WCQF Game 1 | Kings vs Golden Knights | 10 PM ET | NBCSN,CBC,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
It was definitely a penalty but the narrative is 'bawwww dustin brown goalie runner at it again' when he literally fell down.

im not into labeling people. just dont get how you can defend that play.....

he fell into him on his own. call it and move on.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Vegas Golden Knights are such a great story. Hats off to Bill Foley for hiring the right people and to George McPhee for putting this team together. Typically if something succeeds right away it's because it was thought through very well. To get a playoff win in their first year as a franchise is a great accomplishment, to do it as the division winner is honestly pretty jaw dropping.

I will also say Gerard Gallant deserves a ton of credit. As do the players. I had them finishing dead last, but the way they play as a team caught my attention early on.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not even mad really, just a hell of a game all around. No lack of effort, airtight all around, beating each other into paste mostly cleanly, building a rivalry. Goalies both answered all the questions about them tonight, I think this one is going the distance

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
im not into labeling people. just dont get how you can defend that play.....

he fell into him on his own. call it and move on.
Honestly, to me, the more egregious offense was the crosscheck on Miller. I hold the unpopular opinion that Brown isn't an inherently dirty player who strives to hurt others. I just think he's reckless and often times his brain shuts off on plays, like the crosscheck on Schultz that he didn't get a suspension for.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings played Sutter hockey tonight, and they almost got away with it.

On to game 2, guessing it will be of the 2-1 variety.

Reactions: Butsy Erickson

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Not even mad really, just a hell of a game all around. No lack of effort, airtight all around, beating each other into paste mostly cleanly, building a rivalry. Goalies both answered all the questions about them tonight, I think this one is going the distance

this could be a good one.

kings arent gonna go down easy. cant wait.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If the Vikings could tackle as good as the Wild and Kings... They'd likely be superbowl champs.

Fell asleep after the first... Cringe opening there in Vegas with the Knight battling the King or whatever that was.

Refs really need to start calling interference and obstruction more as these games tonight were really just 2 slow teams in LA and Minny pretty much tackling The faster skilled teams in WPG and Vegas all game long.

Boring really... Call this clutching and grabbing and interference and tackles and you get a more exciting game that rewards speed and skill instead of.. I dunno... Rewarding teams for being basically slow and boring

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If the Vikings could tackle as good as the Wild and Kings... They'd likely be superbowl champs.

Fell asleep after the first... Cringe opening there in Vegas with the Knight battling the King or whatever that was.

Refs really need to start calling interference and obstruction more as these games tonight were really just 2 slow teams in LA and Minny pretty much tackling The faster skilled teams in WPG and Vegas all game long.

But you just admitted you didn't watch so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Boring really... Call this clutching and grabbing and interference and tackles and you get a more exciting game that rewards speed and skill instead of.. I dunno... Rewarding teams for being basically slow and boring

Easy to tell which fanbases haven’t experienced much playoff hockey...

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I saw all i needed 2 in the first to know exactly what was about to happen... Slow boring team gets away with basically wrestling moves to the faster more skilled team all game long. I fell asleep cuz it was Boring AF

The Kings actually had the better scoring chances and shot attempts thru the end of the 1st.

Just stick to 'lol didn't watch,' you're more accurate that way, your eye test and crystal ball are both faulty.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Fleury barely had to do anything, so he didn't answer any questions.

The Kings had nothing going in that 3rd

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
ha ha ha, so did they just bring some actors over from Excalibur?

nah they hired jim carey

200.gif

Reactions: fsanford

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Easy to tell which fanbases haven’t experienced much playoff hockey...

Riiight. Ive watched hockey and played my whole life.. If u think clutching and grabbing and tackling and constant interference is exciting and how the playoffs should be played then i dunno what to say. Yes why reward speed and skill when u can reward boring slow teams like LA and Minny.

For sure... While we are at it.. Lets bring back the neutral zone trap. So exciting .

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Riiight. Ive watched hockey and played my whole life.. If u think clutching and grabbing and tackling and constant interference is exciting and how the playoffs should be played then i dunno what to say. Yes why reward speed and skill when u can reward boring slow teams like LA and Minny.

I honestly have no idea what game you were watching, please show me where the Wild and Kings were openly tackling the other teams? What an overexaggeration from someone who admits they didn’t watch the game :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just in case anyone doubts the magnificence of Drew Doughty and the impact of missing Muzzin--Kings were 42.55 CF% as a team. Drew Doughty was 59.57% for a 34.04 CF%rel, and was also on for 66% of the high danger corsi for, 26.67 relative to team. Despite the toughest zone starts and an AHL partner.

Fantenberg, his partner of course, was right behind him, but beyond that--the next best d-man was Phaneuf at 35.71%.

Drew's pretty important.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I honestly have no idea what game you were watching, please show me where the Wild and Kings were openly tackling the other teams? What an overexaggeration from someone who admits they didn’t watch the game :laugh:
I saw Byfuglien wrap up a few guys, does that count? Now I only saw 1 period, but is all I needed to see to know Byfuglien was interfering and clutching all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->