WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018
I
In 3 cup appearances he rose the pine once.... '16.

He was 100% responsible for the 09 cup as far as being the goaltender.

And 17 he split 50% of the work.

Your comment whether intentional or not makes it seem like he was just riding pine for all 3 cups. That is false.

Not saying he is ROY JR. Because as a pens fan I'm well aware of his playoff meltdowns. But he had a fairly big hand in 2 out of his 3 cups.
Said I would give him two cups....but please twist my words/point more to your liking.

Reactions: USMC607

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I agree Fleury gets special treatment when always getting recognition for three cups. In contrast, how often is Tuukka Rask referred to as a Stanley Cup Champion by announcers? Hardly ever, because he was the backup that year.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No, the Wild would have been.

I agree with this.

OTOH I was worried about this series in terms of the injuries VGK could sustain that would harm them further into the playoff rounds. Jut need to make it through one more win healthy, however many games that takes.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Props to Gallant for benching Tatar. Tough to do it considering you just gave up a lot for him, but it was absolutely the right move, he’s been playing terribly.

Reactions: Seven0two

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Props to Gallant for benching Tatar. Tough to do it considering you just gave up a lot for him, but it was absolutely the right move, he’s been playing terribly.
For sure. He hasn't been displaying the same level of drive that his team mates have shown all season. Hopefully it wakes him up and he starts to compete at a level suitable to playoff hockey.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
From miscasts for other teams with a coach who was thrown to the curb all the way to Knighthood.

What a story for the Knights so far!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You Vegas fans can keep your butt ending Haula Hooper's, your axe swinging midget, your overhyped flower, your whining coach....and your refs.
And you Kings fans keep your fake tough guys that lay stupid interference hits and fake butt-ends while your coach tries to keep up the mantle for tough guy guy hockey while embellishing for penalties.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
These type of fans crack me up. "My team won because they are better! You all and your conspiracy theories! For shame!"
All majot sports are fixed to some degree. It's As Above, So Below. If world cup and soccer are fixed, the biggest sport in the world, you can damn well bet hockey is rigged to a degree as well.
LA has exactly one more penalty than Vegas. Gee the fix sure is in. I would think if the only way Vegas could beat LA was through ref interference, we'd see a bigger disparity but that doesn't help the narrative.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree Fleury gets special treatment when always getting recognition for three cups. In contrast, how often is Tuukka Rask referred to as a Stanley Cup Champion by announcers? Hardly ever, because he was the backup that year.
I guess my question is why does it matter? He had a very good year and a very good 3 games thus far. Did lack of cups matter when Giguere nearly won a cup for the Ducks in 03?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
LA has exactly one more penalty than Vegas. Gee the fix sure is in. I would think if the only way Vegas could beat LA was through ref interference, we'd see a bigger disparity but that doesn't help the narrative.

I've been one of the guys who has questioned officiating for a while regarding Vegas but at this point it obviously doesn't even matter, Vegas is clearly just flat out better. They have outplayed LA in every single game, including game 3 where the Kings had Muzzin and Doughty.

Reactions: ChanceVegas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad