Pre-Game Talk: Washingtons Ovechicken Burger mistakenly eaten by Lazar 7:00 PM Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamar*

Screw Edmonton and their first round picks. 1st aren't going to fix that mess.

Relax I hope edmonton rights their ship and soon.. the fans don't deserve this BS. Plus I live in Edm and I can't wait till the oilers are back in the playoffs. The atmosphere in the arena and on the streets will be electric. That's something Edmontonians haven't experienced in so long.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Saying that he is injured allows him to dodge a whole lot of hate from the media and fans

But I feel like he feels like he is a huge part of this team moving forward, and, look back on guys like Alfie who only really disclosed major injuries (ACLs, broken ribs, ect.) I think he's trying to show how tough and responsible he is, no matter the cost.

Kind of like when Charizard was getting beat up by Blastoise, but then, despite being at a huge disadvantage, won due to 100% will-power.

Bobbizard, I choose you!

Ttracer*

Keys to the game

Go Leafs GO!!!

kadri.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Screw Edmonton and their first round picks. 1st aren't going to fix that mess.

Yes they are

The key for their re-tool is going to be to drastically improve their prospect pool which will allow them to supplement their roster and give them pieces to move for what they need

Just like us

Of course the main difference between Ottawa and Edmonton is that we are able to find players outside of top 3 :laugh:. No, in all seriousness Edmonton just needs to stockpile prospects like it's nobody's business and to draft well outside of the first round and to do it as fast as possible

If they can do that they will get back to being respectable soon enough (5 years)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yes they are

The key for their re-tool is going to be to drastically improve their prospect pool which will allow them to supplement their roster and give them pieces to move for what they need

Just like us

Of course the main difference between Ottawa and Edmonton is that we are able to find players outside of top 3 :laugh:. No, in all seriousness Edmonton just needs to stockpile prospects like it's nobody's business and to draft well outside of the first round and to do it as fast as possible

If they can do that they will get back to being respectable soon enough (5 years)

Nah......they've gotten more than enough high end first rounders to right the ship. That team is oozing with talent. They definitely do not deserve any more.

One of these days they have to get their heads out of their butts and hire competent management and coaching, and get some late round picks to pan out.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Looks like I missed the Crosby vs Ovechkin debate again. Shucks. :sarcasm:

On another note, what's the over/under on snipes by Ovie on Hamburglar? 1? 2? 0? (otherwise known as a robble robble!)

Either way, need some help from other teams. Already got one with Columbus beating Pittsburgh.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Looks like I missed the Crosby vs Ovechkin debate again. Shucks. :sarcasm:

On another note, what's the over/under on snipes by Ovie on Hamburglar? 1? 2? 0? (otherwise known as a robble robble!)

Either way, need some help from other teams. Already got one with Columbus beating Pittsburgh.

0 but ovie gets an assist

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Nah......they've gotten more than enough high end first rounders to right the ship. That team is oozing with talent. They definitely do not deserve any more.

One of these days they have to get their heads out of their butts and hire competent management and coaching, and get some late round picks to pan out.

Screw deserving

They got the first rounder for Perron which was the right move for them to make rather than cling on to him in the hopes of finishing slightly higher in the standings but still nowhere near the playoffs

You reap what you sow and inept management drove that franchise into the depths of hell but things are slowly improving now that Eakins is gone and I think MacT has gotten everyone on board that they need a re-tool and that involves getting picks

Their best players are still quite young so if they re-tool quickly and properly they could very well be competitive once guys like Hall are 27 years old which would be perfect

Goalies are suddenly available: Hammond, Anderson and Lehner might be all in play to some degree, there's the O'Connor kid and a Boston goalie prospect who wants to be a UFA. They have options and if they weigh them properly and make sound decisions they will be well on their way.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
LOL Toronto/Boston get's CBC and then Detroit/Minny gets City? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

nope, there's no agenda against the sens.

Hilarious how when Toronto/Ottawa were playing they were bumped to Sportsnet. Only game of whole year that Toronto game is broadcoast on the 3rd network.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Screw deserving

They got the first rounder for Perron which was the right move for them to make rather than cling on to him in the hopes of finishing slightly higher in the standings but still nowhere near the playoffs

You reap what you sow and inept management drove that franchise into the depths of hell but things are slowly improving now that Eakins is gone and I think MacT has gotten everyone on board that they need a re-tool and that involves getting picks

Their best players are still quite young so if they re-tool quickly and properly they could very well be competitive once guys like Hall are 27 years old which would be perfect

Goalies are suddenly available: Hammond, Anderson and Lehner might be all in play to some degree, there's the O'Connor kid and a Boston goalie prospect who wants to be a UFA. They have options and if they weigh them properly and make sound decisions they will be well on their way.
Craig MacTavish is an imbecile. That team will continue to fail until Kevin Lowe is shown his walking papers and they clear out that entire front office.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
there's just not getting used to it

Sportsnet coverage is just laughably awful

"It's Hockey Night in Canadahhhhhhhh"

Craig MacTavish is an imbecile. That team will continue to fail until Kevin Lowe is shown his walking papers and they clear out that entire front office.

He's been fine IMO outside of Eakins but a lot of people had faith in him

The issue is that righting the ship in Edmonton is going to take a long, long time

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
LOL Toronto/Boston get's CBC and then Detroit/Minny gets City? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

nope, there's no agenda against the sens.

Hilarious how when Toronto/Ottawa were playing they were bumped to Sportsnet. Only game of whole year that Toronto game is broadcoast on the 3rd network.

i honestly dont mind

mainly because i get it on gamecenter now instead of trying to find a stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad