WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sweden will be the better team (We will have more puck, and even if we shot less we will have a higher shot total). Though Canada have potential to be really dangerous and have more "gamewinners" then we do. I think its really close and could go either way.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
All tournament long I said that I'd be surprized if Canada got a medal, but they have now shown they can contend for gold. I expect Sweden to win a close one, but Canada does have the game breaker in Crosby. We'll see if he can elevate his game even more and lead Canada to the final. Too me it seems unlikely, but you never know what magic he may have in store for us.

Jonjmc

Feb 7, 2006
Le Golie said:
All tournament long I said that I'd be surprized if Canada got a medal, but they have now shown they can contend for gold. I expect Sweden to win a close one, but Canada does have the game breaker in Crosby. We'll see if he can elevate his game even more and lead Canada to the final. Too me it seems unlikely, but you never know what magic he may have in store for us.

This is the difference as I see it, between Crosby and any of the other young players he is always being compared to. I now expect him to "elevate his game" as the games matter more.
I say he carries this game and leads them to gold. This is his coming out party, like Mario's was with the 87 Canada cup.

Coffee and 7's*

Sweden: 4

Zetterberg
Hannula
Kronwall
K.Jonsson

Canada: 3

Crosbyx2
Bergeron

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jonjmc said:
This is the difference as I see it, between Crosby and any of the other young players he is always being compared to. I now expect him to "elevate his game" as the games matter more.
I say he carries this game and leads them to gold. This is his coming out party, like Mario's was with the 87 Canada cup.

I have to say that Sid definately seems to be one of those who almost always has his best games when he is playing for something. On the national stage, head to head with Ovechkin, down the stretch when he was way behind in the rookie scoring race, he just always seems to rise to the occasion. Any one of those things this year mean very little. But together it is seeming to be a bit of a trend.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah if the coach was smart at all he would play the number 1 line more then the others..that line carried Canada so now when we need them let them get more ice time when it really matters.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This sux! dad broke the TV and now i wont be able to put the game on my PVR! i'll be at work so can't watch it, go figure it has to happen NOW! Go Canada!

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
I think this should be the gold game. The best two teams of this year's WC meet.

Sweden will beat Canada 4-2.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
*** Canadian Viewers ***

Apparently TSN is NOT showing this game live! It will be live on the NHL network, but if you are like me and don't have the NHL network, you'll have to wait until 4:30 p.m. EST when TSN rebroadcasts it on taped delay.

That's pathetic. Seriously.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Le Golie said:
*** Canadian Viewers ***

Apparently TSN is NOT showing this game live! It will be live on the NHL network, but if you are like me and don't have the NHL network, you'll have to wait until 4:30 p.m. EST when TSN rebroadcasts it on taped delay.

That's pathetic. Seriously.

If you have Bell ExpressVue though you can catch it live on TSN 2 or TSN-S I guess its marked on the channel guide at 1:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad