WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
That was disgusting.

Now I really want Sweden to lose,no matter what.
No respect for that team anymore.

If Canada loses here, Go Czech Republic.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
skullman80 said:
So what happened to Crosby? Is he hurt? Or just a bit roughed up?

I can't see the game here in the US :shakehead

Cross-checked to the chin. He left the ice, but there were only 30 seconds remaining, so he could be back next period and I think he will.

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Man... That looks concerning. Hope Crosby's ok. I think Hannula pretty much did the right thing (you can't just let a guy walk away from poking your goalie like that), but bad luck is bad luck. The referee still made the right call.

This game is might get pretty heated.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Alright boys, if they score early, its time to go head hunting, specifically after all their best players.

That was just ****ing disgraceful.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Canadians know that Swede`s are not dirty players normally...but what the heck was Hannula thinking....

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I wouldn't call that hit dirty. That was a "braindead" hit. Hannula have no nerves. Man, 3 goals up 30 seconds left in the 2nd and it feels like we are 98% sure to make the finals. Now things will be really thigt.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Well Hannula lost the litlle respect I have had for him. If they can ban Huselius & Co. they should ban Hannula from the national team for life.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Harold_Snepps_Rocks said:
Canadians know that Swede`s are not dirty players normally...but what the heck was Hannula thinking....

I think his problem was that he wasn't thinking ;)

Anyway, that was unfortunate but I hope this game doesn't turn ugly because of it. It was too entertaining to go down the drain..

skullman80

Nov 18, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lion of the North said:
Cross check to the side of the neck/chin.

He left the ice with 30s to go, looks like he'll be back though.

Gotcha.

Crosby plays better when he is pissed. I.E. when Hatcher knocked out two of his teeth early in the NHL season.

Should be an interesting 3rd period. Wish I could see the game...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
skullman80 said:
So what happened to Crosby? Is he hurt? Or just a bit roughed up?

I can't see the game here in the US :shakehead

I don't think its even whats called a minor concussion. But he will probably have a sore jaw.

Crosby poked in a rebound from the left side of the net, Hannula acted like he hadn't seen the puck go in and crosschecked him. Though it clearly passed allot of time for Hannula not to notice the puck was in the net.... :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad