WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
therealdeal said:
It'll injure the best players on Team Sweden so it'll be harder to capture the gold.

What are we just supposed to let some 4th liner take out the best player in the tournament and screw our chances for gold and not do anything about it?

Hannula is a fine player himself. FYI, he has scored hat-trick in the QF, so his loss will hurt Sweden.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Why did the ref allow the goal? It was blocked between holmqvists skates, right? To me it looked like he had control of the play and waited for the ref to call.

Thoughts?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
MartinFr said:
With 30 seconds left of the period

I'm pretty sure that the "kid" is fine.

Intent is still there, hopefully when we try to take off Zeterburgs head he gets just as lucky. ;)

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
BigE said:
We've all seen our fair share of hits, either way. That doesn't change the fact that this was pretty hideous.

Suter on Kariya anyone?

I'd prefer to bring up the Suter on Gretzky cross-check.

The most atrocious piece of classlessness (I like using the letter "s") that I have ever seen, and it led to the back problems that brought the Great One down.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Dala said:
Why did the ref allow the goal? It was blocked between holmqvists skates, right? To me it looked like he had control of the play and waited for the ref to call.

Thoughts?
Holmqvist should have dived down to cover the puck, he can't stand erect like some freaking Eiffel Tower.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Yeah, this eye for an eye non sense is a little disturbing. I'm pretty sure the Swedes wouldn't resort to that garbage, and I expect the same out of my country. Line the guy up and drill him cleanly (international rules you'd probably still get a penalty) but there's no need to do anything illegal or dangerous.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Dala said:

Thoughts?

I dunno, I thought he had it blocked, too, but the ref had a good position and view of it, so I'll have to say it was a clear goal.

Jobaas

Feb 20, 2006
therealdeal said:
Intent is still there, hopefully when we try to take off Zeterburgs head he gets just as lucky. ;)
10 years old? or just a regular in trailer park boys?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Lion of the North said:
Alright swedes and finns, VM or Melodifestivalen? ;)

Are you kidding? I'm a proud music snob, so.. Well, I might watch the voting. It's fun to see how neighbouring countries play politics.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
skullman80 said:
Crosby and Bergeron?

Does anyone even have an audio link for this game?

Yes. Powerplay, Crosby going behind the net, spins backwards and fires a pass that nobody saw coming to Bergeron... and Bergeron burries it.

No audio link from me, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad