Series Talk: WCSF: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights

SJ vs. VGK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Honestly, if we lose, no big deal, if we couldn't get passed vegas, no way we'd beat Nashville or Winnipeg even if there was suspect officiating.

Reactions: Shark Finn

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Honestly, if we lose, no big deal, if we couldn't get passed vegas, no way we'd beat Nashville or Winnipeg even if there was suspect officiating.

I still think theres a strong chance the Sharks win this series so this is probably premature but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd still consider it a positive season overall. Swept their first round matchup as a lower seed and brought the division winner to the brink without a vital part of their core in the lineup for half the season + playoffs. The young core (Meier, Hertl, Joakie, Tierney, Labanc) all took positive steps and the cap situation is favorable going into this offseason. A lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I still think theres a strong chance the Sharks win this series so this is probably premature but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd still consider it a positive season overall. Swept their first round matchup as a lower seed and brought the division winner to the brink without a vital part of their core in the lineup for half the season + playoffs. The young core (Meier, Hertl, Joakie, Tierney, Labanc) all took positive steps and the cap situation is favorable going into this offseason. A lot to be proud of and a lot to look forward to.
I guess.

Still, I would be crushed. I know us Sharks fans should be used to failure, but losing in game 6 or 7 would still feel like a kick in the crotch

Reactions: Phu

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

That’s funny that you say that, because I think who ever wins this series goes to the finals. I watched the Jets and Preds series closely and I’m not very impressed. They’re both playing a pretty slow game right now.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
We've outplayed them in 3 games and they outplayed us in 2. Problem is we lost one of those three. That's how you lose a series, sigh.

EDIT: Question -- how many game 5s have we won tied 2-2? I can only remember the STL series. I swear game 5 is ALWAYS where we die.

Reactions: Friday

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
welp.. no Thornton. Also Hansen can’t even get on the fifth line, is he just sharpening skates and preparing Demelo and Karlsson’s meals?

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
We've outplayed them in 3 games and they outplayed us in 2. Problem is we lost one of those three. That's how you lose a series, sigh.

EDIT: Question -- how many game 5s have we won tied 2-2? I can only remember the STL series. I swear game 5 is ALWAYS where we die.

Same, always lose game 5

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
welp.. no Thornton. Also Hansen can’t even get on the fifth line, is he just sharpening skates and preparing Demelo and Karlsson’s meals?

c60MILh.gif

Reactions: Friday

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver

Lol what was the point of all that gamemenship? flaunting him during warmups, playing him on the first line in practice if he wasn’t even close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad