WCQF Game 2: Los Angeles Kings (WC1) vs Vegas Golden Knights (1) | 7:00 PT |ATTSN, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Missing Doughty, Muzzin and Forbort, just in case anyone forgot. But yeah, LOL Kings.
I've been crediting LA's forwards all night for helping limit Vegas from getting high quality scoring chances, but they absolutely did not give enough offensive support. Even with Doughty and Muzzin back in, that's something LA needs to look to amend going forward.

Reactions: BringTheReign

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Our ****ing #9 d-man.

Yep. Take that performance from Quick, add Doughty and Muzzin and home ice. I guarantee not 5 posters loling in this thread have even heard of the dude who logged the 2nd most ice time in the game.

Looking forward to Game 3.
Yup, mouth-breathers always ignoring the facts.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Vegas just making alot of the other teams look bad and exposing them for how bad they're being run.
what, you want every team in the NHL to go round up every 2nd and 3rd line player and not pay any stars?

f*** off man. they're taking advantage of the benefits they've been given by the expansion draft, there's no way you can blame other GMs for being unable to do this

they're playing great hockey, i'm not taking anything away from them but using this as a platform to shit talk other GMs? nah.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Having Doughty and possibly Muzzin back for 3 will make big difference. Not sure who is hurt for Kings for forwards but it looks like they need to get some speed in the lineup.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s almost like the Knights have modeled themselves after the Pens.....
Weird, I got laughed down for suggesting that today.

But yes. I've been saying all year that Gallant tried to get his team to blend Pittsburgh's offensive system, with LA or Nashville's defensive style/system.

Something no one who says stuff like "the other 30 GMs in the league are incompetent morons" are ignoring.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Vegas needs double overtime to beat a Doughty-less Kings team also missing two more of its top 4 defensemen?

You need to undermine the accomplishment of the winning team to make yourself feel better about losing? This is the second time in as many days that you've done this. Don't be so insecure.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah they score off rushes, they never really gain the zone
What game did you just watch?

To keep from any misconception of trolling.

Tuch goal: Scored on the powerplay after sustained zone time
Haula goal: yeah he scored off the rush, but all 5 Knights got the zone entry on the play

But beyond that, I don't think it's a liberal estimate to say 65% of this game was played in the Kings' defensive zone.

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad