WC SF: May 20 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Macman said:
Well, if we have to lose I'm glad it's to Sweden. Classy players, classy fans (for the most part.) Now please go out there and beat the crap out of the Czechs.

I apologize for the hannula incident. Idiot player. I never liked him.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Macman said:
Well, if we have to lose I'm glad it's to Sweden. Classy players, classy fans (for the most part.) Now please go out there and beat the crap out of the Czechs.
Yeah, I hope it's not Czech that wins tomorrow. Go and kick their @sses there, Swedes!

SChan*

Icekube said:
Game worthy of a final. Hannula hurt his team more than he hurt Crosby, and it's a good thing noone got injured.

I hope hannula doesn't play tomorrow, he doesnt deserve it.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Biggsy said:
Is sweden the new hockey power or what man canada whats goin on

? No Canada & Russia are still the 2 preeminent nations in talent production its just that Swedens conservative system & the Czechs tenaciousness produces the results.

And bear in mind this was an extremely inexperienced Canucks team in terms of senior international tournaments & whose backstopping leaves a lot to be desired. Didnt Denis struggle in the minors this year ?

But you have to hand it to Sweden yet another final & maybe probably the double on current form.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
That cross-check from hannula sure was ugly (HV71 player...) :rant:

But I find it quite interesting that it mostly seem to be us swedish fans who really found the hit offensive, might have something to do with different mindsets when it comes to defending our goalies?

I mean, how often haven't you guys seen ugly cross-checks/hits, mayhap not as ugly as hannulas but still, after players have tried to ram puck and goalie in to the net in the play offs?

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Icekube said:
You don't need to hope, he won't play. 5+20 game misc., it's automatic.
It's not automatic.
Game misconduct means he's out of the game only, match penalty means he's suspended one game and possibly more.

However, I do believe that Hannula is eligible for a suspension if the disciplinary commision thinks so.

Bama

Apr 25, 2006
Both Zetterberg and BÃ…G defended Hannula after the game. It wasnt the first time they slashed our goalie. I dont think it was his intension to hit him in the neck.

Crosby is a great player but i haven´t seen any player in this tournament falling more than him.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Bama said:
Both Zetterberg and BÃ…G defended Hannula after the game. It wasnt the first time they slashed our goalie. I dont think it was his intension to hit him in the neck.

Crosby is a great player but i haven´t seen any player in this tournament falling more than him.
i didn't see the tourny, but if it was anything like in the nhl, there was probably no player that got slashed, hooked, and held more than crosby too.

Jobaas

Feb 20, 2006
Bama said:

ofcurse they are going to defend him he is a team member but it was extremly ugly and stupid.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Congratulations Sweden! :handclap:

I'm sad for Canada and especially for Crosby and Bergeron who have played so well. :cry:

Jobaas

Feb 20, 2006
Dark Metamorphosis said:
i didn't see the tourny, but if it was anything like in the nhl, there was probably no player that got slashed, hooked, and held more than crosby too.
He is an amazing player no question about it in this tourny im rooting for him instead of ovechkin as the next great player.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Bama said:

First of all, it's not a slash when a player pokes a puck into the net when it is sitting by a goalies pads. Secondly, I have watched every Canada game and suggesting Crosby has been diving is a farce. He's playing with his heart on his sleeve and is the target of every opponent every shift. He gets dirty, he gets in traffic and he doesn't back down from anyone. Naturally that leads to him knocking people around and getting knocked around. It's not diving. He took a vicious cross check to the face well after scoring a good, clean goal and you accuse him of falling? That's pretty strange.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
The Swedes were very lucky to win this one imo.

Damn, I really hate Hannula, not only because of the "Suter on Kariya"-like cheap shot, but the guy is also one of the worst divers I have seen. :shakehead

Had it been J.Ruutu cross-checking Sidney in the face these boards would have exploded.

Hmmm.....Gretzky sure looks like a genius for not bringing Crosby to the olympics.

Sidney the kidney has to be the best set-up man (or kid) in the world, he did the same pass from behind the net versus Finland. The goalie never knew what hit him. :clap:

I've been a huge Ovechkin fan since the start of the season but Crosby has slowly won me over, he's superlative defying. :bow:

Gotta give it up for "Nylle" Nylander, if there is one hockey player who defines the word magician it would have to be Micke, one of my favourite Swedish players. :clap:

Grattis till guldet Sverige! :)

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Thanks Canada, thank you very much. Really. :shakehead
The best way how to beat us is to send Sweden against us. But what the hell, silver isn't so bad... :cry:

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Vikke said:
It's not automatic.
Game misconduct means he's out of the game only, match penalty means he's suspended one game and possibly more.

However, I do believe that Hannula is eligible for a suspension if the disciplinary commision thinks so.

Yep, my mistake. Still Hannula won't play:

After the videotape was reviewed, Hannula was assessed a match penalty and given an automatic one-game suspension by the tournament directorate.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Icekube said:

After the videotape was reviewed, Hannula was assessed a match penalty and given an automatic one-game suspension by the tournament directorate.

Okay, thanks for the info. I didn't know that yet. :)

Oh well, I guess Björn Melin will take his spot.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Biggsy said:
Is sweden the new hockey power or what man canada whats goin on

More interestingly, Sweden went after Canada's superstar nand got away with it. Teams are not intimidated anymore. The roles would of been reversed 10 years ago.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Winner said:
Thanks Canada, thank you very much. Really. :shakehead
The best way how to beat us is to send Sweden against us. But what the hell, silver isn't so bad... :cry:

Don't try to go underdog on us, Czech Republic is major favorites in the final, Sweden is only there to watch the greatness of your country.

We won't be favorites!

SChan*

Habnot said:
More interestingly, Sweden went after Canada's superstar nand got away with it. Teams are not intimidated anymore. The roles would of been reversed 10 years ago.

Crosby didn't miss a beat. He was back in the third period, and I am very glad he was. But you're right. The roles were reserved in 2003 when Niedermeyer took down Forsberg.

hpheikki

Jan 5, 2006
Icekube said:

Rene Fasel was in Finnish Broadcasting companys studio between periods two and three. He spoke about suspending Hannula for a longer period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad