Series Talk: WCSF: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights

SJ vs. VGK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aircobra

May 4, 2013
They're not breaking up their best line for Thornton. Couture-Hertl-Boedker should be considered untouchable from a coach's perspective right now. They're doing everything for them right now.

I'm sure they're talking about the PP...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What was their "take" on it?

Meh most didn't have an issue with it per say, especially with the context of why.

Most have more of an issue of why the anthems need to be sung before every game period

Now if it was san jose fans just booing say the canadian anthem that would be different in there opinions though.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They're not breaking up their best line for Thornton. Couture-Hertl-Boedker should be considered untouchable from a coach's perspective right now. They're doing everything for them right now.

Agreed. CHB and the 4th line should be totally untouchable. I think Melker Karlsson had an awful this year and should have been scratched, but he’s been good in the playoffs and actually has the highest CF% on our team in the playoffs so I wouldn’t mess with that line. Kane-Pavelski-Donskoi and Meier-Tierney-LaBanc should be the lines that the coaching staff feels free to tinker with. The easy solution and the one they probably go with will be to put Donskoi in LaBanc’s spot and throw Thornton up at 1C, but I wouldn’t hate Tierney-Thornton-Meier either.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
I thought about the anthem thing after game 3. My thoughts are, if you are a visiting team, leave the anthem crap at home where everyone is doing it in a positive way.

All you do when you go to an opposing arena is invite negativity.

Nobody should boo during the national anthem, but nobody is going to let away fans get away with taking over the national anthem.

Should be off limits, unless you are at home.

Reactions: nabbyfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Must have missed what happened and don’t feel like going through the thread to find it but what happened with the anthem?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I thought about the anthem thing after game 3. My thoughts are, if you are a visiting team, leave the anthem crap at home where everyone is doing it in a positive way.

All you do when you go to an opposing arena is invite negativity.

Nobody should boo during the national anthem, but nobody is going to let away fans get away with taking over the national anthem.

Should be off limits, unless you are at home.
Agreed.

Didn't care for their fans using our "beat la" chant, either. That's strictly a bay area/la chant.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
In that heated series against Edmonton 10+ years ago, the Jumbotron at the Shark Tank panned to Chris Pronger during the Canadian National Anthem and there was a pretty loud Negative response from the crowd, and that was Canadian talk radio fodder for a few days, the people of San Jose hate Canada!

I agree....dont yell your home chants during the anthem at an away game. I also agree it doesn't need to be played before every sporting event everywhere, but thats a different debate.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I feel like during the anthem no one should boo/make chants etc.. If you want to protest it then do it quietly. But it should not be any chants or whatever

Freedom eh. I find it strange that any national anthems are played before games, makes sense at world cups and national team games but weird for NHL, NBA, MLB ish stuff. Its a world war 2 pride thing so I get its become tradition, you can't ask people going to a hockey game to care about it though. Also I don't think they're protesting, they're having fun at a hockey game.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
A few thoughts now that we're midway through this series.

1. This series reminds me a lot of that series we had against Colorado back in 2010. Lots of mistakes the first few games, plus Fleury playing similar to how Anderson was early that series. I think we're starting to solve him now, similar to how we did that series.

2. Hertl is playing the best hockey of his career and looking like the guy we hoped he would become.

3. I think game 4 was our breakthrough. Keep doing the right things and limit mistakes and we got this. We're the better team.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA

1. This series reminds me a lot of that series we had against Colorado back in 2010. Lots of mistakes the first few games, plus Fleury playing similar to how Anderson was early that series. I think we're starting to solve him now, similar to how we did that series.

2. Hertl is playing the best hockey of his career and looking like the guy we hoped he would become.

3. I think game 4 was our breakthrough. Keep doing the right things and limit mistakes and we got this. We're the better team.

Hertl is built for the playoffs. I swear if he had some more finish in him he would be a super star. Ill take elite possession skills though

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I feel like during the anthem no one should boo/make chants etc.. If you want to protest it then do it quietly. But it should not be any chants or whatever

It should just be done away with altogether for professional sporting events. It makes no sense and it's a lot more sinister when you look into these sorts of things politically.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Freedom eh. I find it strange that any national anthems are played before games, makes sense at world cups and national team games but weird for NHL, NBA, MLB ish stuff. Its a world war 2 pride thing so I get its become tradition, you can't ask people going to a hockey game to care about it though. Also I don't think they're protesting, they're having fun at a hockey game.

I agree. National anthems have no place in professional sports. Why do I have to salute the flag before I watch a bunch of guys run around trying to put a small rubber cylinder into a net?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
In that heated series against Edmonton 10+ years ago, the Jumbotron at the Shark Tank panned to Chris Pronger during the Canadian National Anthem and there was a pretty loud Negative response from the crowd, and that was Canadian talk radio fodder for a few days, the people of San Jose hate Canada!

I agree....dont yell your home chants during the anthem at an away game. I also agree it doesn't need to be played before every sporting event everywhere, but thats a different debate.

Same debate imo. The anthem isnt some holy chant. Do what you want. Literally what the anthem represents.

If my opinion has any weight. 12 year service member.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking after game 2. Though I think Vegas is better than Colorado was back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad