WCQF Game 2: Los Angeles Kings (WC1) vs Vegas Golden Knights (1) | 7:00 PT |ATTSN, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon70

May 23, 2012
Honolulu, HI
The one huge fact you choose to leave out is Quick playing like god goalie. Even just a good playing Quick the Kings loose and badly. They have been out played badly the only reason it has been close is Quick and that's all.

God-mode Quick still doesn’t negate the fact that the Kings have been playing without their top defensemen. They had a chance to win tonight with no Doughty.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can't count the Kings out yet. Vegas could only score 2 against the Kings--at home--with no Doughty and the League doesn't appear to have any questionable ways to help Vegas going into Game 3 so let's see how that goes.

Kopitar suspended a game for headbutting McNabb's shoulder nowhere near the puck.

Reactions: KingTrouty and Phu

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
What game did you just watch?

To keep from any misconception of trolling.

Tuch goal: Scored on the powerplay after sustained zone time
Haula goal: yeah he scored off the rush, but all 5 Knights got the zone entry on the play

But beyond that, I don't think it's a liberal estimate to say 65% of this game was played in the Kings' defensive zone.

Scored on a bullshit, "Vegas Special" goaltender interference penalty.

Vegas is fortunate to be up 2-0. I'll give Game 1, but the Kings we're screwed in Game 2 and still almost won.

I don't think much of this Kings team, but I know this Vegas team is a fraud.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can easily see the Kings taking the next two at Staples Center.

Yeah it's downplayed because the Kings hung in there but Doughty was a 60% CF the other night while the next closest d-man was 35%. We saw that happen again tonight, just minus Doughty.

This board f***ing hates him but he's a significant source of the Kings transition as well as defense and offense obviously.

Muzzin should be back as well. If not for Game 3, certainly before we're flat-out eliminated.

So many people in this thread didn't realize our top two d-men by minutes were Alec Martinez and Oscar Fantenberg. I bet dollars to donuts no one knew the second dude. That's the D we rolled out tonight in the absence of Doughty (thanks, selective punk ass NHL), Muzzin, Forbort.

Fantenberg played more minutes in this game than in all of 2018.

Reactions: KingTrouty

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Vegas earned every bit of their two wins.
Indeed. I really don’t understand this narrative that the NHL has tipped the scales for LV. I mean, the expansion draft rules were basically the same as other years, right? And they managed to find a ton of diamonds in the rough. And they play an honest strong brand of hockey. I’d say this is worthy of applause, not scorn. Rooting for them now.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yeah it's downplayed because the Kings hung in there but Doughty was a 60% CF the other night while the next closest d-man was 35%. We saw that happen again tonight, just minus Doughty.

This board ****ing hates him but he's a significant source of the Kings transition as well as defense and offense obviously.

Muzzin should be back as well. If not for Game 3, certainly before we're flat-out eliminated.

So many people in this thread didn't realize our top two d-men by minutes were Alec Martinez and Oscar Fantenberg. I bet dollars to donuts no one knew the second dude. That's the D we rolled out tonight in the absence of Doughty (thanks, selective punk ass NHL), Muzzin, Forbort.

Fantenberg played more minutes in this game than in all of 2018.

Look at these ice times .Fantenberg TOI is crazy and he did great!

stats.jpg

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

This board ****ing hates him but he's a significant source of the Kings transition as well as defense and offense obviously.

Oh yes, as a Sharks fan I know exactly how good Doughty is. Even with him in, though, I don't think LA wins this one if Quick was merely great, instead of Hasek-in-godmode-level good. Quick was really the only reason this one was even vaguely close. I know Doughty will make a huge difference, but I still don't think it'll be enough for LA to realistically have a chance of winning this series, unless some other people on that team also make a big step forward. If LA wins this, it'll be because Quick stole it.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh yes, as a Sharks fan I know exactly how good Doughty is. Even with him in, though, I don't think LA wins this one if Quick was merely great, instead of Hasek-in-godmode-level good. Quick was really the only reason this one was even vaguely close. I know Doughty will make a huge difference, but I still don't think it'll be enough for LA to realistically have a chance of winning this series, unless some other people on that team also make a big step forward. If LA wins this, it'll be because Quick stole it.

Quicks' gotta be the best player regardless, I agree.

Just pointing out one of the big reasons the offense couldn't get moving is the lack of Drew most notably but also Muzzin.

Reactions: Legionnaire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->