WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Matti_A said:
Had it been J.Ruutu cross-checking Sidney in the face these boards would have exploded.

I would be the first in line. Though if Ruutu would have done it, it wouldn't be the first time, which would make me think it was intentional.

Lets say the same thing happend in the NHL and it where Brasher or Claude Lemiuxe who crosschecked someone they would take a ton of hear. If Jason Spezza does it the reactions would pretty much be the same, like "what da f%&¤ did he just do?".

Dark Metamorphosis said:
i didn't see the tourny, but if it was anything like in the nhl, there was probably no player that got slashed, hooked, and held more than crosby too.

Have to agree on this, I've seen Forsberg play a ton for almost 15 years now. The first 8-9 years he never dived. Though when the injurys started piling up because nobody human could handle the beating he took he started taking some dives when the refs let everything go, still its not like he ever dived without a reason for it, like a hook, and I also doubt he dived more then anyone else. Tonight there where some dives for both teams, but people complain on Crosby because he is so damn good. On the other hand, its not something I have a big problem with. What superstar haven't been pressured by media and fans of other teams? Its comes with the proffession... ;)

SectionX said:
I apologize for the hannula incident. Idiot player. I never liked him.

I kind of like him at times. But he seems to have big problems with his nerves. That hit just had braincramp written all over it.

SectionX said:
I couldnt watch in the end, how did Backstrom play today? My nerves are so bad.

Mine too, almost unbeerable. I never had problems with them before, but now... ;)

I almost wonder if I will be able to watch these kinds of games when I get older.

Bama

Apr 25, 2006
hpheikki said:
Rene Fasel was in Finnish Broadcasting companys studio between periods two and three. He spoke about suspending Hannula for a longer period.

They say so much, but dont act.

Before the tournament they said it would be a 2 min penalty on every slashing on the goalie. They missed 5 or 6 on Canada today.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Under pressure. Hannula didn't do anything that should suspend him for longer period. I'm starting to wonder if it's not Crosby's fame that mede them to argue about hannula's penalty.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Le Golie said:
*** Canadian Viewers ***

Apparently TSN is NOT showing this game live! It will be live on the NHL network, but if you are like me and don't have the NHL network, you'll have to wait until 4:30 p.m. EST when TSN rebroadcasts it on taped delay.

That's pathetic. Seriously.

Well they were showing a playoff game. And why do you not have NHL network? Altho, I'll admit that updating the game on TSN before they showed it was pretty lame.

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
Like Wall said:
Under pressure. Hannula didn't do anything that should suspend him for longer period. I'm starting to wonder if it's not Crosby's fame that mede them to argue about hannula's penalty.

Oh cut the crap. You've had a pickle up your rear-end with Crosby and Canada since that 11-0 win. Hate him all you want, but not logical thinking human being would/should defend Hannula's actions. It was a cheap shot. He deserves to be suspended.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Can someone, please, make a video clip containing the scandal around "hannula's punch". I'd like to see that penalty again. (including the little brawl afterwards :) )

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Like Wall said:
Can someone, please, make a video clip containing the scandal around "hannula's punch". I'd like to see that penalty again. (including the little brawl afterwards :) )

Punch?

And I would like to see this Neidermeyer hit everyone is talking about. I assume they mean Rob BTW.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Like Wall said:
Really no scandal there, just some dumb play followed by a well-deserved game-misconduct. That's all.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Damn we lost...! how many points did Crosby have, though? and what period was that crosscheck to his face? watching the game.

SChan*

hpheikki said:
Rene Fasel was in Finnish Broadcasting companys studio between periods two and three. He spoke about suspending Hannula for a longer period.

good, then I might as well not see him on the swedish team again :yo:

Really no scandal there, just some dumb play followed by a well-deserved game-misconduct. That's all.

exactly. Crosby was back playing again. It's not like he was taken out for weeks or months.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jobaas said:
yea but lordi have to win it is the best schlager ever

Nah tjinghis kahn is better, atleast when Frederik sings it! :D

Congrats to the finns for winning it! :clap:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Once again, this proves that Crosby is not there yet as his fans claim....he needs to learn how to win important games.

SChan*

Dallas Flames Fan said:
Once again, this proves that Crosby is not there yet as his fans claim....he needs to learn how to win important games.

no one can win a match by himself. It's a teamgame.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Dallas Flames Fan said:

What nonsense. Crosby was Canadas best player today, imo. It takes more than one person to win a game in a team sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad