WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He didn't blow the coverage, that's the Kings standard breakout on a faceoff win. Rieder just got beat by Smith to the loose puck and Muzzin chased a puck he was never going to win instead of staying with Karlsson. Doughty did absolutely nothing wrong on that play.

I think he could have read it and improvised but yeah since he's in their heads that's not gonna stop people from shitting on Drew there.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This Vegas team is a lot better than the 2014 Sharks, and this Kings team is not as good as the 2014 Kings team.

It’s over, and Bettman’s dream comes true.

Calm down about the 2014 Sharks. That was a flat out elite team that won 3 games against the best team in the NHL and had their best defenseman injured in game 5. They had more points than the Golden Knights did this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
how many of your last posts were about Drew Doughty?

At least you're owning it I guess.
RJ. I really like you as a poster. I honestly respect you a great deal despite supporting a rival team.

But I really don't get what this "Doughty is in your heads" is accomplishing. Does it make it sting any less? It just feels like a really flat brag given how everything unfolded here.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I feel the exact same way. San Jose isn't going to get dominated in flow of play the way that LA has been and if Martin Jones has learned one thing from Quick, it's how not to get out dueled in a playoff series - MAF might have 2 more Cups than Jones, but he also has about 5 more meltdowns. I just didn't want to mention SJ because I didn't want to be a homer, and until Thornton returns and plays like a HOFer again, I don't see SJ on the level of Winnipeg or Nashville.

Sharks are my pick for coming out of the Pacific for the WCF, I think playoff experience will matter more in this series because San Jose will battle more than LA has

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought that they are all supposed to be equally ****?
I would take unprepared for the NHL Cody Glass over Eakin most nights.

At least Glass might be creative with the puck. But hey, tonight he was a hero so kudos to him.

But really though, short of scoring 7+ goals on the way to a finals appearance, I actively welcome his being replaced on the roster.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
RJ. I really like you as a poster. I honestly respect you a great deal despite supporting a rival team.

But I really don't get what this "Doughty is in your heads" is accomplishing. Does it make it sting any less? It just feels like a really flat brag given how everything unfolded here.

Best post of this thread. I award you 8 Doughty Claps.

Reactions: HanSolo

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Going into the playoffs I had the Kings as a dark horse to go deep. And the Knights are up 3-0.... How can a team that has Derek Engelland and Brayden McNabb playing 20+ minutes all season be this good? Biggest chip on the shoulder in sports history.

Same reason Kevin Haller, Lyle Odelein and JJ Daignault can beat Wayne Gretzky in the finals. Witchcraft.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Doughty was too over the top tonight, that cost them. Also, the hitting is working against the Kings,they don't have the depth to play 5hat style. By the third period, the Kings are gassed and the Knights are still rolling 4 lines. They're killing themselves.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Going into the playoffs I had the Kings as a dark horse to go deep. And the Knights are up 3-0.... How can a team that has Derek Engelland and Brayden McNabb playing 20+ minutes all season be this good? Biggest chip on the shoulder in sports history.

This is where I'm at, these guys were utter plugs and now they are turning in huge quality minutes?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think he could have read it and improvised but yeah since he's in their heads that's not gonna stop people from ****ting on Drew there.

I didn't realize the point is getting into the heads of posters on HFBoards. Here I thought it was winning hockey games.... Congrats to Doughty and the Kings.

Doughty wasn't great tonight. That goal is arguably his fault. If you see your center and defensive partner in the corner, who do you think is covering the front of the net? Then again, he probably didn't expect his two teammates to lose a puck battle to one VGK player...which, ultimately, was why they scored. I give that play 3 fails.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Rofl this post unfolded like "with all due respect...you're an idiot"

Not bragging at all, was just pointing out that a hell of a game was played by VGK and some good fight was put up by LAK but Drew made so many people upset that the first three pages of this thread didn't say pretty much anything about the series but everything about Drew.

"We were without muzzin and doughty!" 5 Dought Claps for that excuse.

They played a hell of a lot better with them, that's for sure.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Exactly 50% of voters were wrong by saying LAK would win in 6 games or less. Hahahahahahaha!

I hope Vegas makes it to the Finals. What a Cinderella story - nobody could have possibly thought that expansion draft line-up was anything good (it looked like pure shit to me - and funnily enough I thought to myself "what the hell is Shipachyov thinking of going there... oh wait, he'll be their star player" yeesh)

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I think you are the perfect example of someone that RJ is talking about. If Doughty wasn’t in your head you wouldn’t mention him every single post lol

But the point is WHO GIVES A SHIT IF DOUGHTY IS IN OUR HEADS??? Hahaha, it's such a stupid thing to point out. "Oh, we're down 3-0 but boy oh boy, Doughty is sure in a lot of heads."

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think you are the perfect example of someone that RJ is talking about. If Doughty wasn’t in your head you wouldn’t mention him every single post lol
But why does it matter.

You're aware we live in a meme culture right? We aren't goofing on Doughty cause we are interminably intimidated by him (I will give you the concession that I think he's the best defenseman in the world). Doughty meme'd himself plain and simple.

Beating your chests that he's in our heads really isn't a good luck. It's really weaksauce as far as chirps go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad