Pre-Game Talk: Washingtons Ovechicken Burger mistakenly eaten by Lazar 7:00 PM Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
It's a MUST win tonight for them? Both Boston and NYI should win their games. Detroit might, might not.... it's more up in the air with them as they're playing Minny. So, two teams in the conference should gain another two points.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Yeah, he'd be better...if you ignored the multiple Olympic gold medals, WJC golds, multiple Hart and Art Ross trophies, Cup rings. Other than that, OV is way better.

Only a half-dozen or so players in NHL history have produced at the pace Ovechkin has. He's scored more goals than anyone going back to before he even started playing and he's top 15 in goals scored going back to the mid 90s.

Ovy is a Hall of Fame level talent and could end up being a top five offensive player of all time.

Sure, Crosby has team accomplishments, on loaded teams. Crosby gets credit for bring part of those teams but Ovechkin is also PPG in the NHL playoffs. Can't fault him for much and his peers agree as well.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It's a MUST win tonight for them? Both Boston and NYI should win their games. Detroit might, might not.... it's more up in the air with them as they're playing Minny. So, two teams in the conference should gain another two points.

Are you as asking if its a must win? If caps win, then they clinch, the isles then clinch also with a win over buffalo

BigBush*

For ****s sake

Ken Warren

Whatever, Hoffman will get put back on that top line fairly quickly anyways.

I have no idea why Cameron puts Smith on that line to start. He's trying to send a message or play mind games or something but I just don't see the point of it.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Why is Ovechkin "human garbage" again? That's a pretty harsh term to be calling someone.

Either way I'd take him on the Sens in a heartbeat. He's had a hell of a career despite his lack of championships on his mantle but he'll go down as one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the game by the time he calls it quits. I think bad coaching did him for a couple of seasons there but Trotz seems to be great for him.

That being said we have to be disciplined tonight otherwise it might be game over early in this one

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
For ****s sake

Ken Warren

Cameron is starting to remind me of Maclean in his attitude and unwillingness to admit he is wrong in his decision making. Putting Smith on the top line has been an abysmal failure and yet he continues to play that card. The other 2 players on that line are struggling and he thinks Smith will be the catalyst?
Why do coaches make such obviously stupid decisions? Is it too much to ask that they just use some common sense.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Too bad Ovie will never win a cup

He might never win won with the Caps, true. But I could see them trading him
when he's old and gray and no longer a big market draw (which is all Leonsis cares about), in which case he could win a Cup with another team.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Cameron is starting to remind me of Maclean in his attitude and unwillingness to admit he is wrong in his decision making. Putting Smith on the top line has been an abysmal failure and yet he continues to play that card. The other 2 players on that line are struggling and he thinks Smith will be the catalyst?
Why do coaches make such obviously stupid decisions? Is it too much to ask that they just use some common sense.

I wonder if it's less about getting Ryan and Zibi going by putting Smith on there, and more about getting our 4th line going by putting Hoffman there. Ryan and Zib aren't doing Hoffman any favours right now either. DC put Ryan on the 4th for part of the alst game, too. What else are you gonna do?

Obviously, it'd be great to have Hoff-Zib-Ryan all flying like they were on Jan, Feb, and March, but it's not happening right now.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Why is Ovechkin "human garbage" again? That's a pretty harsh term to be calling someone.

Either way I'd take him on the Sens in a heartbeat. He's had a hell of a career despite his lack of championships on his mantle but he'll go down as one of the greatest goal scorers in the history of the game by the time he calls it quits. I think bad coaching did him for a couple of seasons there but Trotz seems to be great for him.

That being said we have to be disciplined tonight otherwise it might be game over early in this one

I remember when he was just coming into the league and the seasons he had after that, man he was literally a monster. He still is a monster though.

My dad likes to call him a bull because of his ridiculous strength, balance, speed and then his shot. I cringe every time he gets the puck. Crosby I cringe too, but Ovechkin when he has it, my heart skips a beat.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I wonder if it's less about getting Ryan and Zibi going by putting Smith on there, and more about getting our 4th line going by putting Hoffman there. Ryan and Zib aren't doing Hoffman any favours right now either. DC put Ryan on the 4th for part of the alst game, too. What else are you gonna do?

Obviously, it'd be great to have Hoff-Zib-Ryan all flying like they were on Jan, Feb, and March, but it's not happening right now.

What's the point though? The Hoff - Zib - Ryan line was together after a period or two anyways. So does Cameron think magically now Smith is going to be some elixir to jump start Zib and Ryan, and Hoff the same for Legwand and Chiasson.

I didn't like this change from the beginning and I still don't like it. Right now it's looking more and more like a stubbornness move so it doesn't look like it was a mistake from the beginning. Which as someone already mentioned, smells a lot like what Mac used to do.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Smith played 8:30. Hoffman 17:30.

The 11th and 12th forwards are getting limited icetime like the always do. Hoffman is fine and getting top 6 minutes. Ryan is struggling and sees reduced ice tine. We played great as a team for 2 games in a row and have 4 points.

How is that bad coaching?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For ****s sake

Ken Warren

Meh

Hoffman is effective wherever he plays and he makes that fourth line much better which helps for the matchups

The opposition still has to respect Zibanejad and Ryan and Smith has been fine alongside them: not great but not a liability either. If that line can keep facing the best opposition then that makes life easier on the rest of our lines

Ryan is pretty much done for the year it seems so it's mostly about Zibanejad and Smith and that's two big bodies that are effective when they throw their weight around

Also keep in mind that we saw Hoffman - Zibanejad - Chiasson at one point, the lines are pretty fluid and they have to be when our best winger, Ryan, is MIA

Oct 10, 2010
If we went around changing every thread with a bad title, there wouldn't be any time left in our days.

Still fine with Smith - Zbad - Ryan. It won't wake Ryan up from his slump, but it also hasn't been hurting us given the limited time Smith's been playing.
You guys are quick to edit posts and dish out warnings?

Don't see how editing a title would be a problem ( not that it bothers me) just the reasoning is a little crazy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Do we have projected lineups? Is Cowen coming in for Gryba? Gryba is taking way too many penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille