1 and that's not even the case.

Yeah, we all heard this story before.....:D

Mark Stone.png

I personally expect Mark Stone and Hertl to be back and ready for Game 1 (and no, i dont think Vegas will miss the playoffs because the Wild and other possible threats are just not good enough or solid enough to catch them) and would be major, MAJOR suprised if thats not the case.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Vegas seems perfectly comfortable coasting into the postseason in a wild card spot - zero chance Minnesota or St. Louis catches them IMO.

Then on day 1 of the postseason they'll active each and every single player off LTIR and everyone will be 100% and ready to play playoff hockey. We've seen this story before.

I've got either Vegas or Colorado coming out of the west and it's criminal that matchup might happen in round 1.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas seems perfectly comfortable coasting into the postseason in a wild card spot - zero chance Minnesota or St. Louis catches them IMO.

Then on day 1 of the postseason they'll active each and every single player off LTIR and everyone will be 100% and ready to play playoff hockey. We've seen this story before.

I've got either Vegas or Colorado coming out of the west and it's criminal that matchup might happen in round 1.
It's an internal battle of wills with the team, they love the golf course, they love winning Stanley Cups, but all those pesky playoff games cut into the green time. :laugh:

Hopefully they remember they can do both before it's too late. :laugh:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
They'll be fine. Maybe they thought making the playoffs would be easy and they're getting caught off guard on that at the moment, but they'll flip the switch come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad