GKpvAGL.jpg

VtS6TjO.jpg

1uJzoet.jpg

ZSvFmq1.jpg

5mITHNs.jpg

TkvX0cD.jpg

PwllCvL.jpg

7dLBlBt.jpg

(you didn't really think we were gonna escape the Kings-Knights clichés, did you? Should have lowered your expectations.)

It's finally here! The moment nobody thought would ever happen.

Starting lineups

Vegas Golden Knights
1H3CPNP.png

Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Neal Haula Tuch
Tatar Eakin Carpenter
Nosek Bellemare Carrier

McNabb Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
Merrill Miller

Fleury

Injured: Perron, Sbisa (confirmed)
Scratched: Reaves, Lindberg, Hunt

Los Angeles Kings
:kings
(not confirmed)
Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Rieder Carter Toffoli
Pearson Kempe Lewis
Clifford Thompson Mitchell

Fantenberg Doughty
Martinez Folin
Phaneuf LA Dude

Quick

Injured: Muzzin(game time decision), Forbort
Scratched: Amadio, Andreoff, Gravel

LAjunzf.jpg

mhhskps.jpg

Last edited:

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
it's really fascinating to hear so many, so many people thinking the Kings will steam roll the Knights. I had a long drive this morning and everyone on Sirus NHL was picking the Kings. I have no idea why. I am not saying they will not but they Kings really struggled against teams that had speed the whole year. They might eventually win because of experience and Jonathan Quick, but I don't think it will be as easy as people think it is.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let's go Knights. Looking forward to seeing 43 goal scorer William Karlsson tonight.

That's f***ing terrifying.

it's really fascinating to hear so many, so many people thinking the Kings will steam roll the Knights. I had a long drive this morning and everyone on Sirus NHL was picking the Kings. I have no idea why. I am not saying they will not but they Kings really struggled against teams that had speed the whole year. They might eventually win because of experience and Jonathan Quick, but I don't think it will be as easy as people think it is.

I haven't seen literally anyone but trolls say LA will steamroll VGK. I've seen a lot of people pick Kings in 6 or 7, and I think the longer the series goes the better it bodes for the Kings, but no way it's a walk. Personally I feel like VGK wins in 4 or 5 otherwise LA wins, but there's so many different factors in this series I can't even predict it.

Only thing I predict is the first 10 minutes of this game is gonna be VGK running LA out of the building, my god, I'm almost excited for it myself since it will be the first 10 minutes of playoff hockey in what's already an electric building.

Reactions: ShonSaunders

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

Id say it has a lot to do with experience, and the styles of the teams. LA is a gritty, defensive, experienced group. Vegas is fast, all offense, and doesn’t have near the playoff experience.

Defense wins championships, though more and more the game is becoming more offensive. LAK are not your average 7 seed. Really would’ve preferred walking all over Colorado or St Louis.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

The present Kings are a different team than the first-half Kings. Almost every player we added at forward is a speedster.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
to the new fans of the vegas team there is literally nothing in sports that is as intense, electrifying , heart breaking and exhilarating as playoff hockey , if you get a chance see a game in person do it nothing at all like it there is almost a electricity in the air unmatched in any other sport and once you get it its addictive and you suffer from withdrawals when your team doesn't qualify or is eliminated and that's only the first round , good luck and hope you have a good time this series and mediocre success GO KINGS GO

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
7:00 PM Pacific
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV

:vegas vs :kings

Qghbs64.jpg

kwsNvMa.jpg

rPJoeGZ.jpg

1e1fGtt.jpg

nR241Bp.jpg

GKpvAGL.jpg

VtS6TjO.jpg

1uJzoet.jpg

ZSvFmq1.jpg

5mITHNs.jpg

TkvX0cD.jpg

PwllCvL.jpg

7dLBlBt.jpg

(you didn't really think we were gonna escape the Kings-Knights clichés, did you? Should have lowered your expectations.)

It's finally here! The moment nobody thought would ever happen.

Starting lineups

Vegas Golden Knights
1H3CPNP.png

Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Neal Haula Tuch
Tatar Eakin Carpenter
Nosek Bellemare Carrier

McNabb Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
Merrill Miller

Fleury

Injured: Perron, Sbisa (confirmed)
Scratched: Reaves, Lindberg, Hunt

Los Angeles Kings
:kings
(not confirmed)
Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Rieder Carter Toffoli
Pearson Kempe Lewis
Clifford Thompson Mitchell

Fantenberg Doughty
Martinez Folin
Phaneuf LA Dude

Quick

Injured: Muzzin(game time decision), Forbort
Scratched: Amadio, Andreoff, Gravel

LAjunzf.jpg

mhhskps.jpg

How is there not a King Slayer quote in there :(

Reactions: MordredGK

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

This is where the whole "built for the playoffs" thing comes into play. It is easy to struggle against teams with speed when you are a physical team over just one game. But they are a team that can grind you down over the course of 7 games and neutrlize that speed advantage.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
to the new fans of the vegas team there is literally nothing in sports that is as intense, electrifying , heart breaking and exhilarating as playoff hockey , if you get a chance see a game in person do it nothing at all like it there is almost a electricity in the air unmatched in any other sport and once you get it its addictive and you suffer from withdrawals when your team doesn't qualify or is eliminated and that's only the first round , good luck and hope you have a good time this series and mediocre success GO KINGS GO
I've been telling all my friends who have recently gone hockey mad with the arrival of the Knights they need to shell out some cash and attend a game. I'm just sad the only way I'll be able to make it to a VGK playoff game live is if they make the finals...or late stages of the WCF :cry:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The present Kings are a different team than the first-half Kings. Almost every player we added at forward is a speedster.

Seems to be overlooked. Gone are guys like Dwight King, Dowd, Nolan, McNabb, Greene, Purcell, etc. and incoming are full-on speedsters like Iafallo, Kempe, Rieder and Mitchell. Not the fastest team in the league by any means but they can actually catch up to throw their checks now :D Basically every line added huge speed and tenacity to their core.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'd just like to say that I wish that the mods wouldn't close the series threads so early. It bugs me every year because it's frustrating to log on in the middle of the day, read through a page or two of replies since the night before and not be able to respond to any of them for another 6-12 hours, after the game has ended and whatever I wanted to chat about is no longer very relevant. I think that people can be trusted to be smart enough to mostly keep series talk in the series thread and game talk in the GDT thread while both are open at the same time, at least before the game starts. The series threads might be closed shortly before the game (or before the first game of the night), but doing so 6-8 hours before seems extremely early.

Muzzin is questionable every night, especially when he's playing. /rimshot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->