WCQF Game 2: Los Angeles Kings (WC1) vs Vegas Golden Knights (1) | 7:00 PT |ATTSN, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Knew it was a matter of time for awhile. I don't even know if LA established possession in the offensive zone that whole second OT.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Its really just the forecheck of Vegas that makes it so hard for other teams to break out of their own end. There is always some one moving towards the puck.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Great display of hockey. Even after two OTs, VGK are faster than most teams. I’m on the bandwagon. Can’t give McPhee enough credit, he plucked a lot of talent buried in other organizations.

LA doesn’t have the speed or pace to win this series.
This goes back to something I said all year but nobody really gave much notice to.

Whoever is in charge of Vegas' conditioning needs to get a huge amount of credit. Not only are Vegas fast, but they can stay fast for a long time. They remained the faster team through nearly 100 minutes of hockey.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Cinderella season doesn't even do it justice. Pretty glad the NHL decided to go with Vegas over Quebec City honestly. In that town if you want to put on a show you'd better come correct.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Honestly I think it was survival mode 99% of the game for LA :laugh:

Kings only hope is to bounce back at home and hope Quick can steal Game 5 at T-Mobile, but the forwards have to show up.

Only saw the OT so can't really comment on the rest of the game but it sure was all Vegas in there. The Kings looked like they were skating in quicksand.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who was that on left defense for LA? Major screw-up.

Well maybe not. Winger could have picked the guy off too.

Our f***ing #9 d-man.

Missing Doughty, Muzzin and Forbort, just in case anyone forgot. But yeah, LOL Kings.

Yep. Take that performance from Quick, add Doughty and Muzzin and home ice. I guarantee not 5 posters loling in this thread have even heard of the dude who logged the 2nd most ice time in the game.

Looking forward to Game 3.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The Kings have experience in rallying down 0-2, but Vegas seems different compared to the 2013 Blues/2014 Sharks
Sharks were putting much worse whippings on the Kings in 2014 first 2 games, 7-2 and 6-3 and people were saying the same thing Kings did not belong on the ice with them.

Not same Kings team though, but until LA loses at home, series has not yet started. At least Doughty will be rested.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Maybe quick steals one at home but the king's just look outclassed in every other way. This series is just about over.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Only saw the OT so can't really comment on the rest of the game but it sure was all Vegas in there. The Kings looked like they were skating in quicksand.

It got really bad at the end but Vegas was in control the majority of the game, I can probably count on one hand how many sustained shifts the Kings had in the offensive zone all 5 periods combine don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad