WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I think if Doughty didn't give a round of applause and use the "cant x if you don't y" meme on Marchesseault after he got away with what should've been a concurrent penalty, people wouldn't have much to meme with.

Sorry I probably shouldn’t edit in two more paragraphs :laugh: but again it just feels like people getting angry over a player showing personality. If this was your typical good ole Canadian boy like McDavid or Weber I think these same people would applaud them

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think if Doughty didn't give a round of applause and use the "cant x if you don't y" meme on Marchesseault after he got away with what should've been a concurrent penalty, people wouldn't have much to meme with.

It goes past that. You'd be amazed at how a bit of success throws the rival fans against your team. There are some old grudges that die hard. People revel in Doughty being on the receiving end. It's all good though, if Vegas have a decent run of things you boys will cop it. I still f***ing hate perron btw

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For the record this is more for all the random Ducks, Canucks, and Sens fans who seem to keep bringing Drew up. I’m really not even trying to chirp, it’s just amusing that so many people get joy out of him having a bad night. If he wasn’t in their heads they wouldn’t care so much about him doing what he always does haha

I think it comes down to the fact that some fans can’t deal with an emotional, cocky player like Doughty who isn’t afraid to talk **** but can back it up on the ice, well besides the 3rd goal but you get me. I think a lot of Hockey fans can’t deal with players who have personality, and that’s why we see guys like Doughry and Subban get a lot of backlash.

But yeah at the end of the day it’s a 3-0 series and it would be silly to try to chirp right now, it’s just funny to see people celebrate that 3rd goal like their team won the cup lol

I mean that's understandable but think about it from Vegas' perspective.

-This is a franchise that has never been in the playoffs
-Many of the players have never seen playoff action or had any kind of success in the postseason
-Tonight was LA's turn to absolutely outwork the Knights and despite the equalizer, Vegas looked like they were playing with anxiety. I think Karlsson's goal was the only thing that broke Quick being in their heads (by the way, I'll grant you that Quick was in all our heads including the Knights players)
-Going up 3-1 with little time left in the game inched them really close to taking a commanding lead in the series. I think to everyone that's a big deal. 2-1 makes it interesting but still a rough challenge. 3-1 you can afford to breath a bit.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Doughty being in the Knights heads isn't paying off. He should stick to playing good hockey like he can instead of being a punk and getting away from his game, but I'll take it as he's not helping the Kings win. Let's see if the Kings will fight back in game 4 or pack it up. The Knights smell blood and I expect to see mistakes made by the inexperienced Kings players like Fantenwhatever whiffing on that awful pinch on Neal.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
This, not sure why they did that, because they had Vegas coughing pucks up more than they had been doing as a result.

28 hits after 1 period, and it was a legit number, when I looked up at the scoreboard after period 2 I think it was like 38 hits..

Only way to slow down a fast team is keep pounding them.

I don’t think that is necessarily true. That was Torts and the Jackets plan last year against the Pens and it didn’t work.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I mean that's understandable but think about it from Vegas' perspective.

-This is a franchise that has never been in the playoffs
-Many of the players have never seen playoff action or had any kind of success in the postseason
-Tonight was LA's turn to absolutely outwork the Knights and despite the equalizer, Vegas looked like they were playing with anxiety. I think Karlsson's goal was the only thing that broke Quick being in their heads (by the way, I'll grant you that Quick was in all our heads including the Knights players)
-Going up 3-1 with little time left in the game inched them really close to taking a commanding lead in the series. I think to everyone that's a big deal. 2-1 makes it interesting but still a rough challenge. 3-1 you can afford to breath a bit.

I should’ve been more clear lol I have no issues with Vegas fans you guys have been great all series, I was speaking more about other fans who aren’t contributing anything besides bashing Doughty. Honestly Vegas fans could be way more pompous after how this series has gone :laugh: I have nothing but respect for you guys

Last edited:

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry I probably shouldn’t edit in two more paragraphs :laugh: but again it just feels like people getting angry over a player showing personality. If this was your typical good ole Canadian boy like McDavid or Weber I think these same people would applaud them
Not at all, players with personalities are great for the game but Doughty is known for being a crying little bitch. He is one if not the best current defenseman but he tries to act like a pest and it doesn't work well unfortunately for him.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Doughty clowned himself and hurt his team in the process. He should have shut his yapper about the suspension and not flail around like a lunatic in game 3. Play hockey ya goof you're good at it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This, not sure why they did that, because they had Vegas coughing pucks up more than they had been doing as a result.

28 hits after 1 period, and it was a legit number, when I looked up at the scoreboard after period 2 I think it was like 38 hits..

Only way to slow down a fast team is keep pounding them.

I don't think they stopped hitting voluntarily. Credit VGK for finding ways around it and for playing through the hits instead of shying away, which they had started to by the end of the first. I remember how much poise Nate Schmidt had all series and by the end of the first he was flinging backhands blindly up the boards to avoid contact.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It goes past that. You'd be amazed at how a bit of success throws the rival fans against your team. There are some old grudges that die hard. People revel in Doughty being on the receiving end. It's all good though, if Vegas have a decent run of things you boys will cop it. I still ****ing hate perron btw
I mean. I join Vegas fandom after almost 20 years of being a Ducks fan. I've got my reasons not to like LA. I also don't like Doughty much.

But I respect the hell out of the cup winning LA teams. Quick is a goalie to be remembered for the ages IMO, Kopitar is one hell of a hockey player and deserved the praise Toews got (well maybe not better than Crosby and top 100 NHLers all time, but he certainly deserved more praise than JT), and much as I don't like Doughty and his personality if you gave me the choice of any defenseman in the NHL I take Doughty without thinking twice.

I had my reasons for goofing on Doughty and I still go forward in the series recognizing he's a huge factor in the opponent's game and chances. I wouldn't say that means he's in my head, more that I just respect him for his talent and got amusement out of the irony of his behavior tonight.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I don’t think that is necessarily true. That was Torts and the Jackets plan last year against the Pens and it didn’t work.

Well again, the Kings actually had a very good period as a result, when you are not a speedy team you better make guys looking over their shoulder. Knights were looking over their shoulder in that period, but later on not so much because the hits were just not there.

And of course it is probably not realistic for them to keep up that pace. But it was fun while it lasted.

Well except for some east coast hockey snobs, who thought this was a boring game because not enough goals scored. That 5 -1 blowout, much more fun

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Doughty is exactly that, a good old Canadian boy. I love Doughty, but he has a point of intensity that does cross into insanity.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I should’ve been more clear lol I have no issues with Vegas fans you guys have been great all series, I was speaking more about other fans who aren’t contributing anything besides bashing Doughty. Honestly Vegas fans could be way more pompous after how this series has gone :laugh: I have nothing but respect for you’ve guys
Thanks man. I'll keep making concessions here and say this. I've personally witnessed some true dickheads among the LAK fanbase (though they exist in all fanbases), and had some terrible interactions with some of them, and watched other terrible interactions as a third party.

But by the by and on the whole, some of the best Kings fans I've encountered are on this site. Sure we bump heads when things get heated but I know you guys are passionate about the game and about your team. And when all's said and done, that's the best quality in any hockey fan.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I call your dysfunction, and raise you my Ducks!

I dunno, out of a few moments of Kopitar-Iafallo-Brown, Doughty, and occasionally Kempe (who I think has had a decent playoff debut, at least he selikes getting feisty), the Kings have been a mobile milk carton on the VGK side of the red line.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thanks man. I'll keep making concessions here and say this. I've personally witnessed some true ********s among the LAK fanbase (though they exist in all fanbases), and had some terrible interactions with some of them, and watched other terrible interactions as a third party.

But by the by and on the whole, some of the best Kings fans I've encountered are on this site. Sure we bump heads when things get heated but I know you guys are passionate about the game and about your team. And when all's said and done, that's the best quality in any hockey fan.

:cheers:

it's the drivebys, man, almost always is.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Well again, the Kings actually had a very good period as a result, when you are not a speedy team you better make guys looking over their shoulder. Knights were looking over their shoulder in that period, but later on not so much because the hits were just not there.

And of course it is probably not realistic for them to keep up that pace. But it was fun while it lasted.

Well except for some east coast hockey snobs, who thought this was a boring game because not enough goals scored. That 5 -1 blowout, much more fun

When it involves the Flyers getting blown out, then it’s much more fun!
I can also appreciate a tight defensive game as well.

Reactions: fsanford

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Vegas finished stronger in game 2, they finished stronger tonight. Kings don't seem like they have the endurance to go the full 60 (or OT).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
official thread theme

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad