WCQF Game 1 | Kings vs Golden Knights | 10 PM ET | NBCSN,CBC,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Why aren't you? Vegas won, and not just won, but got a shutout, with the discarded defenders that they have. It's unfair and a little silly to blame Fantenberg and Ladue when they weren't even on the ice for any goals against. BTW, Fantenberg had the 2nd-most hits of the Kings' defense corps tonight and Ladue had as many hits as Doughty.
But were they out for any goals scored? They couldn't contribute offensively. I'm not blaming everything on them. Just don't feel we'll win in the playoffs with a pairing that hasn't played regularly in a season yet jump into the playoffs out of nowhere. Toffoli has been useless for the past half season +.Theodore was discarded? None of the players on their roster were "discarded". No team wanted to give up Neal, Theodore, Fleury, Perron, etc.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Had our playoff draft tonight and i was pleasantly surprised how many guys took Knights.
Not so many doubters now.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
He has not received nearly enough credit for his play over the last several seasons: .920+ Sv% 3 out of the last 4 regular seasons.

Playoffs
2013-14 | .915
2014-15 | .927
2015-16 | ---
2016-17 | .924*
Now starting 2017-18 with a shutout.

*He's always an afterthought when people discuss last year's Penguins. Dude played out of his ****ing mind to get them to the ECF. Washington absolutely toyed them.

Anyway... :handclap:

Looks like you posted 2 out of last 4 seasons at a + .920

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ah, yes. The myth returns.
Witnessing all the posts in tonight's GDT shows how much a lot of these posters don't watch the Kings. So many WTF moments.
Does that myth encapsulate the guy being careless with his crosschecks like the one on Miller tonight?

Or the one on a defenseless Justin Schultz?
Knights get exposed this series, playoff hockey is different than speedy "regular season" hockey
Clearly this game was evidence of that, mate.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This game by LA showed you why LA would be without a doubt maybe the best landing spot for Tavares outside of San Jose if you want to take the 8 teams who made the postseason

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I hope Barry Trotz and the entire Capital's coaching staff watched this game and realized that having a lead does not equal spending the whole game in your own zone. Terrific game, good for Vegas.

Maybe Karlsson is a really good player. I know he is not supposed to be, I know all about shooting percentages and appropriate peaking years, etc. He just plays as if he is really good at hockey. Got me fooled, anyway.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This game by LA showed you why LA would be without a doubt maybe the best landing spot for Tavares outside of San Jose if you want to take the 8 teams who made the postseason
Since the Kings can afford him.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
A beer league goalie would of had a shutout. Kings had maybe 2 chances all night

So confusing.. some are saying this is a great game?

Seems like a right stinker to me.. unless there's some absolutely amazing goalie hi lights.

I'm putting my money on a defensive snoozefest where the teams just checked each other to death and nothing really dangerous ever happend.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hope Barry Trotz and the entire Capital's coaching staff watched this game and realized that having a lead does not equal spending the whole game in your own zone. Terrific game, good for Vegas.

Maybe Karlsson is a really good player. I know he is not supposed to be, I know all about shooting percentages and appropriate peaking years, etc. He just plays as if he is really good at hockey. Got me fooled, anyway.
It just took some confidence. He even said himself he's not an Ovechkin type goal scorer. He looks for opportunites and from that we probably won't see another 40 goal year from him again but he earned his goals this year and he does so much more with and away from the puck. He is a legit top 6 center and I don't think there's any denying that anymore. He won't go the full Cheechoo and fall to the AHL getting outscored by rejects and guys waiting for their shot.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
That hit by Doughty looks worse the more you see it.
the media alreay made up there minds....no SD coming...and it is hits like that why the NHL with have lawsuits of former players saying "the NHL did nothing"....im not saying it should or shouldnt be a suspenssion/fine but he got his head scrambled on that hit...so say whatever you want about inital point of contact but does it really matter if someone still takes a shoulder to the head that hard?

Reactions: HanSolo

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Had our playoff draft tonight and i was pleasantly surprised how many guys took Knights.
Not so many doubters now.

I thought they would be better than your average expansion team. But absolutely no one saw this coming. Not even the brand new Vegas fans.

Even Colorado fans had some high expectations when Quebec moved there in '95. That team was already a legit contender.

Reactions: bukwas

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It just took some confidence. He even said himself he's not an Ovechkin type goal scorer. He looks for opportunites and from that we probably won't see another 40 goal year from him again but he earned his goals this year and he does so much more with and away from the puck. He is a legit top 6 center and I don't think there's any denying that anymore. He won't go the full Cheechoo and fall to the AHL getting outscored by rejects and guys waiting for their shot.

Crazy because he's never even scored at a 30 goal pace at ANY level!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
On a scale of 1 to Brian Elliott, how stoppable was the game's only goal from Quick's perspective?

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Bettman right now

giphy.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Crazy because he's never even scored at a 30 goal pace at ANY level!
A lot of it comes with the chemistry that just oozed out of his line.

I've been telling Ducks fans all year. Short of putting him on the wing with Getzlaf, there was no way he was scoring anywhere near these numbers had he stayed with Anaheim. If Carlyle had even given him the chance, which he wouldn't have.

Karlsson is definitely living a best case scenario right now but one that allowed his game to evolve and progress in a way no one saw coming. I mean at the start of the year he looked horrible. But day by day he got better and better.

All that said, Marchesseault is the star forward on this team. And a special mention ought to go to Perron who has finally been playing to his potential with this team.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Speaking of Perron, I really hope the Knights get him back soon. The second line works so much better with him playing keep away in the offensive zone and feeding great chances to Haula and Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->