Series Talk: WCSF: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights

SJ vs. VGK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking after game 2. Though I think Vegas is better than Colorado was back then.

Yeah same arc of a series so far but Vegas is way better haha and we might actually lose this one. Never felt like the Aves would actually win

Reactions: Sleepy

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
yeah assuming the refs don't fall for the so called interference calls for setting picks!

There's nothing to fall for - all good teams are doing these types of things in the playoffs. Players become a lot stickier this time of year. If you're near them, you're going to get impeded little bit with sticks and hands and whatever else players can leverage. The Knights do it just as much as the Sharks.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
There's nothing to fall for - all good teams are doing these types of things in the playoffs. Players become a lot stickier this time of year. If you're near them, you're going to get impeded little bit with sticks and hands and whatever else players can leverage. The Knights do it just as much as the Sharks.

yes but Gallant keeps chirping the refs about it and telling them they're not calling it.

I'm just saying, it would be nice if there were legit ref calls when things go cuckoo!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
yes but Gallant keeps chirping the refs about it and telling them they're not calling it.

I'm just saying, it would be nice if there were legit ref calls when things go cuckoo!

DeBoer chirps the refs plenty too. It's not going to get out of hand. He's not like McLellan who would just let a lot of that stuff go unanswered.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

He's just trying to get calls. He complains literally every call against.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Had. Not so strong a game since March firing of original guy.
Screenshot_20180504-112631_Instagram.jpg

Idk this was pretty good lol

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
i feel like western sports fans are so generic and boring in regards to chants. im not a fan of soccer, but at least their fans sing through out the whole game and are loud the entire time.

"beat la'
"refs you suck"
"insert goalie's name here'
"defense!'
"lets go ---"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
i feel like western sports fans are so generic and boring in regards to chants. im not a fan of soccer, but at least their fans sing through out the whole game and are loud the entire time.

"beat la'
"refs you suck"
"insert goalie's name here'
"defense!'
"lets go ---"

The refs you suck thing is more recent and it's just terrible.

Reactions: SnarkAttack

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't know about that, I was at games almost went years ago when they were shouting that. Or some variation of it.

When I say recent, I mean in the last 15 years roughly. I remember first hearing it in Nashville. I hated it then. I hate it now. It's probably the most unimaginative chant ever created. This coming from a guy who watches wrestling and remembers when a Yes! chant was pretty big.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
When I say recent, I mean in the last 15 years roughly. I remember first hearing it in Nashville. I hated it then. I hate it now. It's probably the most unimaginative chant ever created. This coming from a guy who watches wrestling and remembers when a Yes! chant was pretty big.
That makes sense. When I say recent I usually mean in the last 5 years or so. So by your definition yes it was recent lol.

I am kinda meh on it honestly. Refs screw up just like players and in a 60 or more minute game I think I have only seen terrible reffing decide a game maybe once or twice. So for me the chant never made much sense. Just people complaining.

Though I don't think I'll ever forget watching a sharks game on a red wing broadcast and their announcers saying "marlue received a cross checking penalty. For wearing green I think." I thought it was hilarious at the time. Though I was drunk.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That makes sense. When I say recent I usually mean in the last 5 years or so. So by your definition yes it was recent lol.

I am kinda meh on it honestly. Refs screw up just like players and in a 60 or more minute game I think I have only seen terrible reffing decide a game maybe once or twice. So for me the chant never made much sense. Just people complaining.

Though I don't think I'll ever forget watching a sharks game on a red wing broadcast and their announcers saying "marlue received a cross checking penalty. For wearing green I think." I thought it was hilarious at the time. Though I was drunk.

It's definitely just people complaining and getting into the mob mentality that is part of the atmosphere of the game. My problem is not necessarily the why so much as it is the execution. It's just such a derpy chant to make an unsubtle insult with no creativity.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
It's definitely just people complaining and getting into the mob mentality that is part of the atmosphere of the game. My problem is not necessarily the why so much as it is the execution. It's just such a derpy chant to make an unsubtle insult with no creativity.
To be fair it's hard to be creative with 5 words or less.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
To be fair it's hard to be creative with 5 words or less.

That's why I'm a proponent of serenading instead. Serenading the refs or coming up with a singing insult to the refs that's a little more than you suck would be miles better. Literally anything would be better than refs you suck. Even putting the name of the ref making the call before you suck would be better. lol

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I know the 4th lines been good, but I feel like throwing in Hansen would be series changing if Thornton doesn't go in next game. Just do it! Why not, we don't have anything to lose until Tavares signs.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->