OT: Video Games III

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
is it worth it to get titanfall on 360? im not looking to drop the money on an xbox one, nor do i want it anyway. will probably end up getting a ps4 later this year
Not sure its worth it...but I just pulled the trigger on the 360 deal Amazon was running today for $37.

Hard to pass that up.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hm... yeah I think i'll get that Titanfall deal too. I was pretty excited for the game for awhile before it came out and the 360 reviews aren't bad like I was expecting.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Tried Infamous:Second Son last night. It looks incredible on the PS4 but I'm still trying to get into it. A bit repetitive.

its a bit of a letdown compared to the first two. didnt really do anything creative or bold like suckerpunch usually attempts too.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Dragon Age Inquisition looks great. Games like that (eg Skyrim) often have trouble upon initial release with bugs, glitches and frame-rate issues. Think the way to go is to wait for the Game of the Year edition on PS4, then nab it.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
nhl-15-first-screenshot_1920.jpg

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Anyone playing Watch Dogs? I'm in the very popular good-but-not-great camp. If they ditch the protagonist and switch out a few writers, the sequel could be excellent.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm passing on Watchdogs. After all the hype, it's not much more than a GTA clone with a gimmicky/underdeveloped "hacking" system. Like, if you're being chased by a car, you press a button to "hack" and blow up a steam pipe....which isn't a whole lot different from being chased by a car, and pressing a button to launch a rocket into the street and blowing up part of the street. Either way, the end result is the same. I'll buy it when it's on sale for $9.99 on Steam or whatever.

I started Wildstar last week, and it's different enough from Guild Wars 2 to keep me interested.

I also bought a ton of games during the recent GOG and Humble Bundle sales, mostly point-and-click adventures and D&D-based RPGS of yesteryear. And I'm trying to get into Awesomenauts + Magicka.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ehhh...it's not really cyber-punk (in the William Gibson, Shadowrun, or Deus Ex sense) as much as "modern tech/hacker...uh...punk." I mean, you're just a Batman-voiced dude in a baseball cap and trenchcoat running around Chicago with a cellphone and pressing buttons to make things blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad