Salary Cap: Wet Hot Canadian Sutter (Is No More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
COOKE SPOTTED ON PIRATES BROADCAST e5! :laugh:

That's not how this site works. Go to the Pens facebook page and comment there if you want that type of conversation.

Greg brown just said Cookes kids were playing catch with walker. Said cooke is trying to come back to pens and sounds confident that it could happen

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't realize Bonino was 27.

I never looked into the player, but the way he's immortalized on the Ducks' board, I thought he was some 20-year old stud prospect

I also thought he was only maybe 24-25 at most. Not that it matters to me all that much but I did think he was younger.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Greg brown just said Cookes kids were playing catch with walker. Said cooke is trying to come back to pens and sounds confident that it could happen

Maybe we shouldn't have laughed at aaroneggs4 :laugh:

I honestly wouldn't hate it. Especially at league min

I didn't want to let him walk when he was a FA, but he's getting up there in age and I really wanted to see a couple kids in the line-up. And Farnham as the extra.

IF we move Kunitz/Scuderi, I'm okay with it.

You know.. in Yohe's article earlier he did say that they might sign another forward in FA later in the summer. There might actually be truth to this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I definitely don't deny any validity, but that's a slippery slope if we are taking a picture from the buccos game and a guy w/ 200 followers. We would be wrong way more often than right if we used that as the standard.

But talking about it in a speculation POV - fine by me. :)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I definitely don't deny any validity, but that's a slippery slope if we are taking a picture from the buccos game and a guy w/ 200 followers. We would be wrong way more often than right if we used that as the standard.

But talking about it in a speculation POV - fine by me. :)

Well sure, but Brown pretty much said what the guy with 200 followers did.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
At min it would be reasonable. But even though he's mellowed out, I don't know if I want that kind of heat on our team anymore. I know he's not Downie crazy (who is), but that kind of element (even if just by reputation at this point) can really sour the refs against you. And we definitely don't want to encourage that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't really know where they'd fit Cooke. I liked him a lot when he was here, despite the reputation. And thought that he was a major contributing factor to that supposed "best third line in hockey." He was one of the Wild's best players at the start of his first season there but has obviously petered out quite a bit, since. I assume he was injured last year? What was the nature of that injury?

I guess as a camp invite I wouldn't mind it. Anything else doesn't really make much sense.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not really interested in Cooke, even at league minimum.
Unless Kunitz, Dupuis, Scuds were all gone and we had a ton of cap space.

Even if you're scared Dupuis goes down again, theres better FA options out there than Cooke imo.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't really know where they'd fit Cooke. I liked him a lot when he was here, despite the reputation. And thought that he was a major contributing factor to that supposed "best third line in hockey." He was one of the Wild's best players at the start of his first season there but has obviously petered out quite a bit, since. I assume he was injured last year? What was the nature of that injury?

I guess as a camp invite I wouldn't mind it. Anything else doesn't really make much sense.

That's why for me it's contingent on Kunitz being moved out.

Theoretically we could have:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett
Cooke-Fehr-Dupuis

But I would really, really like to see Sundqvist have a roster spot. And I wouldn't want Cooke playing everyday. Maybe alternate him and Farnham as the #12 to keep their energy levels high.

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
Sundqvist-Bonino-Bennett
Cooke/Farnham-Fehr-Dupuis

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kunitz-Sid-Kessel
Perron-Geno-Horny
Plotnikov-Banino-Dupuis
Sundqvist-Fehr-Bennett

I mean, if we want to sign him as a 13th forward (and to play while Fehr is out) I guess that's fine. But I wouldn't hate to use those few months to give some of the kids a test run. Even if we do sign someone, there have to be better options out there.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
You're all unbelievable! Why undo all that we accomplished this offseason by signing a completely broke down, way over the hill Matt Cooke? Don't get me wrong, I loved the cookie monster when he was here but things have changed a lot. The reunion tour has been enough bad with Scuds. Cookie has lost about 3 steps since he's been gone. He's bad for us at any price.
Dogs-Do-Not-Want-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad