WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, it' not Vegas in 4,...so let' keep some perspective. LA has actually come back from 3-0 before.

Meh, I think they'll win game 4 as a last desperate gasp as we've seen that so many times, but the road ends after that. They've been in every game and they've all been by 1 goal, but they don't have the fuel to burn when they need it late in the game. Can hold on as you can see by Game 2, which recalled that Game 5 vs. the Hawks in 2013 where they just wouldn't die, but that's pretty much the illustration of the series so far.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can can count on 1 hand where it has been a negative, will just agree to disagree.

Five times is still quite a few times, especially when it might've cost the team in the playoffs. His quip after going down 0-2 in 2016 might've given SJ a little extra motivation to finish them off, his quip earlier in the season might've given Vegas extra motivation when this series started, and his clap in tonight's game just seconds before the 2nd period ended might've angered and fueled the Knights during the intermission. They did come out a lot better in the 3rd period and scored 3 goals. Doughty's demeanor might've emboldened the opponent in both of the only two playoffs series that they've had in the last 4 years. Even if his behavior is usually positive in the regular season, if it's negative and costly in the postseason, that ought to be reason enough to not defend it, IMHO.

Last edited:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Meh, I think they'll win game 4 as a last desperate gasp as we've seen that so many times, but the road ends after that. They've been in every game and they've all been by 1 goal, but they don't have the fuel to burn when they need it late in the game. Can hold on as you can see by Game 2, which recalled that Game 5 vs. the Hawks in 2013 where they just wouldn't die, but that's pretty much the illustration of the series so far.

I'd almost suggest that they do a vlasic special to turn the tide, but who the hell cops it on Vegas, its like wave after wave of blue collar guys, Wild Bill is awesome, but would they really miss him?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Well the ceremony was last year and I remember how excruciating it was given that I was a few feet from the stage but other than that +1 on all that.

Thought it was late 2016 my mistake!! One more thing I’ve noticed is how knowledgeable Vegas fans are both with their team and hockey in general, I knew it would work eventually but I can’t lie it is surprising to see how fast the team took off popularity wise, T-Mobile was rocking every regular season game I saw and I would say you guys have a top-3 playoff crowd along with Nashville and Winnipeg

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Five times is still quite a few times, especially when it might've cost the team in the playoffs. His quip after going down 0-2 in 2016 might've given SJ a little extra motivation to finish them off, his quip earlier in the season might've given Vegas extra motivation when this series started, and his clap in tonight's game just seconds before the 2nd period ended might've angered and fueled the Knights during the intermission. They did come out a lot better in the 3rd period and scored two goals. Doughty's demeanor might've emboldened the opponent in both of the only two playoffs series that they've had in the last 4 years. Even if his behavior is usually positive in the regular season, if it's negatively and costly in the postseason, that ought to be reason enough to not defend it, IMHO.

What cost the Kings tonight, Toffoli continuing his absolutely un-explainable lost scoring touch, top half of that net was wide open, and he shoots it right into the pads. And there was no one near him either, he just muffed that up. Kings up 2-0 at that point.

Also Brown has suddenly morphed back into Brown circa 2016-2017, there were a couple of tips he should have had.

Now you might argue that he cost his team due to a hit in game 1 thus getting suspended for game 2, whether that should have been a suspension is still up for debate. But I don't think that was a selfish play

Kings stopped hitting, and Kings failed to take advantage of power plays.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I'd almost suggest that they do a vlasic special to turn the tide, but who the hell cops it on Vegas, its like wave after wave of blue collar guys, Wild Bill is awesome, but would they really miss him?
As a Sharks fan, this post makes me angry. I do not like this post.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
giphy.gif

Inspire them some more Doughty . Foolish player

Reactions: Chaflie

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
As a Sharks fan, this post makes me angry. I do not like this post.

Oh well, as a kings fan i'm not too worried. I don't think the Vlasic situation was intentional, but it certainly helped LA with the best defensive Dman on the opposite roster gone.

Reactions: Phu

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Drew Doughty = Hockey

No player symbolizes the sport better. If the NHL had more Doughty's it would be a very good thing.

Kings just aren't that good, not enough skilled forwards/scorers.

Socal looks to be out of the playoffs this week.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
they better hurt someone key soon if they want to do that again...

Already won Game 4 and up 2-0 in Game 5 when the injury happened. Kopitar, the guy he was matched up against the most, scored points in every game in that series. Injury or no injury. In other words, that had nothing to do with the outcome.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Best game of the series for LA, just shotgunned self to face in important moments. Super frustrating, because they've been in every game. Missed a few wonderful opportunities in game 1 (Brown empty net anyone?), held on for dear life in game 2 but Kopi shanked a shot wide open in the slot in OT, played in the big picture blow-for-blow in game 3. Came up short every time. Credit to VGK, of course, it's just crazy that it's ultimately been one goal every game.

I think they could win a game, hell they could even win 3 of 4 maybe, but not 4 consecutively, margin for error is too small as you can see.

Maybe game 4 will be the game of the series and we see the Kings as full-on wounded animal, maybe they just keel over with a whimper. Who knows with this team :laugh:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Oh well, as a kings fan i'm not too worried. I don't think the Vlasic situation was intentional, but it certainly helped LA with the best defensive Dman on the opposite roster gone.

bigtime. pushed thornton into a defensive role.
that kings team, however, was a lot better than the current one IMO.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
By the way Vegas has some of the best stick work of any team I have seen this year.
They are masters of using their sticks to poke it off the opponents.. It is maddening to watch when you think your team is in a good position crossing the redline, and bam there is a poke check and puck and your rush is gone.
you know what i've noticed more than anything? they don't seem to care how they receive passes, they're immediately moving the puck up ice

there's no such thing as tape to tape with them, they'll kick the puck to their stick while turning up ice and they're gone, catch it and move it, let it go past them and bounce off the boards so they can get a stride in.. i don't know if that's something practiced or just the way their roster is built, but so many of them are so good at receiving passes

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
you know what i've noticed more than anything? they don't seem to care how they receive passes, they're immediately moving the puck up ice

there's no such thing as tape to tape with them, they'll kick the puck to their stick while turning up ice and they're gone, catch it and move it, let it go past them and bounce off the boards so they can get a stride in.. i don't know if that's something practiced or just the way their roster is built, but so many of them are so good at receiving passes

I really wonder why they're so good at receiving passes. Anyone?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Good news if your a KINGS fan is a lot of these players have come back from a 3-0 series defecit just four years ago.

Doughty got to REST Game 2, so he should be fresh, all the games have been close.

Just trying to find them a silver lining, no pun intended. (there jerseys lol)

Thank god for this series, for being one of the only competitive ones.

Fleury has done a 180 in the last couple years in the playoffs from what he used to be.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Good news if your a KINGS fan is a lot of these players have come back from a 3-0 series defecit just four years ago.

Doughty got to REST Game 2, so he should be fresh, all the games have been close.

Just trying to find them a silver lining, no pun intended. (there jerseys lol)

Thank god for this series, for being one of the only competitive ones.

Fleury has done a 180 in the last couple years in the playoffs from what he used to be.

He was good against Washington last season.

Reactions: BillPrep

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Does the Kings being down 3-0 mean Kopitar is a bad captain? Asking for an eastern conference friend. ;)

I know, I know, Cup rings. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad