WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Amazed to see the conversation still centering around Doughty. The Kings (much like the Ducks) just aren't a very good hockey team. They're slightly above average, good enough to squeak into the playoffs like they did and that's it. Vegas has outplayed them this series pretty handily. They've smothered them and gotten the timely goals when they've needed them. Good hockey by them

Doughty (along with Kopitar and Quick) is the thing that keeps them from drafting top 5 every year

Reactions: Kreator

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Mocking Doughty for making himself look silly isn't him being "in people's heads." I think that that's just trying to change the subject because it's obvious that Doughty really walked into it and earned a ribbing.

In a league absolutely void of personality , guys like Subban, and Doughty are needed, if anything to get people riled up and talking. Thing is Doughty talking trash the results are 95% positive for his team but once in awhile, he gets put in his place

I can't think of a single time (at least since 2014) that Doughty talking trash has been positive for the team. It never helps, it's usually a huge distraction and it often backfires. There's a reason why his coaches and teammates try so hard to rein him in.

Last edited:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Not at all, players with personalities are great for the game but Doughty is known for being a crying little *****. He is one if not the best current defenseman but he tries to act like a pest and it doesn't work well unfortunately for him.

Well again, you need bad guys in sports, and people don't like Doughty because he is so freaking good and has caused problems for many a team. Throw in the fact he has traits like Corey Perry, who I also think is great for the league, and creates a ton of interest.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Been saying all year Vegas' conditioning may be one of the biggest keys to their success but people would rather blame it on unfair drafting rules.

The ability to roll those lines to keep guys fresh too.

I've been worried about the Kings' conditioning since 2012 frankly, they always looked tired late in games after that buzzsaw version of the team. Thought it might be Sutterhockey given how good this team ended up being in 3rd periods this year, but by the end of the year, you can tell riding Kopitar and Drew was affecting them late in games...playing 5 of the last 6 minutes every game was...well, you saw tonight.

Reactions: HanSolo

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Doughty isn't in anyone's "head." That's just a convenient way to change the subject. You don't have to have anything against Doughty to mock him for making himself look silly.

I can't think of a single time (at least since 2014) that Doughty talking trash has been positive for the team. It never helps, it's usually a huge distraction and it often backfires. There's a reason why his coaches and teammates try so hard to rein him in.

I can can count on 1 hand where it has been a negative, will just agree to disagree.
The last thing you want to do is make Doughty, Randle McMurphy after Nurse Ratchet gets done with him.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I can can count on 1 hand where it has been a negative, will just agree to disagree.
The last thing you want to do is make Doughty, Randle McMurphy after Nurse Ratchet gets done with him.
I gotta say, I haven' seen a Randal McMurphy comparison in some time.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's definitely borderline looney. That's why we love him and can understand why people hate him :laugh:

I didn't mind Doughty trying to get under Marchessault's skin. It's the playoffs, it's whatever, it's passion. He's into it and he cares. I'm more upset Karlsson is too shy and mild-mannered to clap back after his goal. What a moment missed!

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
By the way Vegas has some of the best stick work of any team I have seen this year.
They are masters of using their sticks to poke it off the opponents.. It is maddening to watch when you think your team is in a good position crossing the redline, and bam there is a poke check and puck and your rush is gone.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I gotta say, I haven' seen a Randal McMurphy comparison in some time.

Well since Milos Forman just passed what better way to honor him by comparing one of his most memorable characters he created on film to Drew Doughty. Drew actually is a lot like Randle now that I think about (pre-Nurse Ratchet.)

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
See a lot of king fans taking to Twitter calling Vegas fans bandwagoners. That's hilarious considering how many fans the kings had before 2012. Hahaha

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
By the way Vegas has some of the best stick work of any team I have seen this year.
They are masters of using their sticks to poke it off the opponents.. It is maddening to watch when you think your team is in a good position crossing the redline, and bam there is a poke check and puck and your rush is gone.
Imagine being a fan of the teams getting beat by the 12/14 LA teams. Plus they had the benefit of always knowing where loose pucks were gonna go. They still kind of do.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks man. I'll keep making concessions here and say this. I've personally witnessed some true ********s among the LAK fanbase (though they exist in all fanbases), and had some terrible interactions with some of them, and watched other terrible interactions as a third party.

But by the by and on the whole, some of the best Kings fans I've encountered are on this site. Sure we bump heads when things get heated but I know you guys are passionate about the game and about your team. And when all's said and done, that's the best quality in any hockey fan.

Hey us West Coast/Sunbelt fans have to stick together :laugh: but it is really cool to see Vegas doing well after a lot of people have questioned the entire process, I mean I remember people saying how they didn’t deserve the franchise after the name ceremony a few years ago now they are a win away from winning a playoff series their expansion year. Pretty incredible even if it comes at the expense of my team :laugh:

(honestly LA needs to rebuild anyway so hopefully this series is a wake up call to management)

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
See a lot of king fans taking to Twitter calling Vegas fans bandwagoners. That's hilarious considering how many fans the kings had before 2012. Hahaha

Never understood why more fans is a bad thing regardless of when they started watching.
Especially for the sport considered #4 in terms of exposure when compared to the 4 major North America sports.

I am not sure you can be a bandwagon fan the first year of a franchise, though I suspect there are some Duck/King fans that used to cheer for them from afar before getting their own team have since moved over. But so what, if you finally get a home town team I would probably do the same if I had lived in Vegas all or most of my life.

Actually I will be moving to Vegas in about 5 years after retirement, and part of the reason I have decided to move there (besides the huge tax benefits) are the fact they will have an NHL and NFL team in city, and I am hoping they move the A's or someone there in the next 5 years. I don't like the NBA so really don't care if that ever happens.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't mind Doughty trying to get under Marchessault's skin. It's the playoffs, it's whatever, it's passion. He's into it and he cares. I'm more upset Karlsson is too shy and mild-mannered to clap back after his goal. What a moment missed!

Honestly that would have been golden :laugh:

Imagine using twitter as the barometer of a fanbase.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself tonight, but maybe let the adults talk hockey so you can go back to petty fanbase bashine elsewhere.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hey us West Coast/Sunbelt fans have to stick together :laugh: but it is really cool to see Vegas doing well after a lot of people have questioned the entire process, I mean I remember people saying how they didn’t deserve the franchise after the name ceremony a few years ago now they are a win away from winning a playoff series their expansion year. Pretty incredible even if it comes at the expense of my team :laugh:

(honestly LA needs to rebuild anyway so hopefully this series is a wake up call to management)
Well the ceremony was last year and I remember how excruciating it was given that I was a few feet from the stage but other than that +1 on all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad