Salary Cap: Wet Hot Canadian Sutter (Is No More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Right but if you sign Cooke it may mean Bennett is a healthy scratch or Sundqvist in the AHL. Not the end of the world but I want young legs on the 4th line.

Cookie now skates like he's tied to a 50 lb cement slab. If the idea is to slow down the 4th line than we should sign him immediately. He will be quite effective killing any speed out of the 4th line now.;)

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
A spot will be cleared up front for internal call ups. I definitely see either Kunitz getting moved for a D or Bennett being moved with Scuderi for the purpose of clearing cap space for a D.

GMJR admitted that its a concern and they can now use one of their forwards if need be to upgrade the D. Its a no brainer. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing Franson signed to a friendly cap deal. Perhaps he's waiting like Fehr did today.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Is there a physical, defensively oriented RHD out there the Pens could land? Franson is not a good fit. McQuaid would have been a good partner for Pouliot because of his experience with Krug IMO.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Right but if you sign Cooke it may mean Bennett is a healthy scratch or Sundqvist in the AHL. Not the end of the world but I want young legs on the 4th line.

Well, there's also the scenario where they move Kunitz for futures or help on D. With Kunitz gone and Dupuis' health still iffy, Cooke would be passable as insurance/depth. How I'd view his return is contingent on other moves that might facilitate it.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If Cooke took a league minimum or close and we moved Scuds+Kunitz

Perron-Sid-Horny
Plotnikov-Geno-Phil
Dupuis-Bonernino-Beauner
Cooke-Fehr-Sundy

Maatta-Letang
Cole-Franson
Pouliot-Lovejoy

Fleury
Zatkoff

Damn good lineup.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Perron-Sid-Horny
Plotnikov-Geno-Phil
Dupuis-Bonernino-Beauner
Cooke-Fehr-Sundy

Maatta-Letang
Cole-Franson
Pouliot-Lovejoy

Fleury
Zatkoff

Damn good lineup.

I want a line of:

Hornqvist-Bonino-Bennett. :naughty:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One thing Im really happy with is that JR got a couple prospects and picks through making our team better. Sure the prospects could all flame out, but he loaded us up with three guys who have potential. If one becomes an nhl player, it's a steal. In addition we have picks back. Thank goodness

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
One thing Im really happy with is that JR got a couple prospects and picks through making our team better. Sure the prospects could all flame out, but he loaded us up with three guys who have potential. If one becomes an nhl player, it's a steal. In addition we have picks back. Thank goodness

The only superficial complaint I have is that both Erixon and Clendening are waiver eligible.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

We've given up two of our extra 3rd rounders and gotten 2 second rounders in exchange. Not bad at all.

Clendening could turn into a good 5/6 guy as well. He has PP QB potential and was Van's top rated D prospect. He's only 22 and could easily grow into a solid pick up.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The Islanders are desperate to find a taker for Grabner. Scuderi is from Long Island. Visnovski left the team and they traded Reinhart as well. Crossing my fingers for a Scuderi for Grabner swap. Then with the glut of forwards we have, I'd love to see GMJR swap Kunitz for a decent Dman. I'm sure he can pull something off.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars

Perron-Sid-Horny
Plotnikov-Geno-Phil
Dupuis-Bonernino-Beauner
Cooke-Fehr-Sundy

Maatta-Letang
Cole-Franson
Pouliot-Lovejoy

Fleury
Zatkoff

Damn good lineup.

Cooke has no place on this team. He sucks major *** now.

I won't be too happy with Zatkoff the clown as the backup. The suckitude was so strong in him last year he let a first year pro take his AHL starter job. I'm still hoping RJ can find a better option one year. option.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
We've given up two of our extra 3rd rounders and gotten 2 second rounders in exchange. Not bad at all.

Clendening could turn into a good 5/6 guy as well. He has PP QB potential and was Van's top rated D prospect. He's only 22 and could easily grow into a solid pick up.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Clendening packaged with someone on the roster for a decent 2nd pairing dman.

Warofsky and Pouliott make him expendable. He's redundant.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The Islanders are desperate to find a taker for Grabner. Scuderi is from Long Island. Visnovski left the team and they traded Reinhart as well. Crossing my fingers for a Scuderi for Grabner swap. Then with the glut of forwards we have, I'd love to see GMJR swap Kunitz for a decent Dman. I'm sure he can pull something off.

Scuderi for Grabner would be an insane steal. Never going to happen, but I would do it in a heart beat.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Erixon and Clendening won't make the team. Both will be exposed to waivers but I'm not too worried as I believe both will slip though.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If Clendening or Erixon were sent down and cleared WBS would have crazy offense from the blue line.

One of those two plus O'Neill and Warsofsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad