WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Don't-slash-our-goaltender-when-he-has-the-puck-blocked-between-his-pads reaction... :dunno:

:teach: And as I've written elsewhere, I think Hannulas implementation of his reaction was stupid to say the least. :rant:

EDIT: I.e., if he instead of going for the head, had given Crosby a big cross-check in his midsection instead we wouldn't, I hope, have this conversation...

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Dala said:
Don't-slash-our-goaltender-when-he-has-the-puck-blocked-between-his-pads reaction... :dunno:

:teach: And as I've written elsewhere, I think Hannulas implementation of his reaction was stupid to say the least. :rant:

EDIT: I.e., if he instead of going for the head, had given Crosby a big cross-check in his midsection instead we wouldn't, I hope, have this conversation...

I have to agree with this. I don't think that Hannula deliberately tried to injure Crosby.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
DrMoses said:
He brutally crosschecked arguably the best offensive player in the world, right in the face during the most important game of the tournament at that point.

What else would it be?

One could argue he was going for the shoulder, his stick went higher than intended.This is not necessarily the case, but is entirely possible. He certainly shouldn't have gone after Crosby after the play at any rate....but I can't imagine that he actually was going for Crobsy's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->