Pre-Game Talk: Washingtons Ovechicken Burger mistakenly eaten by Lazar 7:00 PM Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Ryan is injured and has been playing awful lately. Only dragging Hoffman down. I'm OK with those lines.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Do we have projected lineups? Is Cowen coming in for Gryba? Gryba is taking way too many penalties.

Honestly it's a toss up between the two and at least Boro - Gryba has the players on their respective strong sides

Cowen in for Gryba messes that up and, as much as I want to believe Cowen has what it takes to become a solid number 3-4, he isn't so much better than that it makes it worth to mess that up

Karlsson2Turris*

He is not injured, he admitted that he just sucks right now

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Cameron is starting to remind me of Maclean in his attitude and unwillingness to admit he is wrong in his decision making. Putting Smith on the top line has been an abysmal failure and yet he continues to play that card. The other 2 players on that line are struggling and he thinks Smith will be the catalyst?
Why do coaches make such obviously stupid decisions? Is it too much to ask that they just use some common sense.

Wait until Phillips and Neil are cleared to play. We'll be back to a pure "MacLean" lineup in no time. Virtually all coaches will play the vets over the kids like that.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Lets hope that Toronto unleashes all the pent-up frustration from its abysmal year on the Bruins and pumps at least six by Rask. Lets hope we can shut down Ovie and the caps.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Ward
Johansson-Backstrom-Brouwer

Those top two lines scare the **** out of me.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Ward

Meh, only two names scare me there. OV and Backstrom. I don't see what the big deal is with Kuznetsov.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Ward

as long as we dont do something idiotic like play boro-gryba vs these two lines we should be fine

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I remember 2 seasons ago when Washington was on like a 8 game winning streak and they came into Ottawa hoping to continue their winning streak, but Ottawa won that game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm scared about Hammond vs. Ovechkin. No penalties, please.

I'm looking forward to it.

This is going to be a great test fr Hammond. Let's see what this guy is made of. We need to put this guy through the wringer a few times against some of the leagues big guns before the end of the season.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I remember 2 seasons ago when Washington was on like a 8 game winning streak and they came into Ottawa hoping to continue their winning streak, but Ottawa won that game.

Wasn't that like 5 years ago and we were also on a 10 game winning streak, and they were at like 12 ?

I think Semin scored a hatty and we won.

Did Spezza also get a hattrick that game?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wasn't that like 5 years ago and we were also on a 10 game winning streak, and they were at like 12 ?

I think Semin scored a hatty and we won.

Did Spezza also get a hattrick that game?

I don't know, but i do know that it happened in the 2012-2013 season.

Washington was a very hot team coming into Ottawa and Ottawa ended up defeating them.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Was at that game. Ovie was just bad that game. And before that game he was on fire scoring every game. Let's hope history repeats!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
So I have away Standing area tickets because I have a sprained toe and my friends mom gave me her tickets so I can still go to the game and not have to stand up!

Good Karma! Go Sens. Go Ibuprophen/Acetominophen combination!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I had not realized that if Washington wins in regulation they clinch a playoff spot

That should make this game even harder for our boys

Another intense test and, let me be crystal clear, as long as the team plays a good game I'll be happy win or lose. I'll be happier with a win of course but as long as the team doesn't play like ass there is nothing to be angry about

Thank god we are at home for the matchups! The second period is going to be critical: keeping Boro - Gryba away from Ovechkin is going to be key

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Yo. So if you guys can win this game, and then win again against the Leafs, and Pittsburgh drops their match against Philly tomorrow, I think you guys could be one point behind them with a match against them.

Really would be swell if you could knock them out of the playoffs for us Oilers.

Thanks.

(Also, I'm cheering for the Hamburglar and you guys because they're all awesome. Send us Lehner or something too. Thanks again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino