Pre-Game Talk: Washingtons Ovechicken Burger mistakenly eaten by Lazar 7:00 PM Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yah, I don't get Ovy hate, I was just pointing out that REGARDLESS of his nationality, he's still the 2nd best player in this league. Crosby, as a centre, has far more responsibility on the ice than Ovy does as a winger. And that's not even taking into account that Crosby plays defensive hockey incredibly well.

Ovy is a fantastic player. But league best? No.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ovechkin is awesome

I remember when I drafted him in my first ever fantasy pool in 2005 and every one looked at me funny "who the hell is that?"

Yeah I showed them that I meant business

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yah, I don't get Ovy hate, I was just pointing out that REGARDLESS of his nationality, he's still the 2nd best player in this league. Crosby, as a centre, has far more responsibility on the ice than Ovy does as a winger. And that's not even taking into account that Crosby plays defensive hockey incredibly well.

Ovy is a fantastic player. But league best? No.

Thats pretty much exactly how I see it as well. I find Ovechkin the more entertaining guy in general. He's more dynamic on the ice, has more personality off of it.

Crosby is clichebot2000 anytime the camera is on him. Who knows what he's really like.

But if I had to pick one guy to build me team around, its Crosby and I don't even think twice. The only difference maker would be the injuries.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Crosby's the best player in the world, IMO. But Ovechkin's not significantly far behind when both are on their game. Both have incredible vision and a great attitude about the game. On-ice warriors.

Big game... but aren't they all, these days? Hopeful.

Karlsson2Turris*

Ya, like Crosby developed a WJC Win, an Olympic Win and a Stanley Cup Win. Remind me what Ovechchicken has won? Oh ya, a selfless Rocket Richard look at me Trophy.:yo:

Back to the Game, thankfully we do pretty darn good against Washington!

GO SENS GO!

Ovechkin doesn't have Malkin, the SC is a team trophy not an individual award

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I love Ovie, great guy that plays on the edge.

His work off ice in the community with kids is nothing to scoff at either.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I keep thinking today is Saturday because I am at home, and I got all primed to watch the game tonight before figuring out it is actually on tomorrow.

I hear ya! And a week from Tomorrow is our last regular season game. :amazed:

Ovechkin doesn't have Malkin, the SC is a team trophy not an individual award

Hey what's with the New York Rangers Avatar? You 1 of those bandwagon jumpers??

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kind of like when Torts ripped Thorton saying "he may go down as one of the better players in this league that never won anything"

Damn, I miss Torts. If he isn't going to coach, he at least has to be on a hockey panel somewhere.

As for the Caps, who cares about that team....just bring home the two points!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Ovechkin is awesome

I remember when I drafted him in my first ever fantasy pool in 2005 and every one looked at me funny "who the hell is that?"

Yeah I showed them that I meant business

I remember in his rookie year they asked Alfie like 3/4 of the way through the season who was the best and who he would vote for the Pearson... I woulda voted for Alfie! Lol. He was effusive praising the rookie Ovechkin despite Jagr and Thornton having legendary seasons.

Ttracer*

Ovechkin is the best damn player in the NHL

He could be in Russia making triple the cash, but he knows NHL is the best league and he's the best of the best.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Ovechkin is the best damn player in the NHL

He could be in Russia making triple the cash, but he knows NHL is the best league and he's the best of the best.

Sorry he is not making 27-30 million in the KHL even before the Ruble crumbled the past year. Saying that is ridiculous.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No doubt Ovechkin will score this game.

Before this season, the Sens use to play well against the Caps.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No way. Karlsson and the Hamburgler will shut him down. they are just too good

He had 2 last night against arguably the best goalie in the world. I'm actually really scared to see Hammond vs Ovy :S

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
He had 2 last night against arguably the best goalie in the world. I'm actually really scared to see Hammond vs Ovy :S

And we've lit up price time and time again. Shut him down by controlling play in the Caps zone and forcing them to take penalties. I know Ovy PKs in NHL 15, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't in real life.

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
And we've lit up price time and time again. Shut him down by controlling play in the Caps zone and forcing them to take penalties. I know Ovy PKs in NHL 15, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't in real life.

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit.gif

You tell me, I've never played that game? Ovechkin is the single best scorer in the league and our goalies in the past 5 games have not been stellar let's put it this way. He's had goals in about every game since the new year, and why the hell would Ovechkin play PK?! You sound like you've got this all planned out in your head: make them take penalties and win the game. Lol we'll just control the play and win. Hope you'd be in the room to tell them that. Seems like the secret to greatness, can't believe nobody ever thought about it :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad