Speculation: Next contract for Steven Stamkos

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
7x10 I’d guess.

Jesus didn’t realize he was so old. Maybe more like 5x10.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Don't know how much he'll get, but I think Detroit makes a lot of sense. Wings are a team that is knocking on the doorstep to the playoffs, and Tampa is on their way out. He can go back to center (behind Larkin) and be near his hometown of Toronto. And he'd be reunited with Stevie Y.

Certainly depends on the cap situation, but again, it makes sense.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about it TBH but I'd bet (a small amount of) money that he follows Killorn/Verbeek to Anaheim next year and becomes a temporary captain for us until one of our young forwards is ready to replace him.

IIRC Verbeek's son even retweeted an article about Stamkos' future not too long ago.

Probably something like 3x7.5 as someone said above, or 4x6.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If the Sharks were to land Celebrini, I would throw $9M x 3 years at Stamkos to play on his wing. Really will depend on what Stamkos wants to do. Does he want to chase another Cup? Is just being on a winning team important? Does he want to be a mentor?

Will definitely be interesting to see where he leans.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There's some rebuilding teams that would throw money at him. For contender, it would come down to - 1. where in the lineup is he play? 2. Will he be one of the main weapons on your powerplay? I think contenders would want a more realistic price than 9 with more than 1 year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There's some rebuilding teams that would throw money at him. For contender, it would come down to - 1. where in the lineup is he play? 2. Will he be one of the main weapons on your powerplay? I think contenders would want a more realistic price than 9 with more than 1 year.
Talk on Montreal board some of their fans want to offer him 12m per for 2 years. I don't know myself

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I highly doubt he goes to some of the dogshit teams being mentioned here just to chase the bag.

If Tampa can't make the money work, I think he ends up in Nashville. A team that over performed this year, has cap space, is still in that southeast region, and has too many important players on the wrong side of 30 to throw in the towel just yet

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
There are Tampa fans who are willing to throw every penny available to him with the new Cap.
That being typed, fans who have removed their rose-colored glasses understand that he is not the even strength player he once was, and they could use that Cap space in a much more efficient manner to help fill out the roster with respectable players.
Stamkos has the awards and Cups from the Lightning, it is now time for him to get the final contract paycheck that he has not had in Tampa Bay and will not be able to get from them due to Cap issues.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad