OT: Video Games III

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Nothing on the cloud based game streaming news for the playstation? Looks promising.

Note for Microsoft...you don't have to force it on people from the launch for it to be something to look forward to. :D

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm skeptical that it's going to work well. If by some miracle it works great, I'll be happy to play some PS3 games on my PS4, since I had a 360 last gen.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
So in the upcoming DLC for COD Ghosts....you can play as Michael Myers from the Halloween movies. Thats kinda awesome and ridiculous at the same time.

I know a bunch have people have turned on the COD games...but I like this one quite a bit so far compared to MW3 and Black Ops (I didnt get Black Ops 2). The loadout system is much better than in the past.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
So in the upcoming DLC for COD Ghosts....you can play as Michael Myers from the Halloween movies. Thats kinda awesome and ridiculous at the same time.

I know a bunch have people have turned on the COD games...but I like this one quite a bit so far compared to MW3 and Black Ops (I didnt get Black Ops 2). The loadout system is much better than in the past.

I'm contemplating getting it, not liking BF4 one bit.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I'm contemplating getting it, not liking BF4 one bit.
Its really not as awful as internet trolls makes it out to be. The maps are huge...which I'm a fan of. The running around Nuketown style is ok every once and awhile for me, but I like the matchups/maps that preach patience, skill, and smarts compared to the running around nonsense.

I haven't had a single dropped game on the PS4 network yet. That has pleasantly surprised me (since I'm actually paying for it now).

I played BF2...and just flat out hated it. Have never gone back...and now with the problems they are having with multiplayer...ugh. COD is calling you!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Destiny will probably be the game that returns me to the FPS genre. MMO elements, dynamic in-game events that aren't controlled by the developers, and Bungie's first new IP since the Halo series started.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...osoft-paying-youtubers-for-xbox-one-mentions/

Interesting.

So what's everyone playing? I need a new PC game. Any suggestions? Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and have been playing the Hearthstone Beta....need something else. PC game suggestions?

If you can find it for less than $10 (it was $6 the other day, but it's $15 now) and have a dual-stick controller like the XB360 controller hooked up to your PC, I'd recommend Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

It's only a few hours long and isn't difficult at all, but it is an extremely well done indie game that actually gets you pretty emotionally involved. Good for a one or two sitting game in-between longer games.

Set a Slickdeals price alert and bite when you see the price hit single digits.

Other than that, I've been mostly playing BF4 and FIFA in short sittings or Kingdom Hearts HD on the PS3 when I have more time to devote.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
XCOM: Enemy Within seems much harder than Enemy Unknown. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just struggling a lot more with the expansion.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just watched the gameplay trailer from Titanfall. That game looks sick

Love the dynamic wall running. The bot mech side can frakk off. Would love to have the wall running on a strictly FPS perspective. Need some new blood FPS side. DICE should succeed to to another country for FPS game design. Clearly they are done.

Last edited:

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Nothing on the cloud based game streaming news for the playstation? Looks promising.

Note for Microsoft...you don't have to force it on people from the launch for it to be something to look forward to. :D

Now that I've had some experience with cloud based gaming I want to come back to this.

NBA 2K14 on PS4 forces you to save all files- rosters and game saves- to 2K's servers. So far the results have been terrible. None of the edits I've made have shown up once I go into a game, and although I've personally been lucky in this regard many people have had to deal with corrupted be a pro and GM mode saves.

I want localized saves back, there was nothing wrong with it in the first place but it looks like it's going to be phased out in a few years.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So whos played the TitanFall beta?

Should I get an xbox one for this game...or just stick with COD?

I haven't. Naturally as I have yet to put my new gaming pc together despite having all of the parts, heh.

Pretty good thread on it in the geek emporium section.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I've been playing it the past two days. Having a good time with it - but I couldn't bring myself to recommend to anyone to buy a system for a game. Hella fun, though. (Been playing on XBox One because I didn't get into the PC beta. XBox One beta ends tomorrow, I think.)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I really want to get it but no Xbox One and don't plan on ever getting one.

Might get it after seeing the reviews for the 360 version.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Does anyone on here actively play HUT?

Yup :(

Current team
HL Semin - HL Backstrom - HL Radulov
Hossa - Duchene - Gaborik
Sochi Tarasenko - HL Krejci - Parise
36 OVR DEL Line

Suter - HL Green
McDonagh - Pietrangelo
HL Hedman - HL Carlson

Rask
HL Gustavsson

With a new computer been playing Civ V again, god I love BNW.

Anyone here played papers please?

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Yup :(

Current team
HL Semin - HL Backstrom - HL Radulov
Hossa - Duchene - Gaborik
Sochi Tarasenko - HL Krejci - Parise
36 OVR DEL Line

Suter - HL Green
McDonagh - Pietrangelo
HL Hedman - HL Carlson

Rask
HL Gustavsson

With a new computer been playing Civ V again, god I love BNW.

Anyone here played papers please?
I paid full price for Civ V when it came out and was quite disappointed. I just couldn't get into it. I've heard good things about the expansions though.

Did you play vanilla? If so, how would you compare it to BNW?

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
I paid full price for Civ V when it came out and was quite disappointed. I just couldn't get into it. I've heard good things about the expansions though.

Did you play vanilla? If so, how would you compare it to BNW?

Vanilla was too flawed to be good, Gods and Kings was a vast improvement, Brave New World is absolutely fantastic though, tourism I can't get a handle on (new culture victory) but it's fantastic, diplomacy is much more in depth, would definitely recommend downloading it though, especially if the humble bundle is still Sid Meier, works out at 15 dollars for a heck of a lot of stuff including g+k and BNW :)

Liberati0n*

I like Civilization a lot, but the problem I always have is that I'm really into it at the beginning of games and lose interest by the time it gets toward modern times. I've never played with other people though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad