WCQF Game 2: Los Angeles Kings (WC1) vs Vegas Golden Knights (1) | 7:00 PT |ATTSN, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Weird, I got laughed down for suggesting that today.

But yes. I've been saying all year that Gallant tried to get his team to blend Pittsburgh's offensive system, with LA or Nashville's defensive style/system.

Something no one who says stuff like "the other 30 GMs in the league are incompetent morons" are ignoring.

Anyone that has seen GMGM in interviews should know he has a man crush for that organization. Of course it developed over time after several beatings :)

Reactions: HanSolo

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Bummer, hopefully game 3 looks a lot different. I don't mind if Vegas win the series but I wanna see them face a little adversity.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Knights have tough to match team speed.

Kings had their chances.

PP is so dang stagnant.

I have a feeling this one is done.

Proud of the gutsy performance from LA.

A win would have been huge.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was kind of hoping the Kings would win at least 1 game in the series, to wear down the Knights for the later rounds, esp vs the Sharks - but going to multiple overtime games before losing is almost as good.

YOu've won 1 game, and you're already picking out your round 2 opponent? Ballsy. Hockey gods love that sort of thing.

Haven't you guys seen this movie before? You would think of all teams...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Jonathan Quick is awesome. What a game.

Too bad the guy isn't getting any goal support. Too many times the Kings have passed up shots or just hesitated before shooting and it gets blocked. The OT goal came off exactly that, Clifford waited an extra sec to get the one timer off and it was blocked.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Talon70

May 23, 2012
Honolulu, HI
You need to undermine the accomplishment of the winning team to make yourself feel better about losing? This is the second time you've done this. Don't be so insecure.

You’ve responded in kind twice to factual statements but you call me insecure?

Vegas has won two, one- goal games at home to a Kings team playing without their top blue liners. That is a fact. Tonight the Kings were without Doughty-Vegas still needed double OT. That is a fact.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The margins of playoff hockey can be so thin.

Quick made so many saves and damn near got all 3 stars of the game.... and a pokecheck of all things ended up deciding the game.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Wouldn't count LA out yet completely. Team just seems to hang on by a thread and will probably extend the series to 6 or 7.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
What game did you just watch?

To keep from any misconception of trolling.

Tuch goal: Scored on the powerplay after sustained zone time
Haula goal: yeah he scored off the rush, but all 5 Knights got the zone entry on the play

But beyond that, I don't think it's a liberal estimate to say 65% of this game was played in the Kings' defensive zone.

Powerplays don’t count as establishing the zone cause they’re up a player lol cmon man

And LA was missing a lot of players but usually that wouldn’t be the case

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Is this offsides?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.55.44 PM.png

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Must have been agony for fans of botteams, but as an observer that game was insane. Well done by Vegas they just keep crushing expectations.
Meh, its sports sometimes you come out on the short side of things. Looking forward to Sunday when the Kings will hopefully pot 4 goals and actually decide to help Quick out.

Reactions: Quality McOil

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
You’ve responded in kind twice to factual statements but you call me insecure?

Vegas has won two, one- goal games at home to a Kings team playing without their top blue liners. That is a fact. Tonight the Kings were without Doughty-Vegas still needed double OT. That is a fact.
The one huge fact you choose to leave out is Quick playing like god goalie. Even just a good playing Quick the Kings loose and badly. They have been out played badly the only reason it has been close is Quick and that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->