Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
MartinFr said:
Hmm...recall:

Niedermayer on Forsberg..

hmm..

Yeah, I was gonna post that.

All the Canadian fans that are talking "bush league hits", remember that one?

I agree it was dirty and unnecessary, but don't throw rocks in glass houses, please ;)

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Ovechkin8 said:
and this will prove? :shakehead

It'll injure the best players on Team Sweden so it'll be harder to capture the gold.

What are we just supposed to let some 4th liner take out the best player in the tournament and screw our chances for gold and not do anything about it?

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
therealdeal said:
Alright boys, if they score early, its time to go head hunting, specifically after all their best players.

The way second period was played, you'll have to go after almost entire team.

skullman80

Nov 18, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Ola said:
I don't think its even whats called a minor concussion. But he will probably have a sore jaw.

Crosby poked in a rebound from the left side of the net, Hannula acted like he hadn't seen the puck go in and crosschecked him. Though it clearly passed allot of time for Hannula not to notice the puck was in the net.... :shakehead

I see.

Well I can't pass judgement either way, I didn't see the play.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I know I will probably get flamed for saying this, but... even if I consider Hannula's hit inexcusable and braindead, Canada has collected enough dirty points over the years to receive one themselves.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Vikke said:
Yeah, I was gonna post that.

All the Canadian fans that are talking "bush league hits", remember that one?

I agree it was dirty and unnecessary, but don't throw rocks in glass houses, please ;)

We've all seen our fair share of hits, either way. That doesn't change the fact that this was pretty hideous.

Suter on Kariya anyone?

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Znaroks-style goal! If you are latvian, then you know what I'm talking about.
Another fight, just like in Fin - Cze game. Old school hockey's coming back. we simply need it.
Did Hannula get that penalty just because it was Crosby who got hit or because he didn't manage to return some punches back to Canadiens?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Ola said:
I don't think its even whats called a minor concussion. But he will probably have a sore jaw.

Crosby poked in a rebound from the left side of the net, Hannula acted like he hadn't seen the puck go in and crosschecked him. Though it clearly passed allot of time for Hannula not to notice the puck was in the net.... :shakehead

Aside from Crosby's smile and his hands up in the air, thereby opening his face up for the crosscheck?

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
therealdeal said:
It'll injure the best players on Team Sweden so it'll be harder to capture the gold.

What are we just supposed to let some 4th liner take out the best player in the tournament and screw our chances for gold and not do anything about it?

that's not the way to go about it. if you're gonna lay a clean hit, lay a clean hit. you can't run around out there looking to hurt people, thats poor sportsmanship and downright classless.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I liked how the commentators wer like -"He should get 4 minutes for going after Hannula" and I was like -"Break his nose, make him pay for it!"

:)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
therealdeal said:

Take out? ;) Are you watching the game?

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Like Wall said:
Did Hannula get that penalty just because it was Crosby who got hit or because he didn't manage to return some punches back to Canadiens?

He got the penalty because he put his stick to the kid's chin for crying out loud.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Ola said:
Take out? ;) Are you watching the game?

He went to the dressing room did he not? He didn't play the powerplay.

Even if he didn't fully take him out, he tried, we should do the same.

riz

CUBErt said:
Man... That looks concerning. Hope Crosby's ok. I think Hannula pretty much did the right thing (you can't just let a guy walk away from poking your goalie like that), but bad luck is bad luck.

Yeah, usually when someone pokechecks the puck from your goalie's feet into the net, you just give them the complimentary crosscheck to the back....not the face. And judging by the replay, he had plenty of time to aim lower if he wanted to.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Ovechkin8 said:
that's not the way to go about it. if you're gonna lay a clean hit, lay a clean hit. you can't run around out there looking to hurt people, thats poor sportsmanship and downright classless.

Meh, ***-for-tat.

People are too concerned about "class" nowadays, I'd rather have the gold.

:biglaugh: It edited out t*t, thats kinda funny.

I'm very heated right now.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
therealdeal said:

There was no power play.

No need to put him back in there for the last 30, let him rest.
So, this eye for an eye-thingy you have, is that for real?

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
therealdeal said:

With 30 seconds left of the period

I'm pretty sure that the "kid" is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad